• Entry 12

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰
I am the leader of a mason group of townies. This group has only 4 slots in it(probably because of the flavor), each one will give an extra ability to the town who joins. I can recruit a mason for every 2 mafia eliminated.

The four abilities of the vacant masons are named after characters and are described as such :
-The investigative ability called the rolecop in WUs. Unlike the name its nerfed so the cop gets only a name and alignment.
-An ability to aid in winning RPS or dice once per cycle.
-An ability to add 1000 gold to every other mason each cycle.
-An ability to increase the vote of yourself by 2.

Once occupied, some of the abilities will change so it can only affect mason members. So the invest for example can only be directed at self or other masons. The RPS/dice ability can also only be directed at self or masons. The discussion in the PM about this is pretty long, but the main reason its like that is so the masons don't become overpowered. So the solution is to tie the abilities together.

Here come my abilities:
Thousand beautiful Outfits can make me switch alignment with a player of my choice. This is meant to be used when a mason takes the investigative slot. So I choose a player we suspect and switch alignments, and the cop mason invests me. Then we learn of the alignment of the target. (funnily enough this is what happened when Tentei invested Fuji after Fooj switched with Muugen)

Studying Session can make me borrow other abilities of the masons as long as its vacant, like the invest/vote increase..etc. I can use it outside of the group, unlike if they were occupied. It was used twice so far, both times to borrow the ability of the cop.

Study Books is a watcher ability, I get the name of a player who visited OR was visited by my target.

The passives are pretty simple: We can share both money and items freely between each other in the group.

There are three group abiltiies, these are 1 shot abilities:
Each Mason gets a Roleblock ability.
Each Mason gets a Wound ability.
Each Mason can grab a tossed item/ability.

If this isn't clear enough, I'm open to any questions.
Ok here's my veredict on it.

Flavour wise the role makes sense. The flavour part of of the named Quints' abilities that Apollo gave later make sense. This checks.

You can see thar Apollo claimed 4 abilities in the Masons' part and later added Yotsuba which is the Inno ability. Now I was going to wait for Apollo to answer but the way he phrased it here I believe he would say it's Yotsuba. This part is WIFOM but I'll say it regardless -> Rej's favourite Quint is Yotsuba so I can see him making the "main" player ocuppy Yotsuba's slot.

Now as for abilities. First ones that make the most sense. Studying session I see no problems with it, borrows a quint ability when the slot doesn't have anyone. Similarly for the grouping ability.

Putting aside Yotsuba/inno ability the 4 Quint's ability are ok. Don't see any issue with those.

Now the Outfit's and Yotsuba's ability. This is where my issue is. If I take it at face value I could say that this is a cult role and it's a given that Apollo has an inno ability. Plus the outfit ability could be used to switch the alignment of a culted player with Apollo and make the culted player appear inno to inv. So if this was a Town role what purpose would it serve?

Right now and if Town (and I'm open to suggestions) it could be to make the role look scummy. I'm not saying that it's Town or cult and I won't try to convince anyone otherwise of either but just for everyone's info

Mitch's role in the Greek Mythology game had an untrackable passive and he was Town. There are more examples but you know where I'm getting at. I could cite one more example but I'll refrain from doing so and from my POV I could see this being the case considering one ability I have (and no, I'm not going to say what it is and it has nothing to do with inv)

Could be cult? Possible. Could be Town? Possible. Would it be worth it to leave Apollo be for now and check if a convert/cult WU appears? I'll leave it to your judgement.

One thing to take note. Let's say that he's indeed cult. Would it make sense for cult to only be able to get more members if Mafia is dead? Quite the handicap I think and it would highly depend on Town's performance which I think it would be quote unfair for a cult.

On another note. Let's say the role is indeed Town. The masoning ability is heavily restricted to not let be many confirmed Town at once. Still kinda powerful but only if the role makes it to endgame.

Tagging for everyone to see

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰

Flavour wise the role makes sense. The flavour part of of the named Quints' abilities that Apollo gave later make sense. This checks.

You can see thar Apollo claimed 4 abilities in the Masons' part and later added Yotsuba which is the Inno ability. Now I was going to wait for Apollo to answer but the way he phrased it here I believe he would say it's Yotsuba. This part is WIFOM but I'll say it regardless -> Rej's favourite Quint is Yotsuba so I can see him making the "main" player ocuppy Yotsuba's slot.

Now as for abilities. First ones that make the most sense. Studying session I see no problems with it, borrows a quint ability when the slot doesn't have anyone. Similarly for the grouping ability.

Putting aside Yotsuba/inno ability the 4 Quint's ability are ok. Don't see any issue with those.

Now the Outfit's and Yotsuba's ability. This is where my issue is. If I take it at face value I could say that this is a cult role and it's a given that Apollo has an inno ability. Plus the outfit ability could be used to switch the alignment of a culted player with Apollo and make the culted player appear inno to inv. So if this was a Town role what purpose would it serve?

Right now and if Town (and I'm open to suggestions) it could be to make the role look scummy. I'm not saying that it's Town or cult and I won't try to convince anyone otherwise of either but just for everyone's info

Mitch's role in the Greek Mythology game had an untrackable passive and he was Town. There are more examples but you know where I'm getting at. I could cite one more example but I'll refrain from doing so and from my POV I could see this being the case considering one ability I have (and no, I'm not going to say what it is and it has nothing to do with inv)

Could be cult? Possible. Could be Town? Possible. Would it be worth it to leave Apollo be for now and check if a convert/cult WU appears? I'll leave it to your judgement.

One thing to take note. Let's say that he's indeed cult. Would it make sense for cult to only be able to get more members if Mafia is dead? Quite the handicap I think and it would highly depend on Town's performance which I think it would be quote unfair for a cult.

On another note. Let's say the role is indeed Town. The masoning ability is heavily restricted to not let be many confirmed Town at once. Still kinda powerful but only if the role makes it to endgame.

Just to add that the Yotsuba ability being inno makes sense with flavour as @AL sama also said.

My problem with "it could be to make role bit more scummy" part is that in Mitch's case (or any miller case tbh), it's always passive. Nobody forces you to use scummy active. Apollo has it and used it.

Emil

Certified Memelord

the role makes more sense as cult with the immunities and added vote power ability

its not confirmed yet whether he can only recruit town or if he can recruit anyone, mafia included

Status
Not open for further replies.