Is this the biggest single-chapter demolition of a character & fandom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
That both didn't grow at the same rate
Who said that?

Blackbeard is tied to Shanks as his main rival from the narrative. Mihawk was an old rival. Their rivalry is long a thing of the past.
BB will "surpass" Shanks, Shanks to BB is like Kaidou to Luffy.

Mihawk & Shanks are separate from this entirely lol.
It's like saying Oden wouldn't be able to give Kaidou a neck to neck fight had he survived the 20 years anymore.
Oden - Kaidou, Roger - WB, Mihawk - Shanks are rivals set in stone.

Mihawk probs has better technique with the sword, but shanks is more Hakiman than him.

Wouldn't be surprised if their duels were like "these 2 fellas fought a lot but it was always a draw"
Shanks is more of strong blade style while mihawk is more of gentle blade style. Both has different philosophy on their swordmanship. Their outfit and appearance fit so much. Shanks is wore more wild outfit aswell drink sake from

giant cup. While mihawk wore very classy outfit and drink wine with etiquette. Shanks has no etiquette. He even go serious on that 8 million bounty man and kidd while mihawk Don't go all out against the weak. Zoro will surpassed Both ahyway

Feats and portryal also suggests that mihawk hasn't taken an L and hasn't fought seriously at all.

Story also shows that even though shanks gas all of these feats his bounty is still only 500million more than mihawk who has no interest in what shanks is interested in
You think oda remembers any of that no all he remembers is shanks is the god king mihawk is a distance thought

Is 30 Broken Bones Zoro on Kaidou's level?
You're far too smart to not get the point my man. I know you.

Shanks vs Mihawk rivalry ended 13 years ago. After that neither party had any interest in the other, both grew individually, rose in rank and power completely independent from the other.

Shanks actually has a rival with whom he still has real beef. Teach gave him his scar without 2 fruits that he now has. Teach got the same position. Shanks actively moved before to warn people of Teach. Teach now is neck n neck with his bounty, both are clapping the same guy in the same arc which is clearly a parallel and both faced off during MF while Mihawk left.

I'm not arguing here just to argue but pls don't pretend like you don't get that. If the writing is on the wall for anyone to be ~ Shanks as a rival right now, it's Teach and no bad showing or feat will change this narrative.

@ConquistadoR @ShishioIsBack

Nah, maybe if you gave his fruit to some insane haki monster that would be true but not in the hands of some random Captain like Shu.

If anybody thinks that bum is rusting a Haki-coated blade, much less a black blade, their opinion is immediately invalidated in my eyes.
of course i was kidding. If "Shu(his name right?)" tried that, it would be like android 19 and vegeta.

you can rust my blade but, without hands? nuh uh

If we being honest he already did by going out of his way to classify king as not a swordsman

The floodgates as to what it means to be a swordsman and what you need to be a contender for wss are already opened by oda himself
That's not shitting on anything, no one considers Big Mom a swordsman either. That argument just doesn't work for Shanks when every time he's shown ready to fight on panel, he's gripping or using his sword.

In that very same fight you're talking about, Oda wanked Zoro's dream to insane levels by making it the only ambition other than becoming PK to be considered a kingly ambition.

Like I said, Zoro ain't Sanji, Oda respects his kingly ambition.

Status
Not open for further replies.