Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Indigo

Not in this specific scenario, but that doesn't matter? If I believe XYZ Player is town and that statement is being tested, whatever XYZ really is doesn't matter.
I didn't say "I believe"

i said "I know"

once again you put belief in there, that wouldn't work

the lie detect would come back false if i just believe Flower was town

i really had to KNOW for a fact she was town to be able for that phrase to come true

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I didn't say "I believe"

i said "I know"

once again you put belief in there, that wouldn't work

the lie detect would come back false if i just believe Flower was town

i really had to KNOW for a fact she was town to be able for that phrase to come true
And I've "known" players were town before too without having their full role.

There's the fundamental issue of trust that I do not have for you that you aren't getting.

I'm picking up right where I left off and making do with what I know and what I observe. If you wanna fill me in on anything now, go ahead.
Jumping on someone without a question not knowing what was happening in last 100 pages doesn't pass for observing, imo

To be fair, i'm talking with you, because i had to pick one person and i can't vote 3 at the same time.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Jumping on someone without a question not knowing what was happening in last 100 pages doesn't pass for observing, imo

To be fair, i'm talking with you, because i had to pick one person and i can't vote 3 at the same time.
I guess I should say what I've observed the game and what I immediately see in front of me, if we need to be specific here.

I

Indigo

And I've "known" players were town before too without having their full role.

There's the fundamental issue of trust that I do not have for you that you aren't getting.
i do get it, but you keep circuling back

you "knowing" these others roles weren't lie detected, that's what i'm talking about

this one would've been lie detected, i'm not just asking for you to trust my word

and you really can't see the diferrence between lie detecting these two phrases:

1 - "I believe Flower is town"

2 - "I know Flower is town"

The first one would come out true even if Flower was scum or town, just because i believed it

The second one wouldn't come out true if i just believed it, i had to have her actual rolesheet, because even an invest or something like that, wouldn't be 100% garanteed

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
i do get it, but you keep circuling back

you "knowing" these others roles weren't lie detected, that's what i'm talking about

this one would've been lie detected, i'm not just asking for you to trust my word

and you really can't see the diferrence between lie detecting these two phrases:

1 - "I believe Flower is town"

2 - "I know Flower is town"

The first one would come out true even if Flower was scum or town, just because i believed it

The second one wouldn't come out true if i just believed it, i had to have her actual rolesheet, because even an invest or something like that, wouldn't be 100% garanteed
You make a distinction here where I do not.

You can "know" Flowa is town, say that whole heartedly without fully knowing her role. I do not know what extent you know about her role, it's only the belief that you "know" she's town that really matters for the lie detect.

Which again.

Is coming from an indie.
On another player
Who happens to be horribly suspicious all game.

I'll never accept that as valid.

I

Indigo

You make a distinction here where I do not.

You can "know" Flowa is town, say that whole heartedly without fully knowing her role. I do not know what extent you know about her role, it's only the belief that you "know" she's town that really matters for the lie detect.

Which again.

Is coming from an indie.
On another player
Who happens to be horribly suspicious all game.

I'll never accept that as valid.
If i said 'I know Flower is town"

just because i believed it, without any actual evidence, this would come out false in a lie detect

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
If i said 'I know Flower is town"

just because i believed it, without any actual evidence, this would come out false in a lie detect
If you had a good reason to say that, I don't think it would. Hypothetically, If she gave you a fake role, it wouldn't.

So yeah, no. If we brought her back I still wouldn't accept this as a valid strat.

We have almost 7000 posts and we're only in D3. Surely there can be a bit of forgiveness for some.

Why are you so aggressive over this?
It makes me wonder is the player busy/real life going on or is the player not reading on purpose. A player not reading on purpose concerns me and sometimes I have caught scum from not reading the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.