Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1069 Spoilers Discussion

Who will fight Kizaru ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

In all fairness (memes aside), I do think we’re taking things a bit too literally.

If people’s desires created the devil fruits, its likely that their fears do as well. And devil fruits come from futures that people envision, whether thats for better or worse.

For example:
An island like Drum may fear a future where the cold will grow too harsh to handle - Hie Hie No Mi

or

People living in darkness and destitution may dream of a future in the light - Pika Pika no Mi

The treasure on Mariejoa may be a “totem” that collects these feelings and creates devil fruits out of them (A devil fruit tree) and that’s why they have so many powerful fruits at their disposal.
This also might be why the Yami was labelled as the most evil fruit too. I think Sengoku said it? Or Shanks or someone else?

Tbh, thinking of Tot Musica, the Demon King itself, given how that came to exist in OP and how it weaponised itself, it feels like a deliberate "foreshadowing"/tease/allusion by Oda in regards to the history of DFs especially the Yami one too.

I haven't played Okami in years (but will replay it soon and complete it too) but i remember the final villain was called Yami too, a sentient ball of darkness and a demon/evil god or something?

It was the manifestation of evil naturally, but fear, hate, despair, greed etc I think? From everything in the world unified into it?

I might be wrong about this but it would make sense if the Yami DF had this too.
I actually expected it to have various souls trapped in it and BB might hear then screaming/agonising in his mind due to it?

Concepts like that always really fascinate but terrify me too lol.

I love your idea about the totem there too! Very creative and dope!

Last edited by a moderator:
The devil fruit lore is pretty interesting but still raises questions. Could haki manifest into devil fruits? For example, could there be a level of CoC where the user could manifest their own devil fruit?

I wonder if Sanji’s flames are a haki/devil fruit ability that he didn’t know he had? Also could Zoro’s ashura be another example? Apologies if this has already been discussed but I am not reading hundreds of pages.

He's being tactical. With the Seraphim + CP0 they have an higher chance to kill Vegaprank
They can't kill VP with the PX cause VP would just order it to stop attacking him .
He doing this so he has better chance at beating luffy , so he is being tactical just not in killing VP way lol .

This also might be why the Yami was labelled as the most evil fruit too. I think Sengoku said it? Or Shanks or someone else?

Tbh, think of Tot Musica, the Demon King itself, given how that cane to exist in OP snd how it weaponised itself, it feels like a deliberate "foreshadowing"/tease/allusion by Oda in regards to the history of DFs especially the Yami one too.

I haven't played Okami in years (but will replay it soon and complete it too) but i remember the final villain was called Yami too, a sentient ball of darkness and a demon/evil god or something?

It was the manifestation of evil naturally, but fear, hate, despair, greed etc I think? From everything in the world unified into it?

I might be wrong about this but it would make sense if the Yami DF had this too.
I actually expected it to have various dolls trapped in it and BB might hear then screaming/agonising in his mind due to it?

Concepts like that always really fascinate but terrify me too lol.

I love your idea about the totem there too! Very creative and dope!
Yeah the fear that in the end everything will crumble and be absorbed by darkness is a common fear in the real world too so this creating the Yami, which Blackbeard called the most evil and dangerous in the world, fits very well For the power.

I think these concepts come in the form of devil fruits. Which if this is the route Oda goes, I’ll actually like this growth of devil fruits. (Even more so when you think that Brooks fruit would be from a fear of a zombie Apocalypse)

Status
Not open for further replies.