Controversial Is there any Shounen with a better World Building than One Piece?

One piece's world building died a slow painful death in wano. One piece does not have worlf building it has design building
Post automatically merged:

Do not compare the greatest manga of all time with one piece. Even at it's lowest moment the best manga of all time had more compelling characters than anything one piece has

People clearly don't know what World Building is:
"Worldbuilding is the process of constructing a world, originally an imaginary one, sometimes associated with a fictional universe. Developing an imaginary setting with coherent qualities such as a history, geography, and ecology is a key task for many science fiction or fantasy writers. Worldbuilding often involves the creation of geography, a backstory, flora, fauna, inhabitants, technology and often if writing speculative fiction, different races. This may include social customs as well as invented languages for the world. " Source: Wikipedia.

One Piece we have Syrup Village, a small village without protection of WG/Marines that a pirate lived many years as a simple employee in order to his master plan to inherit all the money from the sick richest girl. That is World Building.

Baratie a Sea Restaurant that all employees are ex-pirates because they can handle the waves without getting sick and the clients since they are their own protection.

Cocoyasi Village where fishmen uses the sea around them to sink Navy Ships besides all the lore Oda build up about Fishmen explaining why they act like that towards humans(those who were part of Tiger crew).

The whole thing with Reverse Mountain explaining how the 4 seas meet there and how unique grand line is.

Every island has it unique aspect many were briefly showed while others we could explore more.

I'm not 100% aware of Naruto World Building but as far I saw there isn't too much compared to One Piece. HxH is just the same.
Creating random settings doesn't mean you have strong world building. Every manga has settings. Naruto had five different villages. HxH had a whole arc in a virtual gaming settings. Creating settings is the bare minimum of world building.

Creating random settings doesn't mean you have strong world building. Every manga has settings. Naruto had five different villages. HxH had a whole arc in a virtual gaming settings. Creating settings is the bare minimum of world building.
If not that then what? One Piece has everything it needs to be considered a well build World Building and it has on tons of it.

Compare it to Bleach that has very raw World Building. All 3 worlds seems much small but they slowly gets bigger with new arcs. While One Piece since beginning makes the first small world(East Blue) seem huge.

Was that last explanation clear? It may get confused since I'm calling East Blue as a World.

If not that then what? One Piece has everything it needs to be considered a well build World Building and it has on tons of it.

Compare it to Bleach that has very raw World Building. All 3 worlds seems much small but they slowly gets bigger with new arcs. While One Piece since beginning makes the first small world(East Blue) seem huge.

Was that last explanation clear? It may get confused since I'm calling East Blue as a World.
World Building isn't just settings. You have to incorporate those settings with characters and a plot that tie together with the world you created. Creating a bunch of islands isn't world building. Reverie is the only world building arc in the entire post time skip. Wano, Punk Hazard, Fishman Island, Dressrosa, WCI all those arcs weren't world building. Reverie was world building because it tied a plot with a setting of the world Oda created that was developed prior i.e. the world government and kings of nations, etc. That is world building. Luffy going to random islands and meeting a bunch of characters isn't world building.

World Building isn't just settings. You have to incorporate those settings with characters and a plot that tie together with the world you created. Creating a bunch of islands isn't world building. Reverie is the only world building arc in the entire post time skip. Wano, Punk Hazard, Fishman Island, Dressrosa, WCI all those arcs weren't world building. Reverie was world building because it tied a plot with a setting of the world Oda created that was developed prior i.e. the world government and kings of nations, etc. That is world building. Luffy going to random islands and meeting a bunch of characters isn't world building.
Dude... If anything Reverie would be the least world building arc because we already know everything there already exists.

All islands Oda made an adventure of Strawhats perfectly connects the setting and the plot. Skype being about angels and gods. How is that not world building? The missing piece of Jaya, the watersprout (forget that name) and the city of gold being at Skypea. That's crazy level of world building. Everything well connected. Also the whole plot of Noland.

Nami being a thief and only later we finding out why she is like that. That's world building.

Thriller Bark is another terrific example of Wirld Building. Is not random islands.

Dressrosa another example. A simple normal island that got that way because of Sugar power.

People clearly don't know what World Building is:
"Worldbuilding is the process of constructing a world, originally an imaginary one, sometimes associated with a fictional universe. Developing an imaginary setting with coherent qualities such as a history, geography, and ecology is a key task for many science fiction or fantasy writers. Worldbuilding often involves the creation of geography, a backstory, flora, fauna, inhabitants, technology and often if writing speculative fiction, different races. This may include social customs as well as invented languages for the world. " Source: Wikipedia.

One Piece we have Syrup Village, a small village without protection of WG/Marines that a pirate lived many years as a simple employee in order to his master plan to inherit all the money from the sick richest girl. That is World Building.

Baratie a Sea Restaurant that all employees are ex-pirates because they can handle the waves without getting sick and the clients since they are their own protection.

Cocoyasi Village where fishmen uses the sea around them to sink Navy Ships besides all the lore Oda build up about Fishmen explaining why they act like that towards humans(those who were part of Tiger crew).

The whole thing with Reverse Mountain explaining how the 4 seas meet there and how unique grand line is.

Every island has it unique aspect many were briefly showed while others we could explore more.

I'm not 100% aware of Naruto World Building but as far I saw there isn't too much compared to One Piece. HxH is just the same.
Dude seriously they dont have a clue about what is world building. One piece has its flaws but its wb is second to none. So many factions, so many islands, numerous characters etc.. Naruto better than one piece? hahahahaha wtf, there are like 5 villages, 4 of which are much weaker than hidden leaf with characters who all have the same abilities(like in hidden cloud all they can use is lighting). And there are only ninjas and normal citizens(and very few samurai), i mean what kind of world building is that?
And AoA's world building is trash, wont even mention anything else.
Only anime/manga that comes near is hxh although still inferior. I mean the most interesting thing about it was the dark continent and we never get to actually explore it.
Seriously the bias against one piece is getting out of hands in this forum.

You have confused plot writing with world building.
Here is a text from wikipedia. It will help you understand what wb is:
"Worldbuilding is the process of constructing a world, originally an imaginary one, sometimes associated with a fictional universe. Developing an imaginary setting with coherent qualities such as a history, geography, and ecology is a key task for many science fiction or fantasy writers."

Junatic

Lunatic Queen
"World" and "world building" are two different things imo. The world's abt the setting whereas the world building's abt the specifics, rules and limitations that make the world feel organic. To me, OP world's great when it comes to its unique setting, which is smth Oda excels at, but falls short in terms of world building. It's rly nth special, I'd even argue it became terrible post-TS 'cause of all the things Oda added which aren't consistent with a lot of things we saw ealier.

Lol OP is so terrible at world building. It tries to establish the world but got destroyed by inconsistency & plot convenience. I will name a few

- The emperors are portrayed as the most powerful pirate. However, one of them got wrecked by just half of strawhats
- The strongest creature who is hungry for fight and death, keep talking about killing. In the end, he cant kill anyone, and crying why he threw luffy to the sea instead of pop his brain off as he initially said
- Inconsistent power system. Haki is just branched into many random stuff
- Too many plot conveniences from MC sides.
- Toon force stupid shit.

In HxH everythings are well explained. The power system is top notched. Most importantly, character likes Hisoka, irumi, Phantom troup, Chimera ants, etc wont get watered down by stupid MC plot convenience. They are still as scary and powerful from start to finish. Unlike Oda who turned Kaido & BM into a joke & meme and turns emperor system into a clown.