Chainsaw Man - Chapter 122 - The Prophecies

Rate this chapter!

• Total voters
everything points at it being the death devil but not being revealed could be misleading

there can never be a devil stronger than death it just doesn't make sense so with it being revealed now it makes me think it might not be death

the only devil that i can see making sense other than the death devil is Pain/hurt devil(?)

every organism has the instincts to avoid and escape death at all cost but most of it comes as byproduct of trying to avoid/escape pain and being hurt

idk does that make sense?

everything points at it being the death devil but not being revealed could be misleading

there can never be a devil stronger than death it just doesn't make sense so with it being revealed now it makes me think it might not be death

the only devil that i can see making sense other than the death devil is Pain/hurt devil(?)

every organism has the instincts to avoid and escape death at all cost but most of it comes as byproduct of trying to avoid/escape pain and being hurt

good theory

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Another interesting part of the prophecy that I posted earlier, I'll post it again

is that it speaks of Mars and how it will reign. As we know, Mars is the God of War. Who else to represent War than the War Devil lol? This might hint at Yoru gaining the Nuclear Weapons back and starting wars never before seen.

What role will Denji play in all of this? Not sure lmao.

In some cultures, people didn't fear death itself, but had a fear of dishonorable death. Also there are a lot of "living hell" situation, where death can be seen as salvation.

So I'd say there might be things people fear more than death, e.g. between torture devil who will give you a lot of pain before you die and death devil, who will give you a swift death, the latter is less scary. I still feel it would be a little underwhelming if the death ends up being the least powerful among ultimate fears, but in a way, it makes sense.

I think Hell is a more recent concept in humanitys history.Did any caveman draw hell?I'm not sure,but i think they were more afraid of the dark,predators,diseases,natural disasters and other dangers nature can throw.
Zoroastrianism is one of the oldest organized religions on earth that far predates Christianity and even that has a concept of Hell.

I can't prove it, of course, but I have a hard time believing the fear of an eternally merciless afterlife is something that primordial humans didn't have.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah it can be confusing so I hope we get it clarified soon.

I posited above that the Death Devil might in fact be the horsemen's mother, which would make sense, as the Death Devil should be more powerful.

How Fujimoto decides what Primal Devils are I have no idea lol. When googling primal fears these are the results that show up the most often

No idea how accurate this is tho.

With some stretching you could argue Darkness falls under extinction maybe. Or mutilation seeing as people were losing limbs when fighting it. Death would be in Extinction in that case. Idk lol. Hopefully we get this cleared up soon.
Interesting picture. I also can't wait to hear more about Primordial Devils.

I can't picture a primordial more powerful than death.
Not even The Apocalypse Devil? I imagine the end of the world is something that has always stayed and will always stay with human beings.

Also, maybe Singularity Devil? Like, a Devil that can give its targets the Johnny Got a Gun experience but for eternity? I suppose that prospect is enough to horrify anybody.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ego_death
i wonder what powers an ego death devil would have
Something beyond mind control?

Fear of the void maybe.Like getting erased from creation,but i don't think many people conceptualize this.Maybe just atheists.
Actually, if the Void Devil exists it might be Pochita/Denji/Chainsaw Man. After all, everything they ate got erased from existence.

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Seen some people talk about this devil being like the Heights devil or Life devil or some version of it. I could see some type of life devil ngl, especially with the way it looks lol.

Zoroastrianism is one of the oldest organized religions on earth that far predates Christianity and even that has a concept of Hell.

I can't prove it, of course, but I have a hard time believing the fear of an eternally merciless afterlife is something that primordial humans didn't have.

Interesting picture. I also can't wait to hear more about Primordial Devils.

Not even The Apocalypse Devil? I imagine the end of the world is something that has always stayed and will always stay with human beings.

Also, maybe Singularity Devil? Like, a Devil that can give its targets the Johnny Got a Gun experience but for eternity? I suppose that prospect is enough to horrify anybody.

Something beyond mind control?

Actually, if the Void Devil exists it might be Pochita/Denji/Chainsaw Man. After all, everything they ate got erased from existence.
I meant like primitive man(cave man) from tens of thousands of years past.

Seen some people talk about this devil being like the Heights devil or Life devil or some version of it. I could see some type of life devil ngl, especially with the way it looks lol.
It forced people to commit suicide,it has something to with mind control or death itself.

I'm also thinking that there might be an actual "Devil"? Humanity worldwide is nonstop exposed to mass slaughter by devils, devils are omnipresent and info on devils can't be suppressed like for guns. So humanity's fear of devils in general could give rise to a "Devil" devil, no?
Makes sense.

Last edited:
In some cultures, people didn't fear death itself, but had a fear of dishonorable death. Also there are a lot of "living hell" situation, where death can be seen as salvation.

So I'd say there might be things people fear more than death, e.g. between torture devil who will give you a lot of pain before you die and death devil, who will give you a swift death, the latter is less scary. I still feel it would be a little underwhelming if the death ends up being the least powerful among ultimate fears, but in a way, it makes sense.
Torture devil was already revealed tho (Kishibe's contract), and it's not a primal fear.

Neither was violence nor hell, which are kinda concepts of human society. So I think the primals need to be something more instinctive, independent of cultural constructs, e.g. Darkness, Pain, Death.

In that sense, I could kinda see this actually being the Heights Devil, which would be a kinda lol move, but also a cool idea.

(That was also make Spider a primal tho which she wasn't, lol)

Torture devil was already revealed tho (Kishibe's contract), and it's not a primal fear.

Neither was violence nor hell, which are kinda concepts of human society. So I think the primals need to be something more instinctive, independent of cultural constructs, e.g. Darkness, Pain, Death.

In that sense, I could kinda see this actually being the Heights Devil, which would be a kinda lol move, but also a cool idea.

(That was also make Spider a primal tho which she wasn't, lol)
Forgot about the torture devil, sry. But pain devil could be scarier than death indeed.

I wonder how many primal fears are out there, shouldn't be that many.

Forgot about the torture devil, sry. But pain devil could be scarier than death indeed.

I wonder how many primal fears are out there, shouldn't be that many.
we saw an angel devil,so waht about a god devil?

i didn't deny their belief in life after death,i talked about the concept of hell.

Last edited:
God devil sounds dope, but not sure it's a primal fear. I was wondering whether there's a fear of fear, stupid as it sounds, but not entirely irrational in the world where fears tend to materialise into batshit crazy devils.
well,panic attacks can be induced by fearing the symptons of anxiety,this creates more anxiety that feeds this cycle and eventually you have a panic attack.So,yeah,some people fear fear itself.
edit:not stupid at all,i thought about that yersterday,but didn't post about for some reason.

Last edited:
well,panic attacks can be induced by fearing the symptons of anxiety,this creates more anxiety that feeds this cycle and eventually you have a panic attack.So,yeah,some people fear fear itself.
edit:not stupid at all,i thought about that yersterday,but didn't pot about for some reason.

yeah, I've been thinking of it since yesterday as well. anxiety is real and probably has one of the highest death tolls in our world (as anxiety causes a lot of stress, and constantly living in stress wears out the body way faster).