Future Events Shanks will lose to Kid, only the new era matter

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
I mean he started talking about claiming the one piece post wano, hence why he’s now talking about the road poneglyphs.

That’s probably why he’s in Elbaf.
If thats the goal, he could have taken them from Kid, Law or Luffy when he was in Wano. But for some reason he didnt. But know he wants from Kid?
Again, this narrative plops out of nothing a few chapters ago (after wano) and it smells fishy as hell. Since it was never mentioned, forshadowed or anything in the story before. It didnt fit in the shanks narrative so far.

C

Cruxroux

Just leaving it here.
Shanks doesn't come with Defense like bigmam and Kaido.
His railgun (Electromagnetic Gun) gonna pass through shanks giving us Ace 2.0 if Shanks decides not to dodge it and be arrogant like kaido with Luffy where he decides to tank it.

If thats the goal, he could have taken them from Kid, Law or Luffy when he was in Wano. But for some reason he didnt. But know he wants from Kid?
Again, this narrative plops out of nothing a few chapters ago (after wano) and it smells fishy as hell. Since it was never mentioned, forshadowed or anything in the story before. It didnt fit in the shanks narrative so far.
I think he probably wants to take it from them so BB doesn’t get them. That is the only thing that makes sense if Shanks is really concerned about BB like that.

Shanks likely didn’t want to run into luffy. He probably plans to save Luffy for last to give him as much time as Luffy will need to surpass him.

Shanks instead went to an island that was directly after wano, and we also know there’s Poneglyph research here.

He clearly is after the Poneglyphs but I wouldn’t be shocked if he didn’t want to gather them before he could ensure a way to translate them so as to not paint a target on his back.

I still think this fight will be Interrupted with a strong showing for Kid.

But I cannot see how his crew could beat the Fleet + giants of Shanks without a great outside help.

Yes he took a big part in beating big mom and even if he could beat Shanks in amm extreme diff 1vs1 - his crew cannot take on the rest on their own.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Shanks likely didn’t want to run into luffy. He probably plans to save Luffy for last to give him as much time as Luffy will need to surpass him.

Shanks instead went to an island that was directly after wano, and we also know there’s Poneglyph research here.

He clearly is after the Poneglyphs but I wouldn’t be shocked if he didn’t want to gather them before he could ensure a way to translate them so as to not paint a target on his back.
He could have taken them in wano, he could have taken one from WCI when Big Mum was not there (she went to Wano), he could even go for Pudding to translate the RP, he could have come earlier to Wano to get them..... but noooooo, out of sudden, he wants the PK title now, never ever talking about that before.

Dont know why he was there. If it was the RP, he simply could have taken it at that point.
Not my question.

He decided to go after One Piece the moment Luffy became a Yonko. There are no less than 5 reaction shots of Shanks doing literally waiting in anticipation for Luffy to make it to the top.

Here are your references:

- Chapter 1
- Chapter 96
- Chapter 580
- Chapter 903
- Chapter 1054

These things are not happening in isolation. Its a progress measurement to have Shanks react to Luffy's progress as a pirate. Now that he's a Yonko, he's made his move. Just last year, Oda teased this exact thing, and low and behold, it happened.

He could have taken them in wano, he could have taken one from WCI when Big Mum was not there (she went to Wano), he could even go for Pudding to translate the RP, he could have come earlier to Wano to get them..... but noooooo, out of sudden, he wants the PK title now, never ever talking about that before.
Yeah because he was waiting for the old guard to fall. And now that they’re gone he’s become the front runner and can take the throne at his leisure.

And meanwhile Blackbeard is taking it from Law.
Additionally, you really think Shanks things: "Ok, i save the RPs from others, so Luffy has the easy way to get pirate king!"?
Seems weird af.
No what I am saying is that Shanks doesn’t want Blackbeard to get the RPs easily and wants to buy time. In fact if he knows about BB vs Law, then makes that kind of rationale even more likely. Not even following the manga right now but it seems like Oda has already set Shanks vs BB in motion just from this alone.

The narrative reasoning about Shanks getting poneglyphs and going for the PK title doesnt exist. NOBODY has claimed it in 25 years, before shanks suddenly says it x chapters ago (dont want to count, but its not even 15 chapters ago). There is no narrative in which this has to take place, it doesnt even makes sense from beginn with. Remember the confusion when the chapter dropped? Nobody expects it and narrative wise, it still makes no sense. Or where was the narrative >15 chapters ago?
For fuck's sake, Pantheos. It's happening from the second Shanks said they're doing it. :jordamas:

Kidd gets his major power up, CoC mastery.
Kidd gets Yonko title.
Kidd gets presented as strong warrior on elbaf, additionally for him getting the aknowledgement for taking Big Mum down, so he gets territory and allies ("Grand Fleet).
He most likely would get the full fetched Yonko title.

Shanks would be put in the perfect position for Blackbeard coming for his head, like BB did with Whitebeard.
Shanks would get his confidence in the new generation, like Whitebeard got with Ace/Luffy.
Shanks would get his place as mentor for the new generation, not only for Luffy.

Alot of reason for both of them here.
Kidd has no purpose getting a Yonko title now. Luffy's whole story is about becoming better than Shanks, and sure as hell it won't be as Shanks is a) defeated and b) stripped of his title. Shanks will remain as a Yonko, one of the most powerful captains - either until his death or dethoned by Luffy and Luffy only.

Whitebeard wasn't pinned by BB, and honestly I wish he had more balls, but no.
Shanks already has the most confidence in the new generation.
Why would Shanks want to be Kidd's mentor? :chirstsad:

Yeah because he was waiting for the old guard to fall. And now that they’re gone he’s become the front runner and can take the throne at his leisure.
Shanks isn’t interested in the One Piece and never was, that was just Oda misdirecting his actual intentions of slowing down BB. Low key very obvious where this is headed.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Not my question.

He decided to go after One Piece the moment Luffy became a Yonko. There are no less than 5 reaction shots of Shanks doing literally waiting in anticipation for Luffy to make it to the top.

Here are your references:

- Chapter 1
- Chapter 96
- Chapter 580
- Chapter 903
- Chapter 1054

These things are not happening in isolation. Its a progress measurement to have Shanks react to Luffy's progress as a pirate. Now that he's a Yonko, he's made his move. Just last year, Oda teased this exact thing, and low and behold, it happened.
And why does the make this move when Luffy just became Yonko? When he is interested in the PK title, why does he have to wait for Luffy as competition? Makes no sense for me. He either wants Luffy and the new gen to fulfill his captains dreams, or he does want it himself. Neither fits in that narrative.

BB didn't take them in WCI either, he's gonna steal them from Law. Same as Shanks will steal them from Kid.