Volume 105 - Discussion Thread (March 3rd, 2023)

redon is wrong here, Oda is saying he got a lot of questions on Zoro’s lineage and since it probably won’t be touch upon in the manga again he’ll go ahead and reveal the whole thing
Oh,thanks.

Back to 0 I guess as to why he did the complete turn,because it doesn't really add up with Greg's tweets from 1,5 year ago.

Nah, clearly Oda came up with this on the spot whilst blowing mud because it is nowhere near what was hinted at from Greg , who already had a "draft" of the family tree .

Oda just couldn't bother with fNs after butchering everything that had to do with the shimotsuki plotline.

This is worse, Oda casually accepted a fan‘s headcanon about Zoro’s origin, doesn’t give two craps about it

Couldn't care less about it tbh. My major problem is his half ass way of executing this.

Either go full in the timeline or not at all. Oda clearly was going actually somewhere with the shimotsukis ever since Yasuie but dropped all of them . Even Zoro visiting the grave. He makes so many clusterfuck chapters/pages,was it that hard for him to draw one panel in the grave just for the sake of it in the final chapters of Wano?

I hope zodiac VAs are around low YC tier at least, it should be the case if we get straw hats vs marine
Seraphims seem too strong for straw hats outside M3, but "normal" vice admirals like Maynard arent even vet tier lol
I think it depends who they fight, if SH mid trio or so then probably yeah, if Grand Fleet captains then maybe a level lower than that.

Or Grand Fleet fights the other vice admirals, straw hats vs zodiac admirals + vice admirals.

I was expecting Zoros part it was obvious. I wish it was in the manga rather than the Sbs but i guess Oda doesnt have much time for the story and needs to cut things. He also cut Tama's Kurozumi heritage and Kid's backstory. I just hope that we see how Zoro learns his lineage with Ryuma in the manga.

Taking a break from One Piece right now, but man it's kinda sad that Wano ended the way it did. This SBS makes me realize that Oda had a lot of cool stuff planned that, for whatever reason, he just couldn't include. Tama being confirmed to be a Kurozumi especially seems like such an interesting subplot, but it's sad that he couldn't do more with it

Wano had so many great ideas man. Shame they couldn't get fleshed out more