Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 980: Fighting Music

Rate this chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Let's get this out of the way - Luffy and Zoro are fine. They got hit by attacks they couldn't see coming, but bounced back immediately.

I know this will fall on deaf ears, but it was worth a shot.

What needs to be really taken away from this chapter is that we get another very good look and explanation on how formidable an Emperor crew can be, courtesy of Zoro.

Even if a single headliner is no problem, having to deal with a dozen at once can be troublesome. This is a war. It'll take more than might from the Alliance to win. Planning a course of action and determining which battle is worth taking can decide who lives to see another day.

Luffy and Zoro were paid for their recklessness by blowing their cover. What happens to them now won't involve any silent job. My bet is that they will be locked up/incapable of making any immediate moves. Doesn't necessarily mean they should be captured, but the possibility is open. Any more action could alert the enemy of the others. Though that too is open. The operation failing is plausible, afterall.

Chapter though was pretty fast paced. I'm happy Luffy and Zoro ditched those awful Beast outfits and sporting their trademark looks. Some neat callback to their time with Tama, showing that out of all the pirates among the Alliance, these two are the most emotionally invested. And that's been noted consistently throughout the arc. All I got to say is that's gonna lead to something more for both Luffy and Zoro.

Apoo is annoying. His powers are annoying, he's annoying, and Kid beating on him was satisfying. He proves his worth as an effective nuisance, but how will it stack up against someone like Kid, who probably knows more on how he (Apoo) fights than Luffy or Zoro.

Most interesting part was Queen mentioning a F6 he wants to get rid of. I don't do theories, but my money is on P1 or Drake. They were the ones he specifically sent earlier in the arc to take out Sanji, and we still know so little on what transpired between P1 and Sanji. All that needs to be addressed, and I wouldn't be surprised if Queen's little moment could lead to that, which could inadvertently lead into a confrontation with Sanji.

Short action chapter, but some cool things to pry from it.

Queen watching Luffy/Zoro struggle is so great. And he's personally getting rid of a Tobi Roppo? Guess it's either Ulti or Who's Who. They're the most disrespectful of him.
Considering Queen's perversion, I doubt he'd be willing to fight a woman. Most likely either Who's Who or Sasaki considering those two have been highlighted most as disrespecting the Calamities.

Tanked the slash like a boss, then immediately blocked attacks without looking, took Luffy out of harm's way...sure gonna get downplayed
You underestimate the power of sanji fanboy club to nitpick and downplay zoro.
Every morning they do a prayer to their deity(the one and only Nerfed Killer™) and ask for guidance on how to downplay anything that zoro does in the upcoming chapter

Last edited:
Really good chapter. Zolo & Luffy gettin some battle scars early was a nice touch
:cheers:
I dont think I could love Apoo any more. His design, his powers, his back & forth w/ Queen. Enemy or not, he's my man...my SCRATCHMAN
:lunazing:
I wont lie, Apoo was a traitor, so Kid def deserved that squish.
But dont lie & say that Apoo didnt put on a good opening show or that Kid just erased all his past L's

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.