Questions & Mysteries Which character will be the first one to destroy Lunarian defense?

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Why was he scared when he is "invincible" in flame mode?
He was scared of losing since the secret was out.

That statement was made after he called out for blocking in flame mode
Again, Geo read the chapter.
King said "I sense the threat you represent" at the start of the chapter, before his flashback even.

Which does not dispute what I said. The fact that he ended up hitting flame off is irrelevant to the fact that he did not care about whether there was flames or not
Or simply, he noticed that King was in Flame Off and decided to attack?
Post automatically merged:

Yeah until stated otherwise seraphims/King can only be harmed when the flame on their back gets turned off.
Yep.
This has gone far beyond King wank or downplay because at the end of the day, King will remain a Commander regardless.

Meanwhile Seraphim are more important to the whole narrative/future plot. God forbid, Imu turns out to be a Lunarian lmfao.

But what does that have to do with him being invincible in flame mode?
It he was blocking in flame off mode then you would be right.
However, here, he wad blocking in flame on mode which you say is invincible.

Again, Geo read the chapter.
King said "I sense the threat you represent" at the start of the chapter, before his flashback even.
I am quite sure he made that statement right after he healed from bird dance and before he used the second flame dragon.

Or simply, he noticed that King was in Flame Off and decided to attack?
King was off the island at that time so he would not notice and get was covered by the flame dragon

There will be a reason as to why Lunarians can't keep the flames on at all times and then the broken ability won't seem so broken no more.
Well yeah there probably is a reason for that otherwise Oda would write King as an extremely stupid character.

There must be some gist why or when their flames gets turned on and off, they have no reason to become a lot faster to lose their indestructible durability.

Well yeah there probably is a reason for that otherwise Oda would write King as an extremely stupid character.

There must be some gist why or when their flames gets turned on and off, they have no reason to become a lot faster to lose their indestructible durability.
That he came down from the sky against Zoro was pis anyways. He had Zoro cornered

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Bro, no offense, but that's genuinely dumb. Why would he be scared of losing when he knows he can't be hurt when he has flames on? It has no correlation with Zoro learning his secret because he should only be scared of Zoro when his flames are off.

Besides, it makes no sense for Zoro to say, "I thought my attacks did nothing to you," when they both know King can be hurt when his flames are off. This reason is completely irrational.

He was scared of losing since the secret was out
Either that or if a wound gets opened that can be used to harm a lunarian, similar principle as Sasaki, we saw King was bleeding from his chest after Zoro cut him, but he blocked Zoro's haki sword just fine with his kick as if he was protecting his wounded area.

Or it could be as you said, we need more information. What we know for certain every single time even after Zoro defeated him he thinks Seraphims can't be injured unless their flame is turned off. Otherwise he would have worded it differently, but even after he got CoC coating he still thinks they can only be injured that way. I have no reason to believe CoC coating works when nowhere it's stated that it does, every example says otherwise.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
But what does that have to do with him being invincible in flame mode?
It he was blocking in flame off mode then you would be right.
However, here, he wad blocking in flame on mode which you say is invincible.
It doesn't.
Because King was blocking/dodging/engaging in Cqc even in flame mode before CoC.
The point is CoC changed virtually nothing in that fight regarding how to get through King, it only helped Zoro to take him down before Enma would kill him.

I am quite sure he made that statement right after he healed from bird dance and before he used the second flame dragon.
I'm on PC now so here are the scans.

After this, Bird Dance happens.
This sentence has to do with CoC, yes.
It has nothing to do with Lunarian ability.

King was off the island at that time so he would not notice and get was covered by the flame dragon
Why not?
King wasn't in flame mode the entire page.

Bro, no offense, but that's genuinely dumb. Why would he be scared of losing when he knows he can't be hurt when he has flames on? It has no correlation with Zoro learning his secret because he should only be scared of Zoro when his flames are off.

Besides, it makes no sense for Zoro to say, "I thought my attacks did nothing to you," when they both know King can be hurt when his flames are off. This reason is completely irrational.
The point is Zoro now figured out how to get through to King, which is by attacking when the flames drop.
"I thought my attacks did nothing to you" But now they do, hence why that statement and taunt, which comes right after King says "You've figured out the rules of my body."

King was afraid because he felt he was about to lose, not because Zoro can get through Flame Mode.
We know from Zoro's own words that it's Invincible.

It doesn't.
Because King was blocking/dodging/engaging in Cqc even in flame mode before CoC.
The point is CoC changed virtually nothing in that fight regarding how to get through King, it only helped Zoro to take him down before Enma would kill him.
Actually he was only clashing. The only time he blocked before COC was when he covered himself with his wings against tatsumaki.
COC increased Zoro's AP especially when he was releasing COA in addition unrestricted

I'm on PC now so here are the scans.

After this, Bird Dance happens.
This sentence has to do with CoC, yes.
It has nothing to do with Lunarian ability
I checked again, yes you are right about the sequence.

Interestingly though, the statement where Zoro says "it is no use attacking flame on" is actually before Zoro called out King for blocking in flame on. This provides further support.

So;
- Zoro notices that King without flames has lower defense
- Zoro says that it is no use attacking flame on King
- Zoro then questions why King is blocking even though he is in flame on mode
-Zoro goes into the final strike not worrying about flame on or flame off

Why not?
King wasn't in flame mode the entire page.
undefined
Exactly, he wasn't in flame before he launched the attack so how did Zoro know that the flame will not come back on when King used a flaming dragon?

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Actually he was only clashing. The only time he blocked before COC was when he covered himself with his wings against tatsumaki.
COC increased Zoro's AP especially when he was releasing COA in addition unrestricted
Tatsumaki is one.
Here are the rest:

Here's him dodging 360 Pd Hawk with Flames on.

Even during the very exchange you guys talk about, here's him using his own leg to parry with Zoro's swords in flames on, when he was apparently scared of CoC.

Interestingly though, the statement where Zoro says "it is no use attacking flame on" is actually before Zoro called out King for blocking in flame on. This provides further support.
If that was something relevant, then Zoro wouldn't have asked Luffy to attack when Flames are Off.
Zoro's view about hurting Lunarians are exactly the same from this moment.

To this moment.

It literally hasn't changed, regardless of what you guys think. That's a far more stronger indicator of what Oda thinks about this ability.

"Our attacks ONLY work when that flame is out. But when they're on Fire, they're almost Invincible."

Exactly, he wasn't in flame before he launched the attack so how did Zoro know that the flame will not come back on when King used a flaming dragon?
When he was launching the attack, he was Off Flames.
Hence Zoro attacked.
Imho, you're looking too much into something that's so simple.

Here are the rest:

Here's him dodging 360 Pd Hawk with Flames on.
Even during the very exchange you guys talk about, here's him using his own leg to parry with Zoro's swords in flames on, when he was apparently scared of CoC.
undefined
First one is just a clash of swords

Second one is a dodge because he was shooting lasers

Yes he is blocking with his leg which doesn't change the fact of active blocking.

If that was something relevant, then Zoro wouldn't have asked Luffy to attack when Flames are Off.
Zoro's view about hurting Lunarians are exactly the same from this moment.

To this moment.

It literally hasn't changed, regardless of what you guys think. That's a far more stronger indicator of what Oda thinks about this ability.

"Our attacks ONLY work when that flame is out. But when they're on Fire, they're almost Invincible.
This has been addressed, it is because it is the most effective way.
From that first panel, Zoro then goes on to question King actively blocking. But here you are ignoring that panel.

I changed from "no point in attacking" to "are you afraid of what I can do" to "almost invincible"

The former sentence in the bold does not invalidate the latter of "almost invincible". Without the qualifier, like I've said, I would agree. But once there is a qualifier, it cannot just be ignored.

When he was launching the attack, he was Off Flames.
Hence Zoro attacked.
Imho, you're looking too much into something that's so simple.
Actually Zoro was going for the attack even before King launched his. He was already running off the island.

Well either way, we will see in upcoming chapters or when the official translation is out

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
First one is just a clash of swords

Second one is a dodge because he was shooting lasers

Yes he is blocking with his leg which doesn't change the fact of active blocking.
- Clash of swords ergo King blocks, parriers, deflects etc,.
- What does shooting lasers have to do with dodging? Queen hasn't dodged a single attack in the entire manga and his entire schtick is shooting lasers.
- Blocking with his leg when Zoro can slice Flame Mode with CoC?

This has been addressed, it is because it is the most effective way.
My brother in Christ, there is no "effective" or "ineffective" way.
Zoro verbatim says, our attacks ONLY work when their flames are down.

Even if you guys can wiggle around "almost Invincible" statement, there is no working around that.

Clash of swords ergo King blocks, parriers, deflects etc,.
- What does shooting lasers have to do with dodging? Queen hasn't dodged a single attack in the entire manga and his entire schtick is shooting lasers.
- Blocking with his leg when Zoro can slice Flame Mode with CoC?
Clashing swords does not always mean blocking. Both characters attacking at the same time.
He dodged in order to shoot at Zoro. Queen is not King though.
Yes blocking with his leg was called out as actively blocking.

My brother in Christ, there is no "effective" or "ineffective" way.
Zoro verbatim says, our attacks ONLY work when their flames are down.

Even if you guys can wiggle around "almost Invincible" statement, there is no working around that.
Both statements can exist at the same time. Zoro's statement about their attacks refer to the attacks they have been using

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Clashing swords does not always mean blocking. Both characters attacking at the same time.
Ergo King has blocked, same as Zoro.
And he basically isn't a wall just straight up walking through attacks 24x7 unless they are CoC laced.

He dodged in order to shoot at Zoro. Queen is not King though.
I never said Queen is King, my point is you don't need to dodge in order to shoot.

Yes blocking with his leg was called out as actively blocking.
And how does that make sense?
If CoC works on flame on, King would lose his limb doing that.
So why did he?

Both statements can exist at the same time. Zoro's statement about their attacks refer to the attacks they have been using
Zoro doesn't specify anything.
He simply says Our Attacks only work when they're flames drop.
This is like next level nitpicking bro :milaugh:

Ergo King has blocked, same as Zoro.
And he basically isn't a wall just straight up walking through attacks 24x7 unless they are CoC laced
By Zoro's statement, that is what King was doing. Again you are conflating clashing of swords to blocking.

never said Queen is King, my point is you don't need to dodge in order to shoot.
In King's case he had to because otherwise, he would get hit and deviate

And how does that make sense?
If CoC works on flame on, King would lose his limb doing that.
So why did he?
He wouldn't though be a King's act of blocking was out of feat as Zoro pointed out. The attacks Zoro was using there was very casual.
Characters can block attacks with their body to mitigate damage with hands or legs. Doffy vs Sanji is a clear example

Zoro doesn't specify anything.
He simply says Our Attacks only work when they're flames drop.
This is like next level nitpicking bro
New translation says effective lol

TCB translation say zoro say king is invincible with flame mode on it.
‘Now to wait for viz translation

That is from TCB.
Practically invincible is the same as almost invincible so that did not change

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
New translation says effective lol
"Our attacks are only effective when they're flames drop"
Still doesn't change the meaning bro.

In King's case he had to because otherwise, he would get hit and deviate
Why?
Shouldn't he ignore that attack since he won't get damaged?

He wouldn't though be a King's act of blocking was out of feat as Zoro pointed out. The attacks Zoro was using there was very casual.
Characters can block attacks with their body to mitigate damage with hands or legs. Doffy vs Sanji is a clear example
If King was really scared of CoC like you say, he wouldn't be putting his body on the line at all.
Doffy didn't have a sword and Sanji was too weak, like Doffy neg diff'd him as a side quest.