Manga Discussion Edens Zero

Yeah. You were skeptical about my lack of energy for this time/verse jump but slowly you will be noticing more and more why I am the way I am.

Everything feels cheap and rushed.
Well I still like the idea and concept of U0. What I hate is that Hiro rushed the events and the fights. But that's something I always hated in EZ. The first battle against the E4 in U1 was rushed too. All of them besides Kleene only got one chapter for a fight. Same thing happened with the O6 in U2 and with the DS in U3. It's sad how he wrtites his enemies in this manga. Only good villains so far were Drakken and ZIggy. Shura would be the third one. But the other villains like Crow, Acnoella and Cure sucked and the servants of the bosses too.

I still thinkg Hiro has a plan why he choose that they must travel thought the time to reach U0. Becauset they could travel to U0 without to travel 3 years back. But the enemies and the fights thats the main problem in EZ because Hiro rushed them.

I had hopes in the fight Shiki vs Nero. But my hope was destroyed.

And now I have the feeling that we will not get a fight between Drakken and Shiki. Because they can talk about everything and with Nero who will help Shiki, they can make a deal with Drakken or so without to fight. :/

Last edited:
Every manga is flawed (like every piece of fiction) and some have more flaws and some have less
But we can all agree that the pacing was always an issue in EZ
Sometimes it’s good, I personally like it more than OP's dragged pacing
but sometimes it’s too rushed
Post automatically merged:

Especially Jinn, Kleene and Laguna deserve more screen time

Rave Master: Mashima planned the story and the ending. The ending was rushed because of a mistake
FT: Mashima planned Natsu's backstory but not the rest of the story
EZ: Mashima planned some things
but is still clueless about some story elements

Mashima said that EZ is like a mixture of Rave and FT in this regard

This is why some things are rushed or executed poorly
I think a Mangaka should plan the story before the serialisation and just add some minor elements later

Last edited:
Every manga is flawed (like every piece of fiction) and some have more flaws and some have less
But we can all agree that the pacing was always an issue in EZ
Sometimes it’s good, I personally like it more than OP's dragged pacing
but sometimes it’s too rushed
Of course. Nothing is perfect.
But I think everyone would agree that he should have spend more chapters in battles.

I mean Shiki vs Nero is the best example. It's like if Luffy would fight only one chapter against Doflamingo or Kaido. Thats lame...

Not only because Nero was/is a OSG member. But also because this time he is a member of the E4 and has the title "sea god" because he can use the water element. But again Hiro showed only in some panels his wormhole ability. The whole point that Nero is an E4 member was pointless. Hiro could also make Laguna again the water member of that team and make Nero to Drakkens right hand man or so. Because if he doesn't use the water element as a member of this team I don't see where the point is to make him an member.

If only the battle were one or two chapter longer than he could put informations about Nero race too. But sadly it was only one chapter and the battle ends with an oneshot.

Image an OSG member were oneshotted. Something not even in OP happened with the yonkos or warlords......and thats hurt really.....:josad:

The summary is out!
Thanks to SanZaiTen

Jinn and Kleene got their memories back off-
screen, but Sister didn't notice before and kept clobbering them.
Mosco also got his memories back, but Homura has not.
Nero talks about Ziggy and wonders if he/Shiki (I can't tell which) made his EG fall into him.
Shiki can't answer.
Nero notices Shiki can't use his full power and
tells him to OD, revealing there's more than one form.
Shiki unlocks a new form that looks just like
Ziggy, "Overdrive Route: Ziggy", and beats
Nero.
Nero reveals he helped teach Shiki so he could beat Shura.
Shiki decides he must become friends with
Shura and Drakken.
• Chapter 231 title: Requirements of a Hero

Mashima foreshadowed Shiki's new form

So he doesn't use his full power?

Shura the final villain :cheers::steef:

I still don't understand the whole point with the different OD forms. How do you can chose what OD form you want to use? which one is stronger? etc.

I hope there will be more informations about that.

So he doesn't use his full power?

Shura the final villain :cheers::steef:

I still don't understand the whole point with the different OD forms. How do you can chose what OD form you want to use? which one is stronger? etc.

I hope there will be more informations about that.
Yes we’ll get a lot of new information when the crew is assembled

Regarding Nero, he noticed something because of his dices
After that he got "serious" and lead Shiki to his new form

Next page

So Nero acted purposely this way
It wasn’t a serious fight

New chapter is out!
https://mangadex.org/chapter/3d8b95b8-3daa-469f-aa52-08db7776d83c

Last edited:
Yes we’ll get a lot of new information when the crew is assembled

Regarding Nero, he noticed something because of his dices
After that he got "serious" and lead Shiki to his new form

Next page

So Nero acted purposely this way
It wasn’t a serious fight

New chapter is out!
https://mangadex.org/chapter/3d8b95b8-3daa-469f-aa52-08db7776d83c
So Nero really lost in purpose.

But still.....I think the fight could be one chapter longer.

@Boris D. Foot @God_Aizen @Jaguark101 @notAfanboy @Seth @GodofDarkness @mugiwalaw @ShiShiShi @Krusher1357 @Devilbat
French leaks are out!
We got the first 10 pages

Someone said that Drakken killed animals to expand his lifespan and not humans.
I don’t understand French so we need to wait for a summary
Interesting 🤔
Feels like we need to ask C4N what's going on 🤣🤣🤣

Tbh, I find this plot turn a little utopic and fairy-tale-sh but it's Mashima, what we expect 😁

@Boris D. Foot @God_Aizen @Jaguark101 @notAfanboy @Seth @GodofDarkness @mugiwalaw @ShiShiShi @Krusher1357 @Devilbat
French leaks are out!
We got the first 10 pages

Someone said that Drakken killed animals to expand his lifespan and not humans.
I don’t understand French so we need to wait for a summary
So Drakken will be an ally. Well we knew that will happen, but I wish they would at least have a fight.
So he kills animals, but that doesn't make him a good guy, besides that he still kills lifeforms for his own life, he also sold Homura to Illega. So he is still a bad guy even if this Drakken in U0 is more good than the one from U1.

Well it's nothing new :)
And tbh we knew that this will one day happens, since Shiki said that to him in U1. So it's okay imo. The only thing that I dislike about that is, we probably will not see a fight between them and the pacing is too fast. ^^
but I’m glad that we’ll see more of Drakken and Nero
Drakken will play a bigger role now
He’s a morally grey character and it’s okay that he’s an ally

I’m still pissed that Witch is alive

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Nakama power
:finally:

nah for real, it’s okay that they talk about friendship etc.
It doesn’t mean that we’ll get some power of friendship bullshit
It’s still better than OP's destiny power
I understand the concept and that stuff can be different in this timeline but I will never forget how much of character development and story progression Mashima sacrificed with this one bullshit move.

I'm not sold on this still and I think I doubt I will.

I understand the concept and that stuff can be different in this timeline but I will never forget how much of character development and story progression Mashima sacrificed with this one bullshit move.

I'm not sold on this still and I think I doubt I will.
This multiverse crap was only good in Spider-Man NWH
:hope:

but I’m glad that we’ll see more of Drakken and Nero
Drakken will play a bigger role now
He’s a morally grey character and it’s okay that he’s an ally

I’m still pissed that Witch is alive
I like the idea too. It's only the pacing that Hiro rushed and the fights. That sucks about the current arc.

Ah yeah and Witch of course. She is the one who should stay dead. Or at least should all members of the SS be humans in U0 without their memories. But so is her death in U2 useless.

Every other like Drakken or Shura is okay that they return and have diffierent roles than in U1 and U2. But Witchs death is the only death that still should be exist.

Or Hiro plans to kill her again. :suresure:

I like the idea too. It's only the pacing that Hiro rushed and the fights. That sucks about the current arc.

Ah yeah and Witch of course. She is the one who should stay dead. Or at least should all members of the SS be humans in U0 without their memories. But so is her death in U2 useless.

Every other like Drakken or Shura is okay that they return and have diffierent roles than in U1 and U2. But Witchs death is the only death that still should be exist.

Or Hiro plans to kill her again. :suresure:
I will only forgive him when we get a bittersweet ending with some sacrifices
So 2-3 deaths would be awesome