Is this the biggest single-chapter demolition of a character & fandom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you write an entire saga spanning 400 chapters for "The Next Generation", only to shit on it within 30 chapters after the Saga ends.

Talk about top tier writing.

Cross Guild = Trash
RHP vs Kid pirates = Trash

Teach/Garp/Law don't let me down
Marines/SHP/Vegapunk don't let me down

Just when I started commenting on One Piece being written lately than Kingdom, Oda goes and takes a dump on majority of his new world writing.

So oda gave zoro a fake dream
Zoro doesn't need to surpass Shanks. Yes, it's true that Shanks is said to have tremendous swordskill, a Meito, being the WSS' former rival and always being shown drawing his blade, even using a named sword attack, but maybe Shanks uses kicks too?

You only count as a contender for the WSS title, if you are only able to operate with a blade and unable to throw a punch.

G

Gorosei Informer

Yeah, totally agree, Supernovas were there just to show that Luffy's not the only one with great ambitions, but ultimately Luffy's gigachad rival is BB, while Shanks has been important to OP since chapter 1.

I feed bad for Kidd and Law, and at the same time I expected something like that. I also never expect any Supernova become a SH, they are more like rivals/sometimes allies to Luffy. Bege and Law are probably my fav out of Supernovas.

On the topic of Haki, yeah, I also don't recall Law using it much, he's got hax DF and mostly relies on that.
Exactly man, I always expected Luffy to grossly outshine the Supernovas, even from when they first appeared. I didn't want to admit/accept it but its the reality ofc. He even grossly outshines his own crew by far too lol.

This is a make or break moment for Law and Kidd too. Like when they faced Kaido and BM and their previous life or death fights like Law vs Doffy or Vergo, they could have given up but they didn't.

Some people believe at least Kidd will give up and be like Crocodile or worse Moria or Buggy and hide in the weaker seas, bullying others and its certainly possible, with Oda trying to parallel Moria getting destroyed in the New World and losing his crew with Kidd and Shanks right now BUT Kidd and Law are too tenacious, too relentless. Even after what happened to them via the people I mentioned, they still did not give up, they kept fighting like the underdogs they are and they succeeded in taking down Big Mom, a Yonko of all people too. Granted HEAVY plot armour/convenience was involved, a whole lot of nonsense/BS but still. Thats Shonen for you.

On another note too, isnt it funny Roger was said to slaughter pirate crews or at least one or two and now we're seeing Shanks do that exactly, using an infamous move of Roger's too? Plus Shanks sees Kidd as a valid enough threat to handle it himself AND treat him the same way Roger treated Oden too.

Yeah the SNs are more like on and off rivals/enemies/friends depending. Bege is so fucking fantastically written, WAY better than I ever expected for him, I thought he was gonna be fodder and trash at first and now I feel like a complete idiot for ever understimating Oda ofc lol.
Law is excellent too, I do love him and his backstory is phenomenal for many reasons. Especially the real life/historical influences/allusions and such.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Weve seen 1 attack from shanks and roger. Coincidentally the same exact attack

Zoro called king out for not being a swordsman because he threw a single punch and king confirmed he wasn't
And ? Shanks has used a sword since he was a child

And rogers beloved blade was his GO TO WEAPON during his voyages

You don't have a point
Mihawk is stronger than Shanks who is nothing but a swordsman

Yeah this is a sad day for kid fans . But this also just implements big mom's defeat by him and law was just some bullshit oda made up to focus on gear 5 more cuz wtf was that ending she had , WITH SOMEONE THAT'S BEEN WIPED WITH ONE STRIKE NAH MAN THAT'S BAD

I am of the opinion that world strongest title are not omnipotent. so shanks hype if for him a lone not him and mihawk. also when did I mention Zoro
I was fine with this logic and sought no reason to go against it.

However, the vivre card specifically clarifies: "In name AND reality"

When you write an entire saga spanning 400 chapters for "The Next Generation", only to shit on it within 30 chapters after the Saga ends.

Talk about top tier writing.

Cross Guild = Trash
RHP vs Kid pirates = Trash

Teach/Garp/Law don't let me down
Marines/SHP/Vegapunk don't let me down

Just when I started commenting on One Piece being written lately than Kingdom, Oda goes and takes a dump on majority of his new world writing.
You're just mad because Oda didnt spawn scrap outta nowhere for Kid

Status
Not open for further replies.