Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1071 Spoilers Discussion

Will we get an Elbaf Arc?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, it doesn't. But swordsmen also DO tend to be some of the most lethal fighters in the verse.

And when I say lethal, I don't literally mean death because Oda hardly lets it happen in OP. I'm talking about the amount of attacks that actually need to land in order to defeat an opponent.

Think about how many attacks it took Luffy to put Kaido down, compared to the implication of how close Kaido was to being put down by Oden's Togen Totsuka.

Obv, Luffy has surpassed Oden, but still.
I will give this to you as i think you have a rational thinking.

Its not about bounty
Its how the fight went down
Kaido fought 15+ people overusing haki
Luffy got ko 3 4 times
Had rest and eat meat
Haki recharged
A fresh kaido would destroy current luffy
Kaido fought Luffy for majority of time...Kaido did have rest after scabbards...had wine which is like how meat is to Luffy...Luffy got KOed twice, one was thrown out into sea and another one was pre G5....rest are temporary KO which Kaido also had...and Luffy is not "fresh" either from Yamato and Kaido words....

Of course Kaido wins even with current Luffy but nothing less than high diff if we speak in "worst gen" terms...

And I put bounty because that is how Oda shows when Luffy surpass another character irrespective of how fight went down or how worst gen microscalers think...

Sanji has no business looking boss when he's doing nothing. I want my boy to fight CP too (not Stussy though, Oda, please, :pepestrike:).

Zoro vs Kaku is nice. No needless callbacks either, just clashing like we expect Zoro to clash against fellow swordsmans. Zoro looked boss too but thankfully Kaku panicking wasn't to ridiculous degree.

Garp doing stuff is great and Garp vs Teach after Law vs Teach should be nice. Hopefully Law vs Teach ain't over, I know some are expecting some random panel of Law beat but Law holding Teach off till Garp arrives would be wild. Teach really making up for being off-panel so long. Unlike Akainu, Oda has no issue having Teach show off even before Luffy has to face off with him though Teach is more similar to Luffy in having to grow and prove himself whilst Sakazuki may not need to prove anything.

Uta in that colour cover is perhaps unnecessary but I don't mind too much. The cover looks nice and I never get tired of seeing the Straw Hats in nice clothes and poses.

Kuma going off to Mariejois rather than Egghead is a surprise but I guess makes sense if it's much closer. I wonder where this goes. Dragon really needs to step up, his men are making moves and planning isn't enough from a guy leading the whole group.

Lucci's high. He got whooped by Luffy and was almost unconscious, if not temporarily unconscious, and he's here spouting that Luffy ain't an Emperor. Makes sense though that people that saw Luffy come up don't believe he's passed so much but reality doesn't need to be consistent with these past foes' hopes that Luffy's growth is consistent with theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.