I will talk about this here:

Let's be clear.

The way Oda treats his work or even his employee is not "cool" or should be treated as something "cool". I don't blame the guy too much (a good amount tho) as I understand that this is mostly a product of the Japanese way of thinking work, but this is an highly toxic way of viewing work.

Let's not promote that as something worthy of being praised.

This system must change. Not only for the mangaka, but also for the worker who are put under a very toxic and illegitimate amount of stress.

I will talk about this here:

Let's be clear.

The way Oda treats his work or even his employee is not "cool" or should be treated as something "cool". I don't blame the guy too much (a good amount tho) as I understand that this is mostly a product of the Japanese way of thinking work, but this is an highly toxic way of viewing work.

Let's not promote that as something worthy of being praised.

This system must change. Not only for the mangaka, but also for the worker who are put under a very toxic and illegitimate amount of stress.
We disagree on some issues, but this is the one I can agree with you.
I have been through something like this recently.
I was hired by the best university in my country.
I already told you I have published 8 research articles.
So, I was handling all of the work in advanced analytical lab (students from my department and other departments too).
But the assistant professor wanted me to work in the lab during the day and write research papers for him in the night time.
I was having difficulty in sleeping because I was living in a hostel, plus a new city.
Their whole senior staff was telling me it is normal. They said other workers did the same. I was in lab from 9 AM to 8 PM.
Then they wanted me to write research articles till 5 AM 😎
The audacity!

I talked to the Head of Department, but he also tried to justify this. And I resigned the next day!
Didnt even said good bye, packed my bag and came home!

So, this happens everywhere, not only in Japan. Main cause is probably, the lack of job opportunities. People are afraid to leave, so they work for such toxic people/institutes.

We disagree on some issues, but this is the one I can agree with you.
I have been through something like this recently.
I was hired by the best university in my country.
I already told you I have published 8 research articles.
So, I was handling all of the work in advanced analytical lab (students from my department and other departments too).
But the assistant professor wanted me to work in the lab during the day and write research papers for him in the night time.
I was having difficulty in sleeping because I was living in a hostel, plus a new city.
Their whole senior staff was telling me it is normal. They said other workers did the same. I was in lab from 9 AM to 8 PM.
Then they wanted me to write research articles till 5 AM 😎
The audacity!

I talked to the Head of Department, but he also tried to justify this. And I resigned the next day!
Didnt even said good bye, packed my bag and came home!

So, this happens everywhere, not only in Japan. Main cause is probably, the lack of job opportunities. People are afraid to leave, so they work for such toxic people/institutes.
This is pure capitalism sadly and with Japan its enhanced by the way of thinking (he old ways of the samourai) so its even worse. That's why even tho I blame a bit Oda for that.. he is just the product of a system that praises this types of behavior.

We must break the system for that to change.

This is pure capitalism sadly and with Japan its enhanced by the way of thinking (he old ways of the samourai) so its even worse. That's why even tho I blame a bit Oda for that.. he is just the product of a system that praises this types of behavior.

We must break the system for that to change.
I think it is not possible. The system is designed to produce such workers.
I had other means of earning, but others dont.
This is the reason why major production industries are in 3rd world countries. The recent Qatar human rights issue.
They know what they are doing, but wont stop it. How will they make profit if they start thinking about welfare of workers?