Questions & Mysteries Who is Zoro's final opponent?

Who's the strongest swordsman who will get slashed by Zoro at series end?

• Shanks

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Kizaru

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Fujitora

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Big mom

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Samurai Ghandi (Gorosei)

Votes: 23 43.4%
  • Imu (Coz he has that sword)

• Vista

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Jack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Law

• Shiriyu

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • King

• Jack

• Ashura Douji

• Kin'emon

• Smoothie

• Cracker

• Who's who

• Brook

• Whitebeard's corpse with his Bisento with Shank's shadow

• Tashigi

• Commander Shu (the one who rusted his sword)

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Orochi

• That one other Red hair pirate with a sword

• Rayleigh and Scooper Gaban team up and together they are the WSS

• Killer

• Total voters
I always just assumed this was about Shanks finding out that Roger is dying, and wanting to ask him if it's true. Because we only saw him cry during the execution, and the whole Roger, Shanks and Luffy thing is that they only cry or are sad about someone dear to them, never themselves.

Just a thought

Don't ask me!
The whole crew knew he was dying.
Oda is clearly saying Shanks asked him a question which was intentionally not revealed, indicating it's something we don't know. If it was that, then Oda would have just put the dialogue out there

Honestly i feel the chances of mihawk being zoros final fight is as likley as luffy meeting up with shanks and returning his hat
Like its definitely possible no doubt but at the same time it might not happen for better or worse

Also nomatter who it is zoros not gonna have the final battle of the series lol
Imagine luffy defeating teach or imu in the final arc just to end on zoro vs mihawk...
:jay-he:
Its not like hes allied anymore to the wg or allied with teach to make it more likely
If shanks is for some reason the final battle i guess its possible but i doubt it. Tho its not impossible i guess

The whole crew knew he was dying.
Oda is clearly saying Shanks asked him a question which was intentionally not revealed, indicating it's something we don't know. If it was that, then Oda would have just put the dialogue out there
Did I say they didn't know? He wanted to hear it from Roger was what I was implying.
Hahaha of course it was intentional and something we don't know. But I'm making a guess.

Mihawk is a mentor, he's lost his tension as an enemy. He's like one of those old dudes who talks about back in the day how they used to fight instead of kill each other. Mihawk and Zoro set up their little dream duel together and that's a pretty boring challenge vs something bigger and meaner out there.
I don't think Mihawk ever was painted as an enemy or future arc villain, even back at Baraite. If let's say, hypothetically Luffy fights Shanks and it's the last thing this series does (for some possible unknown reason because we know almost nothing about his character still), having Mihawk present to fight Zoro just makes it climactic because Mihawk IS the person to be beat. It seems only Mihawk and Ryuuma are the only two people so far that have turned their blades black. Not even Fujitora, Oden, or Shiryu have performed this feat. Hell, maybe the Monk Gorosei has his this way but as of yet we don't know.

To me I still see the hype behind Mihawk vs. Zoro and I see almost none of it behind Shiryu, even with his random invisibility power.

The reason of his death is the mystery. It's bound to be part of that conversation.
I mean, we can guess that sure, but Shanks specifically asked this question AFTER they got back from Laugh Tale. He could have asked this question beforehand then.

Again, if you follow Oda's actual narrative behind Oden's words that chapter, it implies that Shanks asked a question to Roger that could have only been answered after they found One Piece.

I mean, we can guess that sure, but Shanks specifically asked this question AFTER they got back from Laugh Tale. He could have asked this question beforehand then.

Again, if you follow Oda's actual narrative behind Oden's words that chapter, it implies that Shanks asked a question to Roger that could have only been answered after they found One Piece.
Um... That is exactly why he'd ask after! Because finding/getting one piece could be the reason he's dying soon. Surely there is some kind of price to pay, or a catch connected with getting one piece and his imminent death.

Hahaha forgive me if my English isn't up to par to be understood well! Of course this is all just my theories.

Um... That is exactly why he'd ask after! Because finding/getting one piece could be the reason he's dying soon. Surely there is some kind of price to pay, or a catch connected with getting one piece and his imminent death.

Hahaha forgive me if my English isn't up to par to be understood well! Of course this is all just my theories.
No sure how Roger having a health related sickness, where they required an actual doctor to be on board (Crocus) would at all be related to finding One Piece.....before actual finding One Piece lol

And it's all good, we all interpret the story in different ways, but in the end it's all up to Oda and what he does. We'll see where the story goes after Wano.

I don't think Mihawk ever was painted as an enemy or future arc villain, even back at Baraite. If let's say, hypothetically Luffy fights Shanks and it's the last thing this series does (for some possible unknown reason because we know almost nothing about his character still), having Mihawk present to fight Zoro just makes it climactic because Mihawk IS the person to be beat. It seems only Mihawk and Ryuuma are the only two people so far that have turned their blades black. Not even Fujitora, Oden, or Shiryu have performed this feat. Hell, maybe the Monk Gorosei has his this way but as of yet we don't know.

To me I still see the hype behind Mihawk vs. Zoro and I see almost none of it behind Shiryu, even with his random invisibility power.
Mihawk is romantic, Shanks isn't entirely. Not unless you think being chased when the Marines decide they don't need you and going straight to commanding a room full of gorosei are comparable. Mihawk doesn't want to get involved with more than a pure sword fight and can be found using non lethal means if he doesn't particularly dislike you. Shanks seems like a good dude but we seriously don't know his motivation yet.

It could be Mihawk, Stairs Sama, Tashigi, resurrected Kuina... mainly looks like Mihawk sure. But again, I just think he's sweet and liable to get rolled by a harder pirate like Teach did Newgate.

No sure how Roger having a health related sickness, where they required an actual doctor to be on board (Crocus) would at all be related to finding One Piece.....before actual finding One Piece lol

And it's all good, we all interpret the story in different ways, but in the end it's all up to Oda and what he does. We'll see where the story goes after Wano.
All I’m saying is there is no way this conversation is not connected to finding one piece, and then deciding to let the marines execute him. Maybe he decided to prematurely end his life after that trip because of what he saw there? Or because he became PK? Who knows. And that decision made Shanks cry, if you get my point.

All I’m saying is there is no way this conversation is not connected to finding one piece, and then deciding to let the marines execute him. Maybe he decided to prematurely end his life after that trip because of what he saw there? Or because he became PK? Who knows. And that decision made Shanks cry, if you get my point.
Pretty sure he gave himself up because he was dying and wanted to start the next pirate age. If he died from his sickness, no one would even know about One Piece and the Great Pirate age wouldn't be a thing.

He died with a purpose, and this question has been answered since Rayleigh explained it on Sabaody.

Shanks question was a personal question, Oden implies it in the dialogue

Pretty sure he gave himself up because he was dying and wanted to start the next pirate age. If he died from his sickness, no one would even know about One Piece and the Great Pirate age wouldn't be a thing.

He died with a purpose, and this question has been answered since Rayleigh explained it on Sabaody.

Shanks question was a personal question, Oden implies it in the dialogue
No one dies just to start a pirate age :D Jokes aside, it was easier for him because he was terminally ill, but there had to be a reason why precisely at that very moment, and not in a year, two years, or six months. Something happened.
I stand by that Shanks would only cry for Roger and/or the crew, so we will have to agree to disagree. But thank you for pointing everything out - especially Shanks’ dark face.

No one dies just to start a pirate age :D Jokes aside, it was easier for him because he was terminally ill, but there had to be a reason why precisely at that very moment, and not in a year, two years, or six months. Something happened.
I stand by that Shanks would only cry for Roger and/or the crew, so we will have to agree to disagree. But thank you for pointing everything out - especially Shanks’ dark face.
I hope you know I'm not disagreeing over what Shanks cried over. I'm just pointing out that it is a mystery not yet answered and may have clues to what Shanks's actual motivations are. This could be entirely a good motivation, or grey or somewhat bad, I was just pointing out that Oda left it ambiguous so we'd question why he didn't reveal it right there.

I hope you know I'm not disagreeing over what Shanks cried over. I'm just pointing out that it is a mystery not yet answered and may have clues to what Shanks's actual motivations are. This could be entirely a good motivation, or grey or somewhat bad, I was just pointing out that Oda left it ambiguous so we'd question why he didn't reveal it right there.
Noted! Yes, absolutely. You have a great point.