Why did York Betray Vegapunk?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not what an deus ex machina is lol. Call it a plot twist or a subversion of expectation but not a deus ex machina. Get your terminology right
Like it or lump it, there isn't sufficient setup of York or anyone else being the traitor in the plot thus far for it to count as a twist or subversion of it.

Like I said, Oda does have a way of making these things "fitting" e.g. Gear 5th as probably the most notable example in the series so far.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Supreme Grade Peacock Slashers
i think york cant have dont everything and this just proves the situtation is overly complicated and theres at least 3 enemies all trying to get something out of egghead at once. York is doing something to betray everyone, the Marines/CP0 want to blow up the island and kill vegapunk, and I think there's another party there who just killed Shaka
Holding out hope this is another partial fake out.

Really don't want to see this arc get derailed by a shitty, tacked on traitor plotline.

This is why I hate Oda's numerology. The dead zones in arcs just so he can have a certain event happen on a certain date/chapter are insufferable for weekly readers. And then people will gaslight you to your face and pretend Oda would NEVER do that. Hehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Having pirates and the Marines fight over the Vegapunks would be really fun. Hell, that's what I wanted in the first place. Now Usopp is a stone-man and Sanji's trying to commit child murder, fuck off, Oda, just give us what we want, rather than this stupid baity bullshit.

H

Herrera95

Sanji is continuously attacking the Seraphim it means.
He's on control.

Like Luffy attacking dragon Kaido in act 1 ,he molly whopped the dragon and even send him to the ground but kaido was fine.
I can agree he has the upper hand but if he is not damaging than it is not by a great extent. This is like saying Chopper had the upper hand by a great extension agaisnt Queen.

Sanji is continuously attacking the Seraphim it means.
He's on control.

Like Luffy attacking dragon Kaido in act 1 ,he molly whopped the dragon and even send him to the ground but kaido was fine.
My guess is it means that he doesn't know about the flames so it isn't doing anything, but Sanji's so mad that S-Shark doesn't have a chance to do anything either

Like it or lump it, there isn't sufficient setup of York or anyone else being the traitor in the plot thus far for it to count as a twist or subversion of it.

Like I said, Oda does have a way of making these things "fitting" e.g. Gear 5th as probably the most notable example in the series so far.
You don't need setup for a twist. That's why it's a twist because you don't expect it. Whether the twist is good or not doesn't depend on the setup it depends on other factors as well, which aren't necessarily related to the setup. York got her introduction, and now depending on her motives, the twist will either be good or bad, subjectively of course.

My argument was just that it's not a deus ex machina.

Status
Not open for further replies.