Powers & Abilities What role will Gamma Knife play in Wano?

Nerf Kaido, Luffy finish

• Nerf Big Mom, someone else finish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hit Kaido, he tanks with 0 damage (explain how)

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Hit Big Mom, she tanks with 0 damage (explain how)

• Big Mom KOed by someone else, Gamma Knife finishes/kills her

• Kaido KOed by someone, Gamma Knife finishes/kills him

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It's not used at all

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • Other (Explain)

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Nerf Kaido, Luffy finish

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
Gamma Knife is hax, even by Law's standards. While Law's cutting ability apparently can be stopped by strong Haki, his Gamma Knife attack is different because it uses radiation, which permeates all matter. The VCs say it "even bypasses strong Haki".

This being Law's ultimate attack, 1/3 key pieces of the alliance, what role would it play in Wano? Will do it the same thing in Dressrosa, nerf and let Luffy finish? But then that'd be too played out. Killing a Yonko with just a Gamma Knife seems overkill though.

Ideas?

it wouldn't do anything it did damage to doflamingo who is yc level character but wasn't able to take him down it won't do anything like kaido or bigmom who have an insane durability it won't even go past kaido's skin
Doflamingo didn't just "tank" it. He repaired his organs with strings. That's not an ability other users have.

If you think they tank it, explain how.

It will nerf Kaido. While Luffy's acquired a fighting style that's supposed to attack Kaido's inside, Law conveniently has such an op ability in his arsenal.

I think Law and at the very least Kid will get their strongest attacks in on Kaido before then Luffy or Zoro take him out.

As far as i know, gamma knife would directly attacking internal organ body, so it would be like advanced CoA who attacks from inside. And maybe it would be beneficial in weakening kaido's certain point of body which got gamma knife'ed. I guess kaido's internal organ is as vulnerable as normal human, the only tough one is his outer skin. Once kaido got gamma knife'd, luffy would try to hit that weak point of kaido and it would lead to kaido's defeat.
So that is the importance of law in this team battle against WSC.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I don't expect too much...

Like GK is not implied to be as effective against Kaido as it was against Doffy

That would be very bad writing

Nothing...
He will try to land it,
But either it will be intercepted before landing
Or Kaido/Big Mom has the power to actually block it without being penetrated, maybe some haki defense

Remember that Law only used it on Doffy when Luffy gave him an opening..
So normally Law wouldn't be able to land it on Mingo, by either intercepting it, or simply there is a way to block it with haki

I would assume Law has to come up with something else more effective this war, if not, he'll be the supporting guy who's just using shambles in that battle while being a spectator, just doing shambles to save Luffy/Kidd from different attacks, pure support role

So he better bring something bigger than Gamma knife with people are claimed to be "hard to penetrated" like Kaido/Big Mom

:few:

Gamma knife being a super effective against BM or Kaido would leave a really bad look on the story I think no matter how many times ones explain that Doffy resisted its effect cuz his DF.

I blame Oda for using such move so early and diminish his impact.

(Law beating Doffy with Gamma knife would have been better tbh story wise but Luffy needed the W I guess..)

:few:

Gamma knife being a super effective against BM or Kaido would leave a really bad look on the story I think no matter how many times ones explain that Doffy resisted its effect cuz his DF.

I blame Oda for using such move so early and diminish his impact.

(Law beating Doffy with Gamma knife would have been better tbh story wise but Luffy needed the W I guess..)
Oda should have sent Kuma as a complete weapon on Dressrosa

And should have built up both "Kuma and Mingo" as same level and written them that way, by also demonstrating that Kuma did not lose strength when he turned into PX0

Thus, Doffy pressuring WG and pulling strings, results in having 2 warlords as enemies

AND then Oda should have made it completely IMPOSSIBLE to get back Kuma because he's completely dead, no way to return to his former self

Thus, building a sentimental battle, which will be very emotional fight for Luffy because Kuma helped them a LOT!
Law against Doffy is very impactful as well!

Then,
Law beats Doffy himself
Luffy beats Kuma himself

Resulting in Law staying in circle of rivals...

But instead Oda sent Fujitora just to be a spectator Doing NOTHING noteworthy, a freaking admiral having no impact on an arc

Doffy, Law's personal grudge for 13 years, is defeated by Luffy, and Law used every single shit in his arsenal against him leaving him with no tricks, and Doffy didn't even bother to use awakening on him
In fact, Doffy barely used Haki hardening against him, it was only seen in 1-2 scenes at best

Oda completely destroyed any hope for Law to be a future rival

To the point that honestly, his role is very supportive at best with Luffy

The idea of Luffy taking out the personal grudge of his own rival just sealed it for me!

It's like for example, Zoro trains for Mihawk all his life, then at EoS, we have Zoro loses to Mihawk
So Luffy says "okay, I will beat him for you, no worries"
Lol, Luffy did that for a supposed "rival" of PK throne
Thus made Law immediately withdraw from the race of PK throne in my book

And I fear the same for Kidd this arc Lmao

i didn't say "tank"

gamma knife isn't strong enough to penetrate kaido's skin i assume the opponent's skin needs to be penetrate for the gamma knife to take effect otherwise no need for the "knife"
Bro...Gamma Knife is like advanced CoA. It doesn't care how hard your skin is. It's radiation. It bypasses it and goes straight to the organs. Even VCs confirmed it.

This is what a Gamma Knife is in real life "Radiosurgery is surgery using radiation, that is, the destruction of precisely selected areas of tissue using ionizing radiation rather than excision with a blade"

You literally have it bypassing through the vacuum of the atoms of your skin and targeting the organs.

Probably none. Neither Kaido nor Big Mom can survive that attack.

I think Law's power will overall be pretty nerfed. Personality switching, stealing your heart, cutting you with hax. Radio Knife is an advanced version of that cutting, as he cuts you into multiple pieces while at the same time stunning you.

Without plot, Law would've switched places with Luffy while Kaido was in his Dragon form and drunken, in order to cut off his head.

Keep in mind, Law needs to have a major part in this and this is his ultimate attack. This alliance started out as his alliance. And I doubt he's gonna die now because of the Corazon/Sengoku stuff.
Maybe his role will be to switch characters within his room with shambles. Because his attacks are kinda an all or nothing thing. If you cannot avoid Law's attack, you are done. Counter Shock is the only attack that isn't overkill.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Should it be used, it won't land. The big antagonists taking Gamma Knife over and over would be repetitive. And it made sense for Law to land such a critical blow on Doffy back in Dressrosa as he played a co-lead role alongside Luffy, whereas in Wano he's been another chess piece, sidelined in favor of Kid and even Zoro.

Law will probably have a more passive, indirect part during the coming battles.

Law is smart as hell. He knows how hard Kaido’s scales are, given he watched the exchange between Kaido and Luffy. It’s an advanced CoA attack without being advanced CoA. He’s going to use it to damage Kaido, and maybe have other techniques as well besides just the gamma knife. He’s going to do really well against Kaido, as well he should given that he’s one of Luffy’s chief rivals.

- what role I think it should play : nerf Kaido
- what role I think it will play : none

Every main SN should play a big role in Kaido’s defeat, that’s what I would consider good writing. Kid using his ultimate attack to hurt Kaido, Law using Gamma Knife and maybe even Zoro reopening Kaido’s old wound with Enma. Luffy would land the final blow with G4 + advanced level of haki. That would be an epic finish.

But reality is it will most likely be the Luffy show once again, maybe Kid has a slight chance of doing something noteworthy but the other ones will most likely play a minimal role against Kaido himself.