JJK 219 spoilers

And Sukuna taming Mahoraga would've been a better showcase of the 10S than what we got in this fight imo

We could've actually seen how a 10S user would tame Mahoraga, and Sukuna could nerf himself to 10S because of how easily he offed Mahoraga the last time.

And at least that way we would've seen "Megumi" (Sukuna in his body) tame Mahoraga, with the real Megumi reacting to it from within.

And Sukuna taming Mahoraga would've been a better showcase of the 10S than what we got in this fight imo

We could've actually seen how a 10S user would tame Mahoraga, and Sukuna could nerf himself to 10S because of how easily he offed Mahoraga the last time.

And at least that way we would've seen "Megumi" (Sukuna in his body) tame Mahoraga, with the real Megumi reacting to it from within.
There is one positive thing you can take from this though

Assuming Megumi comes back this all but confirms that Mahoraga isn’t the end all be all of the 10 Shadows technique

And I’ll be real… Gege has been building this up fairly well ngl

He can store things within shadows (including himself), in his domain where his efficiency/output is amped he can make literal shadow clones, etc

I don’t know what else there is to the technique but it’s highly likely that Gege has more in store for Megumi himself

I don’t like that Sukuna tamed Mahoraga for him but if there’s more pieces of the pie when Megumi comes back I’ll be alright with it for the most part

Sukuna with Yorozu's CT would actually be insane, unlike he has no limits.

That could always be shown later on.

I'm free to point out the things I dislike about the story.
I never said somebody had to agree with me
Of course, you still have the right to have your own opinion, but I'm just giving mine on why it's not so important to have it off-screen

It is a pretty important thing to offscreen though

There weren’t even hints that it happened

It just happened

I liken it to the Strawhats sailing to Elbaf for a couple days and when they land we find out Franky has armament haki now

When did he unlock it? How did he even know how to go about unlocking it?

Ya know? Not that it’s that big of a deal
Sukuna fought against Mahoraga, so we can assume that he tamed him at that moment. And again, I repeat, we have already had a fight centered around both characters, so what purpose would it serve us as readers to have another fight between the two? Because to tame Mahoraga, I imagine you simply needs to defeat him, something Sukuna has already accomplished. You complain when Gege gives us unimportant fights, but then you ask for a chapter focused on a confrontation we've already had before. It doesn't make sense.

It's completely different from your example since we're talking about an ultra-secondary thing here (especially when we know Sukuna has already fought him and defeat him). It's totally different from Franky using Haki, in my opinion

Of course, you still have the right to have your own opinion, but I'm just giving mine on why it's not so important to have it off-screen
I think it's a critical point to Megumi's growth and mastery of the 10 shadows.

Don't see the reason why the author would reveal it now, regardless Megumi doesn't need to leech off/learn from Sukuna.

I think it's a critical point to Megumi's growth and mastery of the 10 shadows.

Don't see the reason why the author would reveal it now, regardless Megumi doesn't need to leech off/learn from Sukuna.
Will we see Megumi fight again? I think the author clearly wants to convey that we won't, which is why we see the full extent of the Ten Shadows Technique through Sukuna. Megumi is still too young to fully master his technique, and it's clear that the manga is coming to an end. It makes sense to reveal all of this through one of the strongest characters in the manga

Sukuna fought against Mahoraga, so we can assume that he tamed him at that moment. And again, I repeat, we have already had a fight centered around both characters, so what purpose would it serve us as readers to have another fight between the two? Because to tame Mahoraga, I imagine you simply needs to defeat him, something Sukuna has already accomplished. You complain when Gege gives us unimportant fights, but then you ask for a chapter focused on a confrontation we've already had before. It doesn't make sense.

It's completely different from your example since we're talking about an ultra-secondary thing here (especially when we know Sukuna has already fought him and defeat him). It's totally different from Franky using Haki, in my opinion
I think it should’ve been alluded to at the very least. As I said, there wasn’t even a hint that it happened.

I also think it’s a bit of a leap to assume he had Mahoraga automatically since he defeated it previously when he didn’t have the technique. That would have to mean that he was registered the “victor” during the ritual and the technique itself somehow knew that he had defeated it previously. Possible? Sure, but a bit of a reach

I complain when Gege gives us unimportant fights with uninteresting characters like Yorozu

The Tsumiki plotline could’ve ended as soon as we found out Tsumiki was possessed by another sorcerer (and killed most likely) and nothing would’ve changed

The whole thing feels like another Sakuraijima to me. Extending a plotline when it could’ve ended ages ago

I’d much rather learn more about the 10 Shadows via Sukuna taming Mahoraga and 10 Shikigami than see Sukuna toy around with a boy crazy woman (that had 0 buildup and a bland backstory) with a punch kick technique

If Gege wanted to put the 10 Shadows on full display he easily could’ve waited for Kashimo to get there

I almost forgot to mention that this further complicates the timeline

When did Sukuna actually tame all of the Shikigami?

Again, it’s not THAT big of a deal but it is a little annoying

It’s not game breaking for me lol

I think it should’ve been alluded to at the very least. As I said, there wasn’t even a hint that it happened.

I also think it’s a bit of a leap to assume he had Mahoraga automatically since he defeated it previously when he didn’t have the technique. That would have to mean that he was registered the “victor” during the ritual and the technique itself somehow knew that he had defeated it previously. Possible? Sure, but a bit of a reach

I complain when Gege gives us unimportant fights with uninteresting characters like Yorozu

The Tsumiki plotline could’ve ended as soon as we found out Tsumiki was possessed by another sorcerer (and killed most likely) and nothing would’ve changed

The whole thing feels like another Sakuraijima to me. Extending a plotline when it could’ve ended ages ago

I’d much rather learn more about the 10 Shadows via Sukuna taming Mahoraga and 10 Shikigami than see Sukuna toy around with a boy crazy woman (that had 0 buildup and a bland backstory) with a punch kick technique

If Gege wanted to put the 10 Shadows on full display he easily could’ve waited for Kashimo to get there

I almost forgot to mention that this further complicates the timeline

When did Sukuna actually tame all of the Shikigami?

Again, it’s not THAT big of a deal but it is a little annoying

It’s not game breaking for me lol
I see what you mean, but maybe we'll get more explanations in the next chapter. It might be a bit of a stretch, but since Sukuna already defeated Maho, he may have automatically gained the ability to control him... Many people have suggested this hypothesis because he had already beaten him in Shibuya, so he wouldn't have to tame him anymore.

The main purpose of this fight was to destroy Megumi's soul while showing us the Ten Shadows Technique. I personally didn't find the fight interesting mainly because of Yorozu. Gege introduced her too quickly and her personality is really annoying... Personally, I would have found the Sukuna vs Mahoraga fight just as uninteresting because, as I said, we've already seen that fight and we already know Mahoraga's style and characteristics. In both cases, we would have been bored. However, I agree with you about the Sukuna vs Kashimo fight.

Last edited:
I see what you mean, but maybe we'll get more explanations in the next chapter. It might be a bit of a stretch, but since Sukuna already defeated Maho, he may have automatically gained the ability to control him... Many people have suggested this hypothesis because he had already beaten him in Shibuya, so he wouldn't have to tame him anymore.
Yeah I think it's possible due to how weird the concept of Cursed Techniques and the Soul interact in JJK

Sukuna's victory may have been etched in his "soul" and when he switched bodies the technique acknowledged that he technically beat it

The main purpose of this fight was to destroy Megumi's soul while showing us the Ten Shadows Technique. I personally didn't find the fight interesting mainly because of Yorozu. Gege introduced him too quickly and his personality is really annoying...
My thoughts exactly

Annoying personality, bland backstory, and a punch kick technique = not a character I care to see

I'm glad you see where I'm coming from with that haha

Personally, I would have found the Sukuna vs Mahoraga fight just as uninteresting because, as I said, we've already seen that fight and we already know Mahoraga's style and characteristics. In both cases, we would have been bored.
This is fair

Personally I would've appreciated a hint or even like a one off text bubble that mentions Sukuna tamed the Shikigami (maybe giving it a timeframe as well so we know when it took place)

However, I agree with you about the Sukuna vs Kashimo fight.
Honestly I think this just makes more sense

Kashimo, an already established and beloved character, has a technique that's literally made for Sukuna

Sukuna has a new technique that the audience wants to see

I feel like there couldn't possibly be a better set up for a 10 Shadows showcase

:finally:

It is a pretty important thing to offscreen though

There weren’t even hints that it happened

It just happened

I liken it to the Strawhats sailing to Elbaf for a couple days and when they land we find out Franky has armament haki now

When did he unlock it? How did he even know how to go about unlocking it?

Ya know? Not that it’s that big of a deal
Different things my friendo.

We've already seen Sukuna defeating Mahoraga, which is basically how one tame a shikigami.

So we know he can and how he can. No need to show it twice.

On the other hand we never saw Franky using CoA once (that being said, CoA is a bad exemple since almost everybody and their mom have it now. Franky not having it is the actual issue imo).
Post automatically merged:

Aw, you meant seeing how a 10S Sukuna would defeat him w/o shrine?

I see, though is it even possible as no 10S users never could do it?

Maybe with the deer and a massive CE output. Could have been interesting indeed...

Last edited:

MUUGEN

呪のろいの王
What are the chances that Sukuna didn't fight Mahoraga a second time and got him as a summon because of the technicality that he already beat him, and he's now Megumi?

Not saying he couldn't. Cause we all know Sukuna would wreck him again for many times. But an explanation for why we don't see the fight. All though, the other new summon fights being off screened too indicates otherwise.

Is Gojo even gonna comeback? Just to get beat? :josad:
no it was clearly indicated that Sukuna was not apart of the original ritual when megumi summoned maho

Worst

Custom title
What if Maho just " bent the knee "

Like he recognized Sukuna as a worthy master

Or bc there's 2 souls inside the same body he can "bypass" te ritual requirement

Tbh he already won against Maho so a rematch would've been repetitive (imho)

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince

Or bc there's 2 souls inside the same body he can "bypass" te ritual requirement

Pretty much what i think.
Cursed Spirits are simple beings, they aren't cunning.
The fact is Sukuna exorcised Mahoraga whether that ritual is null or not.

It makes sense that Mahoraga accepted Sukuna as it's master and if Mahoraga does, all the other Inferior Shikigami just follow suit.

MUUGEN

呪のろいの王
Pretty much what i think.
Cursed Spirits are simple beings, they aren't cunning.
The fact is Sukuna exorcised Mahoraga whether that ritual is null or not.

It makes sense that Mahoraga accepted Sukuna as it's master and if Mahoraga does, all the other Inferior Shikigami just follow suit.
maho isnt a cursed spirit none of the shadow beast are.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
gege uses a standing desk to avoid health issues
God bless him and I hope he will manage to finish the story for us. Even if not and his health stops him from doing so I won't be mad. He entertained me for years.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Hold your horses before Gege explains Mahoraga to the fullest. Most things are just assumptions. He didn't explain it to the fullest.

Megumi will awaken, however crazy it may sound I was hoping such a scenario will occur. His affection for Tsumiki was blocking him from progressing. If he couldn't grow in power to protect her, he must grow in power to protect himself now.

Remember Gojo's words about Sorcerers needing to be egoists. Megumi's shackles are off.

We will see where it goes.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢

Eh, not exactly.

This is actually perfect way to stall Sukuna until Kashimo and others arrive.

Mahoraga will adapt to Sukuna's current power level and fight him.

Also, Megumi is sinking into the Shadows. Shadows are his powers, I think Megumi might finally become an egoist for himself and rage.