General & Others The Man Marked by Flames.

Canidates:

Kuzan: He's with the blackbeard pirates + he rides a bike. (I do believe he knows who it is.)

Saul: He's on Elbaf jerking off or something (Saul is still possible though because Oda can make up some dumb shit)

Dragon: I don't see where he would find the time to do this, but this is the most likely answer. "Flame" tattoo, Pitch Black ship, Weather powers to make whirpools. Most likely has access to a poneglyph.

Scopper: Doubt it. Why would he have a poneglpyh and whirlpools don't fit him, too old

A fishman named Davy Jones: Just my headcanon, Most likely no. (New Character)

A new character: The Lazy answer, possibly.

Final Answer: Monkey D. Dragon or New Character

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Canidates:

Kuzan: He's with the blackbeard pirates + he rides a bike. (I do believe he knows who it is.)

Saul: He's on Elbaf jerking off or something (Saul is still possible though because Oda can make up some dumb shit)

Dragon: I don't see where he would find the time to do this, but this is the most likely answer. "Flame" tattoo, Pitch Black ship, Weather powers to make whirpools. Most likely has access to a poneglyph.

Scopper: Doubt it. Why would he have a poneglpyh and whirlpools don't fit him, too old

A fishman named Davy Jones: Just my headcanon, Most likely no. (New Character)

A new character: The Lazy answer, possibly.

Final Answer: Monkey D. Dragon or New Character
Kuzan: Makes no sense, no ship, no whirling...

Saul: Burned marks are there, RP possible through Ohara, but no black ship (so far known) and no ability to cause that whirls so far know, so no too.

Dragon: Whirling power, fits, flame tattoo okaysh, but not fitting well, RP possible, but no "pitch black ship", its grayish with a big green dragon on it, doesnt fit.

Scopper: Possibly, but we have nothing about him to consider anything. So far, i doubt he is on the sea with an own shown alone, doesnt fit the behavior of the rest of the crew. And why should specially him have a RP? So doubtit.

Davy Jones: Makes most sense for me, specially considering what happened to Kid and Law right now.
This same Davy Jones, according to sailors, is the fiend that presides over all the evil spirits of the deep, and is often seen in various shapes, perching among the rigging on the eve of hurricanes:, ship-wrecks, and other disasters to which sea-faring life is exposed, warning the devoted wretch of death and woe.
Davy Jones is also, in the old folklore, taking the destroyed ships and treasures of losing / dying pirates. Like.. Law and Kid right now. Him being their next opponent in that case makes sense. If Luffy loses too, why not.
Additionally: In modern folklore, Davy Jones will always be connected to a pure black ship, for example in Pirates of the Caribbean, with the Black Pearl.

Kuzan: Makes no sense, no ship, no whirling...

Saul: Burned marks are there, RP possible through Ohara, but no black ship (so far known) and no ability to cause that whirls so far know, so no too.

Dragon: Whirling power, fits, flame tattoo okaysh, but not fitting well, RP possible, but no "pitch black ship", its grayish with a big green dragon on it, doesnt fit.

Scopper: Possibly, but we have nothing about him to consider anything. So far, i doubt he is on the sea with an own shown alone, doesnt fit the behavior of the rest of the crew. And why should specially him have a RP? So doubtit.

Davy Jones: Makes most sense for me, specially considering what happened to Kid and Law right now.

Davy Jones is also, in the old folklore, taking the destroyed ships and treasures of losing / dying pirates. Like.. Law and Kid right now. Him being their next opponent in that case makes sense. If Luffy loses too, why not.
Additionally: In modern folklore, Davy Jones will always be connected to a pure black ship, for example in Pirates of the Caribbean, with the Black Pearl.
It might be retconned so Dragon either got a new ship or it's now black.
It has to be him or Davy Jones as you suggested.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
It might be retconned so Dragon either got a new ship or it's now black.
It has to be him or Davy Jones as you suggested.
Pretty sure its more Davy Jones.
Dragon suddenly having a new ship makes no sense. Why should he lose his ship suddenly? Also, the folklore by Blackbeard in the flashback didnt sound like "fresh" news, neither did when Kid was talking about the man. The black ship seems to be on the sea for a longer time.
And i am pretty sure, people would recognize Dragons ship.

Pretty sure its more Davy Jones.
Dragon suddenly having a new ship makes no sense. Why should he lose his ship suddenly? Also, the folklore by Blackbeard in the flashback didnt sound like "fresh" news, neither did when Kid was talking about the man. The black ship seems to be on the sea for a longer time.
And i am pretty sure, people would recognize Dragons ship.
Yeah, well, same manga where BM didn't realize that flirtatious lady from CP0 looked almost exactly like the girl from MADs and her former crewmate from Rocks.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Yeah, well, same manga where BM didn't realize that flirtatious lady from CP0 looked almost exactly like the girl from MADs and her former crewmate from Rocks.
There are 40 years in between. You think you would remember exact faces? Specially when you wouldnt consider someone looking exactly like that, or you just put it as coincidence. I see regulary people remembering me of others, but not always i made a topic out of it.

And one person dont recognizing something is not the same as the whole verse falling for a folklore when the ship on the other hand is pretty much known.

There are 40 years in between. You think you would remember exact faces? Specially when you wouldnt consider someone looking exactly like that, or you just put it as coincidence. I see regulary people remembering me of others, but not always i made a topic out of it.

And one person dont recognizing something is not the same as the whole verse falling for a folklore when the ship on the other hand is pretty much known.
Yes. But her and Kaidou still clearly remember their time in Rock together.
In fact, she outright said she remembered saving him by giving him his Mythical Zoan.

The mysterious figure in question and their ship have the legend of Davy Jones written all over it.

The whirlpool sinking is reminiscent of the the concept of Davy Jones locker which refers to the bottom of the sea, where drowned sailors and sunken ships are said to be found.

In some stories, he is the captain of the ghostly ship, the Flying Dutchman, which is said to wander the seas forever, unable to make port and there are other renditions of this .The vibe is similar to the one we got from this chapter, as if this figure always remains in their ship at all times.

Also as the manga seems to be heading towards a more pirate-y direction than ever before, I also wouldn't be surprised if this figure donned the eyepatch which Oda has hinted at before.

I'm sure Oda would want to incorporate a lot of the traditional pirate folklore into the remaining story seeing how little of it is left. Whether it be the legend of Davy Jones (which I think will be brought up again once we explore the origins of Rocks and know more about Hachinosu) , Van Der Decken's ancestors who probably have been sailing the flying dutchman since before the void century or this pitch black ship in question now.

Last edited:
Don't think the mysterious figure in question is Dragon,

Not only is their ship nothing close to being of pitch black color , but even if it was Dragon's ship it shoud've been characterized by its big ass Dragon figurehead . Which again for anyone putting two and two together would easily realize its identity and the members riding on it.

I'd also reckon this ship hangs out somewhere around Lodestar and not in Paradise, which has basically been Dragon's base of operations in both instances.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
Yes. But her and Kaidou still clearly remember their time in Rock together.
In fact, she outright said she remembered saving him by giving him his Mythical Zoan.
Again... remembering situations, stories etc. is something different as remembering exact faces and connecting them to a person you havent seen for 40 years. She has seen Kaido inbetween, maybe not in person, but at least in the newspapers and bounties pretty regulary.
I cant remember faces from people i saw 15 years ago. But you expect it for 40 years in the past?

Again... remembering situations, stories etc. is something different as remembering exact faces and connecting them to a person you havent seen for 40 years. She has seen Kaido inbetween, maybe not in person, but at least in the newspapers and bounties pretty regulary.
I cant remember faces from people i saw 15 years ago. But you expect it for 40 years in the past?
I suppose this is fair.

Pantheos

Heavy Metal
The mysterious figure in question and their ship have the legend of Davy Jones written all over it.

The whirlpool sinking is reminiscent of the the concept of Davy Jones locker which refers to the bottom of the sea, where drowned sailors and sunken ships are said to be found.

In some stories, he is the captain of the ghostly ship, the Flying Dutchman, which is said to wander the seas forever, unable to make port and there are other renditions of this .The vibe is similar to the one we got from this chapter, as if this figure always remains in their ship at all times.

Also as the manga seems to be heading towards a more pirate-y direction than ever before, I also wouldn't be surprised if this figure donned the eyepatch which Oda has hinted at before.

I'm sure Oda would want to incorporate a lot of the traditional pirate folklore into the remaining story seeing how little of it is left. Whether it be the legend of Davy Jones (which I think will be brought up again once we explore the origins of Rocks and know more about Hachinosu) , Van Der Decken's ancestors who probably have been sailing the flying dutchman since before the void century or this pitch black ship in question now.

Exactly, this theory comes up in our Kid-PM also a few hours ago. You should make a theory-thread about it, the people will jump on it soon and i am pretty sure it will be seen on different pages the next days. So please, be the first one!