Future Events Shanks will lose to Kid, only the new era matter

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
What do you mean so? My whole point is they had all this and barely defeated BM together (with plot holes). Ain't no way either of them can defeat a Yonko alone. And I'm not even mentioning Shanks' crew.
Like Luffy "barely defeated Katakuri (with plot holes)" and then went for Kaido and... surprise, he won. Like Luffy "barely defeated Doffy (with plot holes" before and then went for Katakaru and... surprise, he won. Its classic Shounen-build up and growing, happens alot in one piece and every other arc. How is that surprising at all? Its not even as huge as "Katakuri -> Kaido". Its 2 vs 1 Yonko to 1 vs 1 Yonko. Its the straightest and most plausible growing at all. How is that not understandable?

I don't want it to be connected, the story is connecting it by what Shanks is doing and by what Luffy is doing. They might even meet before, but they will meet with directions already collected for sure.
No, the story doesnt do that. The story NEVER said Shanks needs to reach laugh tale, or needs to be close to the one piece. It never happened. And the story never said anything about Shanks needing some RPs. Where do you get this idea from?

Like Luffy "barely defeated Katakuri (with plot holes)" and then went for Kaido and... surprise, he won. Like Luffy "barely defeated Doffy (with plot holes" before and then went for Katakaru and... surprise, he won. Its classic Shounen-build up and growing, happens alot in one piece and every other arc. How is that surprising at all? Its not even as huge as "Katakuri -> Kaido". Its 2 vs 1 Yonko to 1 vs 1 Yonko. Its the straightest and most plausible growing at all. How is that not understandable?

No, the story doesnt do that. The story NEVER said Shanks needs to reach laugh tale, or needs to be close to the one piece. It never happened. And the story never said anything about Shanks needing some RPs. Where do you get this idea from?
Ok. Can you imagine Law beating Blackbeard? You can't, can you? That is how you'd see Kidd as well if you weren't wearing heart shaped glasses.

???? I never said there has to be a specific location they meet at, I said they'll collect poneglyphs.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Ok. Can you imagine Law beating Blackbeard? You can't, can you? That is how you'd see Kidd as well if you weren't wearing heart shaped glasses.

???? I never said there has to be a specific location they meet at
Oda does what Oda wants

Oda never hid the fact his characters can become strong or weak as long as the plot demands it

So you’re assuming Kids going to get huge power ups to win?

that scene is the reason why shanks wants to fight kid, thats the purpose. Kaido and big mom also said they would try to find the one piece and take over the world. Did they succeed? of course not, thats doesnt mean the scene has "no meaning" because it showed us that kaido and big mom had the intention of trying to get the one piece
That page always makes me laugh bcs it confirms shanks was scared of kaido and big mom:vistalaugh:

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
I agree. Oda will catapult Blackbeard and Shanks though.
Oda basically did BB and Shanks vs Kid and Law just so that those two can get their hands on Poneglyphs. Nothing more.

Tho that being said, I doubt BB will lose to Law or Shanks to Kid, but i bet both of em will be wounded or smth to enable Luffy easier fight against eithr of em

Oda basically did BB and Shanks vs Kid and Law just so that those two can get their hands on Poneglyphs. Nothing more.

Tho that being said, I doubt BB will lose to Law or Shanks to Kid, but i bet both of em will be wounded or smth to enable Luffy easier fight against eithr of em
@first part, yup, hence they won't get defeated and they'll get what they wanted.

Hahaha.

Let's just say I hope Law doesn't lose a limb :josad:

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Let's just say I hope Law doesn't lose a limb :josad:
I personally don't see a reason to do that. Oda just needed a plot device to give BB and Gildarts ponegylphs, i don't see how cutting limbs of to Law would benefit the story, not even in making BB a serious threat, we already know that

Tho Oda be Oda

I personally don't see a reason to do that. Oda just needed a plot device to give BB and Gildarts ponegylphs, i don't see how cutting limbs of to Law would benefit the story, not even in making BB a serious threat, we already know that

Tho Oda be Oda
Tbh I hope something bad happens, cause Blackbeard has been looking less than threatening lately.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Tbh I hope something bad happens, cause Blackbeard has been looking less than threatening lately.
I hope he doesn't get any stronger otherwise he will suffer same fate as Shigaraki from MHA where Vilain is too OP for the MC and the author will need to invoke some Kaguya level shit to even the field

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Why not just argue instead of claiming "heart shaped glasses". You disqualify my whole arguments by claiming i couldnt discuss anyway, since i am a fan of a character. You want some honest discussion with me? Than do that and dont come up with such claims. Really hate it to get talked from above like that, just because you dont put further arguments, just because you want to disqualify any argument. The arguments are the same, if i am a fan of a character or not. If you cant debunk them, they are good, easy as that.

About Law and Blackbeard, there is a huge difference: CoC.
Kaido claimed Kids CoC in Wano already, while it didnt appeared. You think it is coincidence that he will now meet the person which is only known for his haki mastering? Like... where else can he get exactly THIS power up? Its the perfect opportunity.

???? I never said there has to be a specific location they meet at, I said they'll collect poneglyphs.
But how does the story tell that (your claim)? Where does the story say "they'll collect poneglyphs from Kid"?
Just Shanks saying that last chapter has exactly the same weigh as Kid claiming to beat Shanks now.
Post automatically merged:

So you’re assuming Kids going to get huge power ups to win?
I assume him to learn and grow specificly in the terms of Haki, explicitly CoC, yes. Thats the main power up he will receive this arc.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
But how does the story tell that (your claim)? Where does the story say "they'll collect poneglyphs from Kid"?
Because Shanks said he will join the race for One Piece. He can't do that without Ponegylphs. And now he knows Kid comes from a place where at least info of one is

Why not just argue instead of claiming "heart shaped glasses". You disqualify my whole arguments by claiming i couldnt discuss anyway, since i am a fan of a character. You want some honest discussion with me? Than do that and dont come up with such claims. Really hate it to get talked from above like that, just because you dont put further arguments, just because you want to disqualify any argument. The arguments are the same, if i am a fan of a character or not. If you cant debunk them, they are good, easy as that.

About Law and Blackbeard, there is a huge difference: CoC.
Kaido claimed Kids CoC in Wano already, while it didnt appeared. You think it is coincidence that he will now meet the person which is only known for his haki mastering? Like... where else can he get exactly THIS power up? Its the perfect opportunity.

Just Shanks saying that last chapter has exactly the same weigh as Kid claiming to beat Shanks now.
It's cause you respond to all my arguments with: it's possible!!! Those are just your beliefs and so we have nothing further to discuss.

Shanks said they wanted his poneglyphs, do you really think the result of this meeting will be getting none? Then narratively they would have no reason to meet here.

Not following the manga right now but Kid won’t win, even his own fans have admitted that, no amount of empty hype from Fake News Morgans will change that, hype which will only materialize itself with Luffy anyway. Besides the rights to defeating Shanks belong to Blackbeard and that has been set in stone since Marineford. Shanks’ death could very well be at the hands of BB.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
It's cause you respond to all my arguments with: it's possible!!! Those are just your beliefs and so we have nothing further to discuss.
I explain, i give arguments, i answer directly to your questions, which you further simply ignore and just call me biased and not worthy to discuss. This claim, specialy against me who always tries to argue fair, is kinda insulting nat. If you dont want to discuss the topic, then dont, but dont come up with this.

Shanks said they wanted his poneglyphs, do you really think the result of this meeting will be getting none? Then narratively they would have no reason to meet here.
Kid said he wants to beat Shanks, do you really think the result of this meeting will be getting none?
Same narrative.

The reason they have to meet here, from the POV of "Kids Story", is simply: CoC. Mastering haki, getting the major power up in haki and get the revenge of the earlier meeting with Shanks crew.
A reason from the POV of "Shanks Story" could be Shanks seeing and accepting the new generation not only existing in form of Luffy. He could be for Kid what Katakuri was for Luffy. Shanks could brought away from the "Pirate King adventure" (which is still strange that suddenly he is interested in that, while he absolutely did nothing in that direction the last years) to the mentor position again, which he had from the beginning. And this doesnt need to be connected to strength at all. I also claim Luffy could beat Shanks already, right now.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
A reason from the POV of "Shanks Story" could be Shanks seeing and accepting the new generation not only existing in form of Luffy. He could be for Kid what Katakuri was for Luffy. Shanks could brought away from the "Pirate King adventure" (which is still strange that suddenly he is interested in that, while he absolutely did nothing in that direction the last years) to the mentor position again, which he had from the beginning. And this doesnt need to be connected to strength at all. I also claim Luffy could beat Shanks already, right now.
It is quite literally set in stone Shanks dies by BB hands with Luffy as a witness

Can you imagine how bad would it be if Shanks lost twice back to back?

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Fair enough then. I personally just can’t see oda sacrificing Shanks here.
Nobody is talking about sacrifing.
Shanks wont fall off the story, just because he lost the race for the PK title. He is still the same as 5 chapters before. His claiming for RPs comes out of the sudden, he never ever said something about that. It just came up this chapter. So, taking away that goal, he is basically in the same position as even 2 chapters before. Just maybe not an Yonko anymore, since the new gen took over.