Future Events Shanks will lose to Kid, only the new era matter

Whats odd is the same argument regarding Law being an ally and only having relevance to Luffy as an ally is just weirdly not being applied to Kid. Kid has not been portrayed in any other way but an ally to Luffy.

Law and Kid also have to lose at some point. Defeating their opponents here will just mean they lose to Luffy anyway, which is virtually pointless to see because:

A) Luffy defeated an enemy they couldnt defeat (Doflamingo/Kaido)
B) Neither have crews that remotely stack up against him.
C) Theres nothing truly secret or surprising about their fighting styles, unlike BB and Shanks, who have not been shown actually fighting to the brink. Oda showed us their moves and awakenings already. Conquerors really isnt going to change anything to alter the dynamic of a fight.
D) They will still be allies in the EoS anyway

Better for them to go out fighting 2 of Oda's most important characters over them losing to the "Luffy show" as people will end up calling it.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
It is quite literally set in stone Shanks dies by BB hands with Luffy as a witness

Can you imagine how bad would it be if Shanks lost twice back to back?
Who said that? Its just your conclusion, or the conclusion of many. But we all had alot of conclusions which didnt came true, like it would be Luffy beating Big Mum. Surprise, he didnt. Why exactly does Shanks have to fall through Blackbeards hands?

It would literally fit BBs characterization and his whole plot if he uses the defeat of Shanks to take him down finally. This is literally Blackbeards plot the whole story. Doing it again would coherent writing as it best.

Nobody is talking about sacrifing.
Shanks wont fall off the story, just because he lost the race for the PK title. He is still the same as 5 chapters before. His claiming for RPs comes out of the sudden, he never ever said something about that. It just came up this chapter. So, taking away that goal, he is basically in the same position as even 2 chapters before. Just maybe not an Yonko anymore, since the new gen took over.
???

This scene literally cannot exist without intent to get the RPs.

I explain, i give arguments, i answer directly to your questions, which you further simply ignore and just call me biased and not worthy to discuss. This claim, specialy against me who always tries to argue fair, is kinda insulting nat. If you dont want to discuss the topic, then dont, but dont come up with this.

Kid said he wants to beat Shanks, do you really think the result of this meeting will be getting none?
Same narrative.

The reason they have to meet here, from the POV of "Kids Story", is simply: CoC. Mastering haki, getting the major power up in haki and get the revenge of the earlier meeting with Shanks crew.
A reason from the POV of "Shanks Story" could be Shanks seeing and accepting the new generation not only existing in form of Luffy. He could be for Kid what Katakuri was for Luffy. Shanks could brought away from the "Pirate King adventure" (which is still strange that suddenly he is interested in that, while he absolutely did nothing in that direction the last years) to the mentor position again, which he had from the beginning. And this doesnt need to be connected to strength at all. I also claim Luffy could beat Shanks already, right now.
"This is shonen and 1 vs 1 is next after 2 vs 1" is not an argument though. Nothing good awaits Law and Kidd, especially since no time has passed since the 2 vs 1 for them to progress at all.

Luffy also said he wants to beat Big Mom and nothing came of it technically. One is Kidd's perspective, and the other is narrative reasoning, which in this case is the poneglyphs.

Scenario: Kidd beats Shanks, what is the result of this? Kidd gains nothing but more fame I guess, Shanks gains nothing. Then they would have met for no reason, that's not possible.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
???

This scene literally cannot exist without intent to get the RPs.

Then let it be 10 chapters before?
Its a plot which came up suddenly, without any mentioning before. Why didnt claimed Shanks any (!) of the RPs before? Why going against Big Mum to take it? Why not taking it from Kaido? But suddenly he wants it AND he doesnt take it in wano where Kid, Luffy and Law could be easy targets to get it? Fishy, very very fishy.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
"This is shonen and 1 vs 1 is next after 2 vs 1" is not an argument though. Nothing good awaits Law and Kidd, especially since no time has passed since the 2 vs 1 for them to progress at all.

Luffy also said he wants to beat Big Mom and nothing came of it technically. One is Kidd's perspective, and the other is narrative reasoning, which in this case is the poneglyphs.

Scenario: Kidd beats Shanks, what is the result of this? Kidd gains nothing but more fame I guess, Shanks gains nothing. Then they would have met for no reason, that's not possible.
Kidd becomes a new emperor
Kidd becomes a legitimate contender for the pirate king title
Kidd lives up to the statement as the “primary antagonist” of the Worst generation.

Then let it be 10 chapters before?
Its a plot which came up suddenly, without any mentioning before. Why didnt claimed Shanks any (!) of the RPs before? Why going against Big Mum to take it? Why not taking it from Kaido? But suddenly he wants it AND he doesnt take it in wano where Kid, Luffy and Law could be easy targets to get it? Fishy, very very fishy.
Idk Pantheos, what was Shanks looking at the moment before he decided to go after One Piece?:seriously:

It is quite literally set in stone Shanks dies by BB hands with Luffy as a witness

Can you imagine how bad would it be if Shanks lost twice back to back?
Nah, what is set in stone is them fighting. Luffy doesn’t have to be there as a witness tbh to necessitate the additional and much needed fire vs BB.

Nobody is talking about sacrifing.
Shanks wont fall off the story, just because he lost the race for the PK title. He is still the same as 5 chapters before. His claiming for RPs comes out of the sudden, he never ever said something about that. It just came up this chapter. So, taking away that goal, he is basically in the same position as even 2 chapters before. Just maybe not an Yonko anymore, since the new gen took over.
I mean he started talking about claiming the one piece post wano, hence why he’s now talking about the road poneglyphs.

That’s probably why he’s in Elbaf.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
How is that not an argument? One Piece is following basic Shounen rules, it initiated them pretty much. Like Luffy beat up Katakuri and went for Kaido in about... how much days? The same happens here with Kid and Law. It always happens in shounen. Doffy - Katakuri - Kaido... heck we can pull up every fight of luffy or any other person in the crew (beside timeskip) and always have just a few days inbetween.
So, how is that not argument?

The narrative reasoning about Shanks getting poneglyphs and going for the PK title doesnt exist. NOBODY has claimed it in 25 years, before shanks suddenly says it x chapters ago (dont want to count, but its not even 15 chapters ago). There is no narrative in which this has to take place, it doesnt even makes sense from beginn with. Remember the confusion when the chapter dropped? Nobody expects it and narrative wise, it still makes no sense. Or where was the narrative >15 chapters ago?

Kidd gets his major power up, CoC mastery.
Kidd gets Yonko title.
Kidd gets presented as strong warrior on elbaf, additionally for him getting the aknowledgement for taking Big Mum down, so he gets territory and allies ("Grand Fleet).
He most likely would get the full fetched Yonko title.

Shanks would be put in the perfect position for Blackbeard coming for his head, like BB did with Whitebeard.
Shanks would get his confidence in the new generation, like Whitebeard got with Ace/Luffy.
Shanks would get his place as mentor for the new generation, not only for Luffy.

Alot of reason for both of them here.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
People underestimate Kidd too much. This is the guy who face tanked much of Linlin’s attacks for Law. He held her off alone for fifteen Minutes. He was the lead character in that team up.

Shanks can’t simply beat Kidd. It’s why he’s assembling a giant force.