Future Events Shanks will lose to Kid, only the new era matter

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
For fuck's sake, Pantheos. It's happening from the second Shanks said they're doing it. :jordamas:
So you claim its "narrative" just because shanks says he wants it. But if any other character says he wants something, its not narrative at all? Come on...

Kidd has no purpose getting a Yonko title now. Luffy's whole story is about becoming better than Shanks, and sure as hell it won't be as Shanks is a) defeated and b) stripped of his title. Shanks will remain as a Yonko, one of the most powerful captains - either until his death or dethoned by Luffy and Luffy only.

Whitebeard wasn't pinned by BB, and honestly I wish he had more balls, but no.
Shanks already has the most confidence in the new generation.
Why would Shanks want to be Kidd's mentor? :chirstsad:
Kidds whole purpose is the PK title, the Yonko title is one step in that direction. Luffy took that step before him, and Blackbeard before. All with the same goal. Thats the simple purpose of it.

Luffys whole story is about being PK and the "most free man in the world". Thats Luffys goal. His goal is not to fight Shanks. If he has to on his way, he will do it, but if not, he is absolutely fine with it. So overcoming Shanks can be done by beating anyone who beat shanks at the end.

But yeah, shanks will remain as one of the most powerful captains. But there will be a few captains which overcome him, not only Luffy.

Whitebeard was killed and ripped of his DF by BB, when Whitebeard was already at the edge. Same can go here for Shanks. It just fits BBs narrative.
Shanks only has confidence in Luffy, which he kinda spits on by suddenly wanting the PK title for himself, but ok. But Shanks has to realize, it is not only Luffy in this world.
He doesnt want to, but Katakuri didnt wanted to be Luffys mentor either, but in terms of CoO, Katakuri was. And in terms of CoC, Shanks will be.
Post automatically merged:

More of not wanting to get in unnecessary fights. He takes after roger who basically did the same
Then he could try to steal them, like Roger, but he didnt. He just simply didnt went for them at all before.

So its just him being a coward?
:kobeha: It makes him look weak at first but then it is a wise move to preserve your strength. That’s why I see it more likely that Shanks is doing this just to slow down BB, which has been his actual motivation for a while now from what has been shown.

Not really. Shanks has been shown going to one person after another talking about how dangerous BB is, it is only natural to assume based on that his current actions could be in line with stopping BB. Instead of some throwaway panel in which he claims he was going after the One Piece after “betting on the new generation”.

And why does the make this move when Luffy just became Yonko? When he is interested in the PK title, why does he have to wait for Luffy as competition? Makes no sense for me. He either wants Luffy and the new gen to fulfill his captains dreams, or he does want it himself. Neither fits in that narrative.
You just answered the entire egnimatic point the character. Why does he seemingly try to help Luffy, yet intends to go after One Piece/RPs, after Luffy's fleet, and do questionable things like talking to the Gorosei?

Your "contradictory" issues with the character are purposeful by the author. Its the whole reason why the ending of Chapter 907 exists, to make the reader question his motives. These things cannot be addressed if he loses at Elbaf. Losing to Kid now completely ruins the mystery of what hes even trying to do with Luffy and One Piece, because he cannot even be present at the top to show his intent.

And sure sure, the next thing youll say is "well, he can still do that even if he loses". Well he cant, because nearly all of Shanks' relevance outside has to do with Luffy surpassing him. Kid being the marker of this when he was not even Luffy's equal last arc makes little sense.

Im sorry, but this is just the wrong take.

Not really. Shanks has been shown going to one person after another talking about how dangerous BB is
Wrong. 1 person only, being Whitebeard. It is not known, at all, who Shanks was talking about with the Gorosei. In fact, its naiive to think he was talking about him there, because that is what the reader is most likely going to gravitate towards.

Its a narrative trick to decieve the reader by not revealing what is perceived to be obvious information. No reason to think it was about Blackbeard.

So you claim its "narrative" just because shanks says he wants it. But if any other character says he wants something, its not narrative at all? Come on...

Kidds whole purpose is the PK title, the Yonko title is one step in that direction. Luffy took that step before him, and Blackbeard before. All with the same goal. Thats the simple purpose of it.

Luffys whole story is about being PK and the "most free man in the world". Thats Luffys goal. His goal is not to fight Shanks. If he has to on his way, he will do it, but if not, he is absolutely fine with it. So overcoming Shanks can be done by beating anyone who beat shanks at the end.

But yeah, shanks will remain as one of the most powerful captains. But there will be a few captains which overcome him, not only Luffy.

Whitebeard was killed and ripped of his DF by BB, when Whitebeard was already at the edge. Same can go here for Shanks. It just fits BBs narrative.
Shanks only has confidence in Luffy, which he kinda spits on by suddenly wanting the PK title for himself, but ok. But Shanks has to realize, it is not only Luffy in this world.
He doesnt want to, but Katakuri didnt wanted to be Luffys mentor either, but in terms of CoO, Katakuri was. And in terms of CoC, Shanks will be.

Then he could try to steal them, like Roger, but he didnt. He just simply didnt went for them at all before.
Because he knew the times were changing so rather than fight big mom and Kaido. Just wait and be patient

Shanks and BB have remained on the story this far and with great importance for a good reason.

Literally director of Red film came out and said that they had to make up some shit for Shanks’ fighting style so that they would not spoil anything in the manga.:nicagesmile:

Shanks is part of the Royal family and represents the promise Luffy made to bring his SH back when he becomes a Great Pirate.

Look I love New Gen but OP is smoking some bad shit if you think Shanks is actually losing here. The best we can hope for is high diff from Kidd, which would already be a major W considering the vast difference in popularity and opinion between the two.

:jordamas:

Narrative is Shanks saying they’ll claim the one piece and THEN moving in that direction by trying to get the poneglyph copy. Kidd decided to fight back as a reaction to the result of the RHP narrative. They’re at odds because Kidd has the copies, not because Kidd chased Shanks around or something of his own will.

Luffy will meet Shanks when he becomes a better pirate than Shanks, that is their promise. They don’t have to fight - I did not say they have to, but there’s no purpose of there being infinite other pirates (like Kidd) who will be better than Shanks. Then Luffy won’t be special.

Anyways it’s pointless to talk, enjoy your hopes at least.

@Pantheos What if Captain Widd received reinforcements from BBP?

Multiple BBP battleships led by Shiryu and Kuzan appear at the horizon as Shanks and the giants are about to finish Kid off.
Frankly that would be just worse than him just losing properly. Allying with Blackbeard or being saved by another pirate (which Ive see several people on the other side argue for) goes entirely against Kid's MO.

Just let him lose like a champ and then be Luffy's ally in the endgame with Law. All of the Supernova at this point probably will be.

Wrong. 1 person only, being Whitebeard. It is not known, at all, who Shanks was talking about with the Gorosei. In fact, its naiive to think he was talking about him there, because that is what the reader is most likely going to gravitate towards.

Its a narrative trick to decieve the reader by not revealing what is perceived to be obvious information. No reason to think it was about Blackbeard
Fair enough, you right. I think it is more likely Shanks isn’t going after the OP for the same reason he likely was not talking about BB to the Gorosei. It’s whatever tho, I don’t even follow this series any more nor do I remember that much of it as time passes.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
:jordamas:

Narrative is Shanks saying they’ll claim the one piece and THEN moving in that direction by trying to get the poneglyph copy. Kidd decided to fight back as a reaction to the result of the RHP narrative. They’re at odds because Kidd has the copies, not because Kidd chased Shanks around or something of his own will.

Luffy will meet Shanks when he becomes a better pirate than Shanks, that is their promise. They don’t have to fight - I did not say they have to, but there’s no purpose of there being infinite other pirates (like Kidd) who will be better than Shanks. Then Luffy won’t be special.

Anyways it’s pointless to talk, enjoy your hopes at least.
Honestly, your „it’s pointless to talk“ and „heart shaped eyes“, implying my arguments are invalid by default and you don’t even have to argue, including ignoring most of my answers, is kinda insulting.
just say if you don’t want to discuss and only state your POV, but don’t come at me like that.

Cause Law and Kidd are portrayed as equals in every sense, and BB and Shanks have more relevance to the story
Nope
Law and Kid being equal doesn't mean much here coz Kid can grow much stronger with adcoc
And most importantly, they're not fighting the same opponents
Kid is fighting Old gen pirate unlike Law!
Teach is a future major villain and NewGen pirate.

Once again you guys have no narrative except "Shanks must win coz he's yonko, he has to fight bb , he's Luffy idol"

Teach doesn't have to fight Shanks,
Shanks being Yonko is actually why he should fall since he's from old Era/Gen

B

Borasey79

Nope
Law and Kid being equal doesn't mean much here coz Kid can grow much stronger with adcoc

Once again you guys have no narrative except "Shanks must win coz he's yonko, he has to fight bb , he's Luffy idol"

Teach doesn't have to fight Shanks,
Shanks being Yonko is actually why he should fall since he's from old Era/Gen
Hard to believe you can act so much against your own nick.

Honestly, your „it’s pointless to talk“ and „heart shaped eyes“, implying my arguments are invalid by default and you don’t even have to argue, including ignoring most of my answers, is kinda insulting.
just say if you don’t want to discuss and only state your POV, but don’t come at me like that.
No, you just made up your mind and nothing will change it until we see what happens. We're going in circles, so might as well just wait for 20 chapters and find out.

Nope

Shanks and teach are the same generation.

Sir Tuna Sandwich II

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
I can't wait for the fight to be off-screened and for you to keep with your delusions for months/years only to be disappointed!:akaman: