Do you want a Christmas break?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
This won‘t quite help you find scum tbh tbf.
No, but scum probably haven't been given fake role sheets, and maybe just some character names, so it *will* help to stablish which characters might be fake. For example, we know Emilia and Wendy are probably in the game.

Ratchet

Actually, this may work as it worked in DLA Game. mostly Though wasnt' that game won by hostile indie?

What I for sure agree with is that someone about to be lynched should claim because better for scum to waste actions offing them than for town to waste a lynch.
That was won by a hostile indie because one - people claimed at will (this would be controlled, which is why I said I never advocated a mass claim) and two - said hostile indie was largely ignored.

No, but scum probably haven't been given fake role sheets, and maybe just some character names, so it *will* help to stablish which characters might be fake. For example, we know Emilia and Wendy are probably in the game.
Hmmmm…I have more info on this, but again, I need some help in return.

Ratchet

Simple manners would be enough. "Please", "Thank you" etc.

Plan is -
>We know who wins the events
>We pool the characters we know are in the game and split them between active (defined as multiple abilities used per day), inactive (use an ability or two sparingly) and likely to be fake
>We seek to match characters with certain players, always seeking a claim before a lynch
Specifically it's not just the rate at which they appear. Characters who kill or directly impact the game we can assume is real - characters who just have writeups that say they're powering up or have activated an ability that seemingly does nothing are possibly not real.

Ratchet

What you're saying is close to the truth, but not quite.
I don't really think it's something we need to bargin for, because by the existance of your wincon and from what I know of my own role, and the publicly available info, we can assume that fake claims are probably not even all that relevant. It's just a guide to help us pool info and limit errors/crossfire.

I don't really think it's something we need to bargin for, because by the existance of your wincon and from what I know of my own role, and the publicly available info, we can assume that fake claims are probably not even all that relevant. It's just a guide to help us pool info and limit errors/crossfire.
I disagree with this, but you‘ll see eventually.

I can see the existence of Flower’s role meaning that there are measures against making roles public/good reason not to.

Otherwise it seems like a fairly easy wincon for her to achieve.

I’m concerned with the potential downsides. I get how beneficial matching players to character’s can be for solving games like this (it was a big part of how I went about solving Fuji’s McMuffin game), but that’s all the more reason for a host to build in ample consequences.

I think we need to save the Aries game style solving of matching people to characters to when it’s really worthwhile which isn’t until later in the game.

I don’t think it should be our early game priority.

I can see the existence of Flower’s role meaning that there are measures against making roles public/good reason not to.

Otherwise it seems like a fairly easy wincon for her to achieve.

I’m concerned with the potential downsides. I get how beneficial matching players to character’s can be for solving games like this (it was a big part of how I went about solving Fuji’s McMuffin game), but that’s all the more reason for a host to build in ample consequences.

I think we need to save the Aries game style solving of matching people to characters to when it’s really worthwhile which isn’t until later in the game.

I don’t think it should be our early game priority.
This isn’t discrediting Ratchet’s ideas for it. Bc I imagine eventually even with consequences it will become the optimal move.

But I don’t think it’s the move at the start of the game.

I disagree with this, but you‘ll see eventually.
Alternative would be that roles are not alignment indicative flavour wise (not obvious bad and good girls teams), but if we see a role taking an obvious anti town action like a kill on town read player (most lazy example) we can propably assume it is scum?

Ratchet

Is Zolo not a more optimal vig shot?

I’ve never seen you go with this strategy before so I’m trying to understand why you’re prioritizing Zolo over looking for someone who is playing scummy.
Well, has he been vigged? It's day 1. Get rid of the useless trolls and see who is trying to position themselves off of the back of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.