Is this the biggest single-chapter demolition of a character & fandom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't but he was gonna

Dory and Brogy did the right thing
Yep, they even say it in the chapter. If you're going to turn your guns on our Country, then expect the same fate.

The Giants are proud warriors. They aren't going to let someone get away with attacking thier homeland, and then beg for mercy, when it turns out they're getting washed. The Kidd pirates started it, and Dory and Brogy finished it.

I don’t know if Luffy would like hearing Dory and Brogy kill an ally lmao. They technically didn’t do anything wrong but from a SH perspective, feels wrong.
Why should they wait for Kidd to kill someone for then them to take action, Shanks saw the future what was gonna happen with him initiating the attack

Who cares if the ship has sentimental value for them, take that shit down

God you Admiral wankers are so pathetic always trying to call out your legion. Here's your beloved Admirals almost losing their shit to the Golden boy before they overstayed like Kidd and made like a pack of dogs. :denzimote:

What’s wrong with that? It’s a fast paced thread and I want to share the W
You got bodied and this is your answer. Prime Chinjao decimates the Moria of this generation, tough reality
:saden:

Hostages, General deceit, Trickery
Oda highlighted the nature of the Devil fruits within his crew: mimicking ppl, invisibility, warping, hypnotism, disease, these are all the worst lowdown ways to knock ppl down. I do not think Shanks will be overpowered but rather outplayed. As we see this chapter, we know now Teach evaded Shanks twice
Once at the mouth of Wano, he projected Teach to swoop in
Second at Elbaf, for wtvr reason
I do think Teach will have minimum the strength to push Shanks back, as he did when they were younger (scar)

Wtvr it is, I think this part of the story will be something Oda has been carefully crafting. Like he said prior arcs don’t matter, now the real throne wars for Pirate King begin
This is a good answer, especially if it can be justified by exploring their backstories and leading to future plotwork, rather than attempting to sacrifice Shanks for BBs character.

I say this because Shanks' ulterior motives are not known (or why Oda would have the Gorosei scene in the first place) unlike Blackbeards (whos weve known since pre-TS). This is why i cannot see an avenue where Oda draws them fighting then removes Shanks from the One Piece/LT plotline, especially since hes so involved in it.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
He has strongest paramecia

One of the strongest logia

He will be having one of the strongest zoan - which I think he already has it.

He will get awakening for sure - for which one or for all of them would be worth seeing.
I think he might not have the zoan yet, but he could already have it.

If he's just going to awaken one, it's probably going to be the Yami. There's gotta be more to it, considering it's reputation as the "evilest devil fruit"

Why should they wait for Kidd to kill someone for then them to take action, Shanks saw the future what was gonna happen with him initiating the attack

Who cares if the ship has sentimental value for them, take that shit down
Again a downed tiger is a harmless one already, they could have captured but chose to kill. Something Shanks should be against with judging from his speeches. Why waste precious lives when the fight is over? He said that all the way back from Marineford and said the same thought against GB.

Oh yeah great point! It took some serious damage from Akainus meteor fist spam, I think it was mentioned as destroyed too. "A captain goes down with his ship" and Whitebead died then too ofc, so its fitting if the Moby went with him too. It was his main ship too. Wiki says its destroyed too.

Akainu with that highest kill count as far as I remember and destroying a Yonkos flagship and killing said Yonko too, what a legend lol. Well Akainu did MOST of the work by far ofc, the most fatal/important damage.

Right? Despite what happened to Kidd, it was necessary for a great impactful moment imo, to really show the stakes/tension and that Shanks and Elbaf are not to be fucked with.
Its made the story exciting again, like how Kizaru and Saturn showed up but still havent arrived for months IRL now lol. People even joke that the BB ship will arrive before they do lmao.

I think this is being done to teach Kidd the value of true loss, losing what truly matters to you and actual consequences. Worse than just getting wrecked and jailed by Kaido and having Killer forced to eat a Smile. A true escalation.

Shanks' quote is gonna be extremely relevant here and its gonna be Kidd's biggest make or break moment:

Is he gonna give up and cope like Moria, Crocodile and that one filler pirate captain from Luffys flashback, who Roger slayed the crew of apparently? Or this his chance to be reborn and come out as someone better, wiser, more humble, stronger etc? This is where Kidd truly needs to grow up and embrace manhood/becoming an adult. This is what will make him as a person, a man, a captain and whatever he chooses to be and becomes in future too.

He's merely 23 years old too. He's in his prime agewise and has DECADES of life left potetially to live, to make progress and even success. He has SO MUCH he can do with his life if he lives on and chooses to live on and carry on too.

There's so much Oda could do with him and Kidd could do for himself but its whether that will happen. If its not relevant to the plot, we're not gonna get/see it anyway ofc but maybe a cover story for him EVENTUALLY or something? Or we'll see Kidd stuck at Elbaf if the SHs do go there as they're supposed to and we have a VERY interesting interaction with Kidd and Luffy over Shanks, especially what just happened? I wonder if Shanks will wait for Luffy at Elbaf or just pursue the OP regardless?
I think Kid will grow up(pun intended). His character design parallels Shanks’s. I don’t think that’s a coincidence.

He’ll give up on being PK and move on to better things.

Status
Not open for further replies.