Spoiler One Piece Chapter 979 Spoilers Discussion

Who Would Win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
His Doughnuts is what made me love him actually...
I mean it's not like my love for his character dropped for this but I f'ing hate when a character who is super op and scary get this treatment by the author. Yeah yeah it was funny indeed but I can't forget the amount of time I had when I was thinking about some Katakuri theories and my brain was like " DOUGHNUTS DOUGHNUTS" and not about how scary he is.

I don't like what Oda did here. I mean it doesn't necessarily kill all the hype around King but it makes All-Stars look like a meme ( nervous WCI flashback ). Imagine probably being second strongest after Kaido ( Talking about King ) and some six punks who look for the position as top commanders don't care about you and don't listen to your calls. Why? Can Oda stop making intimidating characters looks like jokes? King still has some hype but I can totally imagine Oda writing that King has a break during a fight to watch his torture tapes and has wide open mouth from eating too much shit ( Zoro vs Sanji debates ).

Respect the commanders! :/
King veen rheir for 25 years. So that means that many have tried and they all got bodied. King is the one even telling them. This shows ge doesn't care.

Yeah I know it's from writing... that's one of the valid reasons to hate a character mate.. if his character is not well-written in your opinion... Like, literally.. VERY VALID REASON LOL
That has nothing to do with how well written he is wtf. How to tell if a character is well written: their personality, how consistent they are, their ambitions, how original they are, their dialogue, how emotional they can make fans, etc.

Oda choosing to replace Ace has NOTHING to do with how well written Sabo is but rather Oda's writing as an author. At best you could argue that Sabo's not 100% original because he replaced Ace, but even then Sabo's personality, fighting style, and ambitions are completely different than Ace's. Their similarities end at luffy's big brothers and the mera mera no mi.

I'm not saying you don't have a right to hate him. Hate whoever you want. I'm pointing out that you're reason for hating a character has nothing to do with how the actual character is written but rather the author's choice to introduce said character.

Yo no joke, but what if Kaidos son is the lurking legend? Wouldnt that be dope? If his true name is Yamato then at least in our world historically speaking, he is a legend. Oda likes to take inspirations as we know
I'm mean... wouldn't he be too young to be considered a legend?? EVEN if he was as strong as his father... it still doesn't feel like it's appropriate to call him a "Lurking Legend"...

That has nothing to do with how well written he is wtf. How to tell if a character is well written: their personality, how consistent they are, their ambitions, how original they are, their dialogue, how emotional they can make fans, etc.

Oda choosing to replace Ace has NOTHING to do with how well written Sabo is but rather Oda's writing as an author. At best you could argue that Sabo's not 100% original because he replaced Ace, but even then Sabo's personality, fighting style, and ambitions are completely different than Ace's. Their similarities end at luffy's big brothers and the mera mera no mi.

I'm not saying you don't have a right to hate him. Hate whoever you want. I'm pointing out that you're reason for hating a character has nothing to do with how the actual character is written but rather the author's choice to introduce said character.
There is no Originality in him for me
His personality is cringy for me...
His dialog makes him more cringy for me
never got emotional for him
LOL
I just hate him... sorry
It just happens LOL

I mean it's not like my love for his character dropped for this but I f'ing hate when a character who is super op and scary get this treatment by the author. Yeah yeah it was funny indeed but I can't forget the amount of time I had when I was thinking about some Katakuri theories and my brain was like " DOUGHNUTS DOUGHNUTS" and not about how scary he is.
hahahaha
For me... I share the SAME LOVE for Doughnuts as Katakuri... so I was all the way invested in that scene.. and singing with him.... The voice actor also who played in in Anime (same guy who plays Gintoki... from Gintama.. My FAV character in ANY MEDIUM).. so the voice actor basically NAILED IT with the song LOL

- Strawhats and Kidd Pirates start infiltrating Kaidos Mansion
- Once the Flying Six manage to find Kaidos son, they get the chance to challenge the calamities.
- The challenge is supposed to be demonstrated in front of Big Mom. That is the reason why Kaido gathered them to meet big mom.
- Kaido wants to show strength of flying six to big mom
- If one of Flying Six win against the calamities, they can replace the respective All-Star
- We see Big Mom in her Kimono as she joins Kaido on the festival
- The numbers have a gift prepared for Kaido (it is stated that its something important)
- Kanjuro is flying towards Hiyori instead of Onigashima

Source 5ch

Iโ€™m not sure about this but it seems right.

There is no Originality in him for me
His personality is cringy for me...
His dialog makes him more cringy for me
never got emotional for him
LOL
I just hate him... sorry
It just happens LOL
Interesting that after all this time, now is when you finally start trying to point out the things you hate about his actual character :sus:

Whatever brother, at the end of the day it's all subjective.

Basically EVERY important scene for Sabo is related to Ace in some way...shape or form!

1- He was introduced THORUGH Ace... meaning he didn't meet Luffy first

2- The second important moment was the Sake cup of brotherhood...

3- The third important event was him "getting his memory back" through Ace's news of death.. Oda wanting us to say "Uhhhh I'm crying like you Sabo.. I love you Sabo... don't worry" LOL

4- After getting back his memory... we see him in Dressrosa... what was his goal? not fucking meeting Luffy... NO FUCK THAT.. he could have met him with Robin when Robin headed to Saboady... this Asshole only came for Ace's DF...

5- Sabo saying "I will inherit your will Ace".. Great.. now not only you take same DF.. which is not unique.. now you supposedly inhereted his will? so can Blackbeard inherit Roger's will just because he says he will? LMAO.. but whatever.. it's a cheap way once again by Oda to make us empathize with Sabo

6- Eats the fruit... using "Fire Fist attack" on ring for us fans to say "Uhhh.. remeniscent of Ace AGAIN... we like you Sabo"

7- Ace vs Fujitora: Once again... Sabo says "I never want to feel that again" talking about Ace before clashing with Marines... Uhh we like You Sabo...

8- Sabo vs Burgess... nah... you cannot have it a normal fight.. you have to make Burgess insult Ace once again... so that Oda makes us fans cheer for Sabo.... Yeeeey.. we like you Sabo

9- Sabo finishes Burgess... then says Ace did not forgive you.... Uhhh Ace's spirit lives in Sabo... we like you Sabo

10- Blackbeard Pirates - Revs connection and Sabo (once again Oda trying to make us remember the Ace - BB)

11- There is terrible bad news about Sabo now after Reverie... Uhhh.. We like you Sabo... I hope he is safe and not captured by Marines like Ace had before

Bruhhh.....
:seriously:

Literally every IMPORTANT moment of Sabo revolves around Ace... what are we talking about... Oda is using Fans sympathy and emotions towards Ace.. as way to make us like Sabo instead of making him separate entity that is loved because of who he is... and not because every god damn thing is circling back to Ace ...
Umm that's just you finding ways to make it relate to Ace lol.

1. Ok so he's introduced as Ace's bestfriend. How is this using emotion towards Ace to make people like Sabo? You really think Oda believes because he introduces somebody as Ace's bestfriend people will automatically like him?
2. Yup he shared the cup with Luffy and Ace, I assume Oda was using emotions towards Luffy to make people like Ace too then aye? lol.
3. Yup but what is Oda doing here that is supposed to "MAKE" you like him? You either like the fact that the loss of his bestfriend triggered his memories.. or you don't. Oda isn't making you do jackshit man lol. I liked it, but not because of Ace, but because it represented he had a strong bond with his childhood bestfriend.
4. How do you know he only came for the DF? He was able to even pinpoint Luffy without ever seeing him, you're making an assumption he only came for the DF. If he had just come for the DF, would've ignored Luffy and gotten straight to just stealing the Devil Fruit. And you're calling Sabo an asshole, while loving Ace? Lol alright bro.
5. Yup this was a cool moment for me, Sabo carrying on the will of dead bestfriend. Again, liked it not because of Ace, but because of what it represented for their "Brotherhood".
6. Again, Oda isn't making you do jackshit.. you either like it or don't. No clue where you're getting that Oda is making you like Sabo.
7. Yes this is about Sabo's emotion, he doesn't want to feel the loss of his bestfriend again.. this is a scene about specfically Sabo.. you're here trying to reach hard and aiming to make it about Ace lol.
8. This side ass fight is one of the most important parts about Sabo, even though he was just using it to test out his DF? lol ok
9. This was actually a nice cool Ace-Sabo moment
10. Oda ain't doing shit.. LMAO. RA-BB moment is literally a moment between Dragon who represents freedom and Blackbeard who wants to conquer. WTF DOES ACE have anything to do with this?? Bro you're reaching haaard.
11. Really... a thing that has absolutely nothing to do with Ace.. and you found a way to connect Ace to it...

See you just gave the perfect example of what I was saying. Any Sabo fan who liked Sabo in majority of those moment, didn't think a single time about Ace.. why? Because majority of them had nothing to do with Ace. And the SMALL moments that had to do with Ace, we liked them.. why ? Because we like the brotherhood between Ace & Sabo.

The fact that people like Sabo, while not giving a fuck about Ace, clearly means liking his character is not connected to Ace. It's just you guys who have this weird obsession with the emo boy seem to connect EVERYTHING about Sabo to Ace.. why? to somehow claim he's a bad character.

Let me do what you just did for Sabo.. for Ace:

- Ace is luffy's brother.. oooohh yay everybody Like Ace because he's luffy's brother
- he's trying to protect his little brother from Blackbeard.. ooo look everybody like Ace because he's protecting luffy
- He's in prison in impel down talking about their fathers.. look everybody they might even share the same fathers!! love ace!!
- Luffy tried to rescue him.. Look everybody luffy's trying to rescue Ace, make sure you love Ace !!
- Ace died.. look everybody Luffy failed to save his brother and now he's crying.. lets all feel sad for Ace's death, such a loving guy!!

... There's still plenty more examples like that. But does any Ace fan give a single fuck about Luffy's connection to Ace in those moments or do they like them because of Ace himself? My assumption would be Ace himself. Sure they'd love the big bro-lil bro connection between Ace & Luffy, cause I did. But that's the same for Sabo & Luffy, their big bro - lil bro connection is nice.

You can do this for Shanks, and pretty much any character who has a strong connection with another character..
---------------
Also, majority of those points aren't even the important reasons why people like Sabo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.