All-Purpose Pokémon Thread

Why Is Lumiose City Undergoing Redevelopment?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 83

Marian answered it above, and I’m sure you know Japan and China don’t have a great relationship - Game Freak didn’t even start releasing localized Chinese games until Gen 7, so there have been virtually no references from that part of the world until recently :emohiyo:
I honestly rather they stay out of trouble, the Quartet of ruin were based off of China and a number of Chinese fans were mad that Pokémon “depict their culture as evil”
I love them tho

I honestly rather they stay out of trouble, the Quartet of ruin were based off of China and a number of Chinese fans were mad that Pokémon “depict their culture as evil”
I love them tho
Yeah somehow it was on the tip of my tongue and I forgot.

I'm still baffled that they gave them whole ass Chinese names and that this is my son's first exposure to Chinese culture.

a lot better than the Swords of Justice or whatever. Even the new Verizion isn't that interesting.

D

Deleted member 83

Yeah somehow it was on the tip of my tongue and I forgot.

I'm still baffled that they gave them whole ass Chinese names and that this is my son's first exposure to Chinese culture.

a lot better than the Swords of Justice or whatever. Even the new Verizion isn't that interesting.
Some of the future paradoxes look really good, but I’m kinda disappointed that they’re all just blah blah but metal, which is a fine concept
Ancient paradoxes on paper are all this Pokémon but dinosaur, but they each look different enough, something that is missing from future paradoxes

I picked Violet but yeah they feel empty despite some neat quirks and the obviously great stats/typings. Like, I used to love Hariyama and I'm just not even interested in heavy hands being on one of my teams

Koraidon, Tusk, and Suicune are my favorites even if getting rid of Scald and Pressure means it could never replace the original.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I love them tho
Same, it just feels like a lot of smoke in that direction for there to be no fire. Sounds like the DLC technically take place in a different region called Kitakami, maybe this is a soft launch for the idea (I know the name is Japanese, but still) :luuh:
Post automatically merged:

https://pastebin.com/RpkRJQ54
Most (possibly all) of the Pokémon returning in the DLC, I see a lot of names I wanna shiny hunt :lumazed:

Last edited:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Are they really bringing back virtually everything? Not familiar with paste bin
Scarlet/Violet have 400 Pokémon natively and this would add around ~230 more, which still puts us roughly 370 down from the total count. Gen 1 is obviously getting the most love, but the Rattata and Zubat lines are still missing among others, we’re not getting a full National Dex in any game without the annoying staples like them.

Scarlet/Violet have 400 Pokémon natively and this would add around ~230 more, which still puts us roughly 370 down from the total count. Gen 1 is obviously getting the most love, but the Rattata and Zubat lines are still missing among others, we’re not getting a full National Dex in any game without the annoying staples like them.
Oh yeah, when I say "virtually everything" I mean there are less than 100 Pokemon missing that I actually care about so pretty much. Although it's going to be a very weird thing without Clangorous Soulblaze, Mega for Venusaur, moves like Hone Claws just randomly missing from learnsets, etc.

And I suppose the Sword/Shield and Arceus ones I missed will be available through Home