General & Others The Man Marked by Flames.

When i first read about Laffitte narration about this mysterious person. Only one person comes into my mind without a second thought who's none other than Davy Jones...
:bamathink:

Except him, Dragon could be the closest.......but personally i don't find why he needs to be involved into these pirate business although there is "possibility" due to that Shiryu statement
Such as Dragon high chance of being former WG agent and the person the WG put in charge of one of the Red poneglyph they got, and Dragon leaving the WG and taking the Red poneglyph with him........
That's the scenario and plot i could see if Oda wanted to make Dragon and the Rev take part in this pirate business.
:quest:

SAUL......at this stage Saul was just a bait by classic Oda to reader it seems lol. All of us would believe it was Saul during Egghead VP and Ohara flashback.
But this latest chapter hammered every idea of that. No reason for Saul to be a mysterious scary guy on pitch black ship summoning whirlpool.

ROCKs ..........i never support the idea of Rocks being still alive, and would be on that train forever. We have BB who is rocks 2.0 that's more than enough.

Davy Jones just fits the most,
Ever since Oda talk about introducing the Lurking Legend on the interview........my minds is all over on that, till these day.
It is not Imu, a person who's existence is not known by the mass
It is not Rocks, a person who exist and was the probably the most well known infamous pirate during old era.
It is not Shiki, or any other famous pirate of the old......which fits to be candidates of Lurking legend
:jordanmf:

Davy jones is a legend, myth....in one piece world which people knows about it and at same time doesn't know if it really exists, which is why he fits the "Lurking legend" so much.....
Especially with like Pantheos was saying on how Law and Kidd got sunk under the water with all their crew and ship. Davy Jones the devil who dwells in the sea floor may introduce himself now
:saturn:

The mysterious figure in question and their ship have the legend of Davy Jones written all over it.

The whirlpool sinking is reminiscent of the the concept of Davy Jones locker which refers to the bottom of the sea, where drowned sailors and sunken ships are said to be found.

In some stories, he is the captain of the ghostly ship, the Flying Dutchman, which is said to wander the seas forever, unable to make port and there are other renditions of this .The vibe is similar to the one we got from this chapter, as if this figure always remains in their ship at all times.

Also as the manga seems to be heading towards a more pirate-y direction than ever before, I also wouldn't be surprised if this figure donned the eyepatch which Oda has hinted at before.

I'm sure Oda would want to incorporate a lot of the traditional pirate folklore into the remaining story seeing how little of it is left. Whether it be the legend of Davy Jones (which I think will be brought up again once we explore the origins of Rocks and know more about Hachinosu) , Van Der Decken's ancestors who probably have been sailing the flying dutchman since before the void century or this pitch black ship in question now.

I forgot Oda actually did reference Daavy Jones directly @ArturCantSpeakJapanese and @Albino 👑 lol

I am surprised to see all the Dragon responses lol. You are telling me Oda wrote Dragon having the remaining road ponelyph and didn't have Dragon mention it to Robin for two years? Well, that does sound like Oda's shit writing to me so yall might be right.

Dragon's ship isn't even black. It's green and red lol. This is the official color manga published by Shueisha under Oda's supervision. 99 percent of the time the Wind Granma is shown in the darkness but in this one panel it's clearly regular wood colored, with green and red highlights.

Canidates:

Kuzan: He's with the blackbeard pirates + he rides a bike. (I do believe he knows who it is.)

Saul: He's on Elbaf jerking off or something (Saul is still possible though because Oda can make up some dumb shit)

Dragon: I don't see where he would find the time to do this, but this is the most likely answer. "Flame" tattoo, Pitch Black ship, Weather powers to make whirpools. Most likely has access to a poneglyph.

Scopper: Doubt it. Why would he have a poneglpyh and whirlpools don't fit him, too old

A fishman named Davy Jones: Just my headcanon, Most likely no. (New Character)

A new character: The Lazy answer, possibly.

Final Answer: Monkey D. Dragon or New Character
i honestly also think its a fishman and probably davy jones.
Post automatically merged:

There are 40 years in between. You think you would remember exact faces? Specially when you wouldnt consider someone looking exactly like that, or you just put it as coincidence. I see regulary people remembering me of others, but not always i made a topic out of it.

And one person dont recognizing something is not the same as the whole verse falling for a folklore when the ship on the other hand is pretty much known.
especially because we know bakkin is still alive. why would big mom go "this woman sure looks like bakkin from 40 years ago with a different haircut" if shes not already looking for her? idk. this doesnt really seem like a plot hole to me.

I forgot Oda actually did reference Daavy Jones directly @ArturCantSpeakJapanese and @Albino 👑 lol
by the way, the other thing Robin says here @Paperchampion23 , i think this will actually come into the story soon too, and film RED was like, thematically in line with something that will show up in canon later.

at some point there will be a demon summoned into the world and the demon will become a temporary antagonist. demons have been foreshadowed a few times but really not very often. the main thing i can remember is the island Brook traveled to during the timeskip. People in the impoverished nation of Hungeria were trying to summon the "Lord of the Demons". Based on the cult leader's goat-like outfit and the goat head altar, this is probably a take on Baphomet.

The REALLY fucked up thing is that this 8 pointed star symbol with a runic sort of circle inside of it shows up somewhere else too.

All over the walls of the Gorosei's chamber.

Last edited:
i honestly also think its a fishman and probably davy jones.

especially because we know bakkin is still alive. why would big mom go "this woman sure looks like bakkin from 40 years ago with a different haircut" if shes not already looking for her? idk. this doesnt really seem like a plot hole to me.

by the way, the other thing Robin says here @Paperchampion23 , i think this will actually come into the story soon too, and film RED was like, thematically in line with something that will show up in canon later.

at some point there will be a demon summoned into the world and the demon will become a temporary antagonist. demons have been foreshadowed a few times but really not very often. the main thing i can remember is the island Brook traveled to during the timeskip. People in the impoverished nation of Hungeria were trying to summon the "Lord of the Demons". Based on the cult leader's goat-like outfit and the goat head altar, this is probably a take on Baphomet.

The REALLY fucked up thing is that this 8 pointed star symbol with a runic sort of circle inside of it shows up somewhere else too.

All over the walls of the Gorosei's chamber.
Wtf, never noticed this too lmao.

Yeah the WG is into some dark shit. I wonder if this has to do with what they did during the void century as well.