Who is gonna win this battle(of likes): Worst or Warchief Sanji D Goat?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
no mate. you are overhyping Teach tbh

Teach was the one who didn't want smoke with Shanks.
he said it out loud while Shanks dared him to fight more
Not fighting =/= being stronger.

BB didn't attack WB first, WB attacked him and he died. Shanks could try the same.

BB didn't listen Sengoku or other Ladmirals and Garp, and kept attacking. He listened Shanks and didn't attack. That proves Shanks > Ladmirals as same as MF Bb > Ladmirals.

But, if Shanks knew he could kill BB at Marineford, why not do that then end the battle?

Best type of chapter imo
Chronic powerscalers need to do some olympic level mental gymnastics to make sense of Oda's random bs while he's just out there randomly drawing what he likes lmao
I’ll wait for the actual chapter, but nostalgia baiting with the unnecessary inclusion of Kaku and lucci is one of my least favorite things. I don’t care about the power scaling of it, I just think it’s lame

Not fighting =/= being stronger.

BB didn't attack WB first, WB attacked him and he died. Shanks could try the same.

BB didn't listen Sengoku or other Ladmirals and Garp, and kept attacking. He listened Shanks and didn't attack. That proves Shanks > Ladmirals as same as MF Bb > Ladmirals.

But, if Shanks knew he could kill BB at Marineford, why not do that then end the battle?
mate at this point with having Elabf ... government itself is the only enemy that can match Shanks's might

The truth is it's impossible for an author to make a functional power system, because it's just a bunch of their opinions colliding. I've seen enough authors write BS fights to know that an author's power scaling is just their opinion. All they can do is try to be consistent enough to make it seem real/sensible.

Oda cares more about style and fun than the logistics or reasoning, because One Piece is written for teenage Japanese boys.

I'm the weirdo for being obsessed with power scaling fictional pirates, not Oda for caring more about making cool art than my head-canon.

You're right, I love chapters like this. Just smash our powerscaling to pieces, and give us hype.
At the end of the day, a power system is just a sidenote in the overall story
The themes and end goal are what's being written about. Sometimes yes, a fight happens, but the fight itself is a footnote in the story, not a main part of it.

Ofc, fighting manga like Baki for example are separate cases.

The cover of 105 tells me we will be getting that "massive incident" soon. Remember that Luffy's fleet will finally be involved (big reason why Luffy was named a Yonkou and Kid/Law were not).

It's going to be a battle Royale between Red Hair Pirates, Blackbeard Pirates, Cross Guild, and of course the Strawhats.

Zoro will be doing some heavy lifting.
Imagine being a Zoro fan and see him fight Laffitte, Limejuice, etc and claim that Zoro is a top tier. :suresure:
Thank Goda for Shiryu, Benn Beckman and Mihawk. :myman:

Status
Not open for further replies.