Questions & Mysteries Which character will be the first one to destroy Lunarian defense?

Do you need to see something happening in order to conclude that such a thing can happen?
100%. Zoro's statement in this chapter puts any assumptions that were made in the King fight into doubt.
In the case that he can actually the overcome the Lunarian defense in flame-mode with his AP, this fight with S-Hawk is the perfect opportunity to show it.

100%. Zoro's statement in this chapter puts any assumptions that were made in the King fight into doubt.
In the case that he can actually the overcome the Lunarian defense in flame-mode with his AP, this fight with S-Hawk is the perfect opportunity to show it.
What about Zoro's statement puts assumptions to doubt?
Saying "almost Invincible" does support the notion of what happened in Zoro vs King
Post automatically merged:

How can anyone destroy something that's Invincible? No one can.
Why you keep omitting "almost" qualifier though

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Why you keep omitting "almost" qualifier though
Because the way i see it, its like the "skills not strength" nitpicking.
Neither did Zoro harm Flame On on panel, nor did he ask Luffy to use his CoC/highend moves etc,. He simply asked to attack Flame Off.

The point is Oda isnt sitting there with an Attack Tier list and measuring which attack can hurt Flame On and which one cannot. Its far easier for me to believe that Flame On is simply indestructible while Flame Off can be exploited.

Because the way i see it, its like the "skills not strength" nitpicking.
Neither did Zoro harm Flame On on panel, nor did he ask Luffy to use his CoC/highend moves etc,. He simply asked to attack Flame Off.

The point is Oda isnt sitting there with an Attack Tier list and measuring which attack can hurt Flame On and which one cannot. Its far easier for me to believe that Flame On is simply indestructible while Flame Off can be exploited.
I don't see how the two are even comparable especially when there is a clear difference between "he is invincible" and " he is almost invincible"
For Zoro not harming King on panel, we already have statements from King and Zoro directly implying Zoro can. I don't see why you need to see something in order to determine that such a thing can happen.

How do you know whether Oda has or not though?

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
I don't see how the two are even comparable especially when there is a clear difference between "he is invincible" and " he is almost invincible"
Because the main take away there was to attack Flame Off. Not use your high end moves on Flame On.

For Zoro not harming King on panel, we already have statements from King and Zoro directly implying Zoro can. I don't see why you need to see something in order to determine that such a thing can happen.
Thats based on King blocking which he did both Pre and Post CoC.

I do not know for sure but I definitely dont believe that he has one.

Last edited:
For real. I feel like oda does a terrible job about explaining their powers...

the problem isnt oda doing a poor job to explain king's power its about his haters faking purposely not understanding his power to downplay him and by extention zoro.

they are called almost invicible because some attack can indeed hard them in flame on.

koh zoro did in against king in onigashima.

now the second option to beat seraphim is to wait for flame off this way you wont have to pull the same amount of effort with flame on.

For some reasons Oda didnt want zoro and luffy to use coc yet so he choose option 2.

Because the main take away there was to attack Flame Off. Not use your high end moves on Flame On.
True because that is more effective

Thats based on King blocking which he did both Pre and Post CoC.
Why was it called out at that moment specifically though? Why did King affirm with "I realize the threat you represent"?

It is also based on the fact that Zoro went into his final attack with no care about Flame off or Flame on and basically challenged King to try and survive his attack.

All these have narrative significance which is being ignored

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
True because that is more effective
Because thats really the only way to deal with Lunarians.

Why was it called out at that moment specifically though?
It was called out right after Zoro hurt him in Flame Off mode, when King started to backtrack & was scared.

Why did King affirm with "I realize the threat you represent"?
This happened long before and after seeing CoC being used.

It is also based on the fact that Zoro went into his final attack with no care about Flame off or Flame on and basically challenged King to try and survive his attack.
We didnt hear his internal monologue of whether he was checking the Flame.
But in the end he ended up attacking Flame Off.

What about Zoro's statement puts assumptions to doubt?
Saying "almost Invincible" does support the notion of what happened in Zoro vs King
The fact that Zoro himself is saying that they are practically/nigh invincible in flame mode added with the undeniable reality that throughout the King fight, Zoro never actually got through King’s defense in flame-on mode.

It’s not difficult. If Zoro can indeed overcome flame on durability with his AP we will know by the end of his fight with S-Hawk.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
The fact that Zoro himself is saying that they are practically/nigh invincible in flame mode added with the undeniable reality that throughout the King fight, Zoro never actually got through King’s defense in flame-on mode.

It’s not difficult. If Zoro can indeed overcome flame on durability with his AP we will know by the end of his fight with S-Hawk.
No one can get through Flame On.
Its just Invincible. The only way to beat Lunarians is by attacking when Flames drop.

Just semantics, because you usually don't speak in absolute terms. Zoro himself has no reference point to believe attacks are working on flame mode. Even in King of Hell, he said that attacking flames on King is pointless.

Zoro did say of course that King seems concerned and starts blocking while in flame mode. But that isn't proof Zoro can harm flame mode. It might as well mean that the flame mode runs out after tanking a certain amount of damage and needs to be recharged afterwards.

No one can get through Flame On.
It’s just Invincible. The only way to beat Lunarians is by attacking when Flames drop.
As far as we know yes ^^ but that could potentially change in the future. Nothing is absolute (i.e Kaido is a good example of this) I’m particularly interested in seeing how lasers in particular interact with their durability given how wary the Punks were of Franky’s lazer.

Also I hope Oda actually explains why the Lunarians are so durable at some point 💀

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
As far as we know yes ^^ but that could potentially change in the future. Nothing is absolute (i.e Kaido is a good example of this) I’m particularly interested in seeing how lasers in particular interact with their durability given how wary the Punks were of Franky’s lazer.

Also I hope Oda actually explains why the Lunarians are so durable at some point 💀
Its something that goes beyond just mere durability imo. No one really said King is the toughest guy in the manga, it still is Kaido.

Its just total invulnerability, something thats fit for a race compared to Gods.

May tie into something like their beliefs in the Sun God (King was waiting for Joyboy all along) is manifested in the flame behind their backs which gives them total immunity against attacks or something idk.

Its something that goes beyond just mere durability imo. No one really said King is the toughest guy in the manga, it still is Kaido.

Its just total invulnerability, something thats fit for a race compared to Gods.

May tie into something like their beliefs in the Sun God (King was waiting for Joyboy all along) is manifested in the flame behind their backs which gives them total immunity against attacks or something idk.
You might be right, they are referred to as gods after all. Tbf Oda's already established a clear weakness for their hax which can be exploited to beat them, so he doesn't really have to go out of his way to have attacks bypass their defense in flame-on mode but we'll see ^^

Because thats really the only way to deal with Lunarians.
That is contradicted by the qualifier "almost"

It was called out right after Zoro hurt him in Flame Off mode, when King started to backtrack & was scared.
Why was he scared when he is "invincible" in flame mode?

This happened long before and after seeing CoC being used.
That statement was made after he called out for blocking in flame mode

We didnt hear his internal monologue of whether he was checking the Flame.
But in the end he ended up attacking Flame Off.
Which does not dispute what I said. The fact that he ended up hitting flame off is irrelevant to the fact that he did not care about whether there was flames or not

Again, what does that prove. The two statements are even contradictory. You can't claim that a character is "almost invincible" when you don't think there's no way to damage such character.

Yes, it is not difficult. We just need to make sure we address the entire context of statements.
Saying just because Zoro did not hurt Flame On King on panel means he can't is like claiming that Whitebeard did not hurt Kizaru on panel so he can't.

Just semantics, because you usually don't speak in absolute terms. Zoro himself has no reference point to believe attacks are working on flame mode. Even in King of Hell, he said that attacking flames on King is pointless.

Zoro did say of course that King seems concerned and starts blocking while in flame mode. But that isn't proof Zoro can harm flame mode. It might as well mean that the flame mode runs out after tanking a certain amount of damage and needs to be recharged afterwards.
Characters speak in absolute terms; Mihawk is the World's Strongest Man, Kaido is the World's strongest Creature, Whitebeard is the World's Strongest Man, Akainu has the highest offensive power of DF users. All these are absolute statements. Claiming that a qualified claim is semantics is just poor excuse.

Zoro has a reference point hence why he used the qualifier. And we know he has a reference point because he called King out for that very fact.

It is proof that King believes Zoro can hurt him which was further supported by King's statement "I realize the threat you represent"