Speculations Oda is planning something big for Smoker

Is Oda planning something big for Smoker?

• Total voters
Idk what to tell people that think Smoker’s done

Oda’s obviously keeping him offscreen for a reason

Tashigi and Smoker always appear together but all of a sudden he disappeared?

I think Punk Hazard was the wake up call he needed to kickstart his own timeskip

He’s gonna come back a lot stronger and as you said he’ll be a key part of the Aokiji plot

He was the one that asked him about the whole Blackbeard thing to begin with

“I’m still me, Smoker”

:finally:

Smoker for sure will play a key role in the Aokiji plot.

Smoker Aokiji relationship was highlighted well even pre Timeskip.

Smoke was the reason Aokiji knew SHs beat Crocodile. He was probably even the reason why Aokiji showed up to meet Strahwats there. Imagine that, the reason an admiral got to know of Strahwats and probably left them alone, was because of Smoker.

Aokiji was the one to get Smoker to G5:

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
Kuzan is probably a mentor of some kind to Smoker.

Probably not in the way Garp is a mentor to Kuzan and Coby, the ages are too close, but Kuzan is very likely to be a superior officer to Smoker that influenced him.

So he definitely should have a role in the Kuzan plot, which could explain why he isn‘t on the Beehive group, since the plot will need him to react to that- which is no doubt ending in Garp having to do a last stand to allow the others to escape.

Smoker is cool. Hope he make a good return. I don't mind the power inflation for Smoker since he obviously needs to step up his game.

As for character wise, doesn't seem like Smoker is currently with Garp and SWORD right now so he might reserves for Cross Guild match-up against Crocodile.

Or maybe Kuzan or Garp won't die here yet so Smoker might have one last convo with Kuzan.

Fucked up part, it wasn't even a tag team. It was a full surrender so law could take the wheel. He realized he stood 0 chance against vergo and decided his best bet was to put his hope in the pirate that beat him 3 hours ago.
I think Smoker was just trying to repay the debt though. It isn't in character for him to surrender.
Smoker is cool. Hope he make a good return. I don't mind the power inflation for Smoker since he obviously needs to step up his game.

As for character wise, doesn't seem like Smoker is currently with Garp and SWORD right now so he might reserves for Cross Guild match-up against Crocodile.

Or maybe Kuzan or Garp won't die here yet so Smoker might have one last convo with Kuzan.
Everyone is randomly powering up, so why not smoker lol

There are at least 2 problems. The first is that he never appears even compared to the relevant marines (admirals) who already don't appear much. And it is not that he is a legendary figure like Shanks, Mihawk or Dragon who (used) to appear once in a blue moon to give some hype. And that is his second problem: in shounen to be relevant you usually must have a relevant power lvl as well, but Smoker was already way weaker than Luffy in Marineford war, with the time skip the gap just widened while now for sure is even larger. Smoker is almost fodder to Luffy now, he could get some power up and get the Lucci treatment (so actually being able to at least have some sort of a fight with a full power Luffy) but that has first to happen and until that point it is just a speculation with little ground.
Smoker is literally the most reoccurring/prominent Marine my guy

Smoker is literally the most reoccurring/prominent Marine my guy
That role is filled by the admirals, by extension now Oda is somewhat introducing the gorosei who could be a bigger threat (in a way they already are) than the admirals. Then now Garp too is getting a lot of light and almost the same can be said for Aokiji (even if there it is still not entirely sure if he still a marine or not), then of course there is Coby who stole from Smoker that stole from Smoker that "marine rival" position which was Smoker strong and only point to be a relevant/ most relevant marine. Now he is surpassed powerwise, he was fodderized by Dressrosa Doffy and that is fodder to current Luffy and of course Smoker can not fill that gap in such a short time (growing even more than Luffy who is the MC). Then of course he is an "old" beloved character by the fanbase so he will get still some light for sure but not really big things (something like what Lucci get, or at best what Croco get).

That role is filled by the admirals, by extension now Oda is somewhat introducing the gorosei who could be a bigger threat (in a way they already are) than the admirals. Then now Garp too is getting a lot of light and almost the same can be said for Aokiji (even if there it is still not entirely sure if he still a marine or not), then of course there is Coby who stole from Smoker that stole from Smoker that "marine rival" position which was Smoker strong and only point to be a relevant/ most relevant marine. Now he is surpassed powerwise, he was fodderized by Dressrosa Doffy and that is fodder to current Luffy and of course Smoker can not fill that gap in such a short time (growing even more than Luffy who is the MC). Then of course he is an "old" beloved character by the fanbase so he will get still some light for sure but not really big things (something like what Lucci get, or at best what Croco get).
Bros can't read

Fujitora already fills in as a more competent Smoker. Even Smoker himself admitted that he would of been too much of a bitch to let the truth of the Dressrosa situation be known to the world as Fuji did even if he had the rank of Admiral himself. It's pretty much over for the cancer incarnate as a prevalent character and I'm betting that he will play as support for Fuji and Coby to create a better organization.

Fujitora already fills in as a more competent Smoker. Even Smoker himself admitted that he would of been too much of a bitch to let the truth of the Dressrosa situation be known to the world as Fuji did even if he had the rank of Admiral himself. It's pretty much over for the cancer incarnate as a prevalent character and I'm betting that he will play as support for Fuji and Coby to create a better organization.
Bros can't read x2

It completes his character arc, this was always Oda’s plan for Smoker.

Loguetown: Smoker is a hardcore Marine who hates pirates and believes in Marine Justice

Arabasta: Smoker’s life is saved by a pirate which changes his worldview on what pirates can be, is powerless to stop Crocodile while Luffy and his pirate crew saves the Kingdom. Also he tells the WG to go fuck themselves and sees the flaw in their justice for himself

Punk Hazard: Smoker literally allies himself with pirates to defeat a pirate who is impersonating a Marine

Punk Hazard ends with Kuzan literally telling Smoker: “You can still pursue Justice even after you leave the Marines”

Yeah Smoker is definitely going to leave the Marines and become the final Nakama. His character arc is the hardcore justice marine who learns that the Straw Hats represent true justice and joins their crew to pursue his own justice.

Kuzan vs Smoker would be the absolute best matchup for Kuzan in the Blackbeard Pirate fight.
TTC Kuzan was what fully sold me in Tenth SH Smoker, imo he's the best SH candidate by this point in the story

It completes his character arc, this was always Oda’s plan for Smoker.

Loguetown: Smoker is a hardcore Marine who hates pirates and believes in Marine Justice

Arabasta: Smoker’s life is saved by a pirate which changes his worldview on what pirates can be, is powerless to stop Crocodile while Luffy and his pirate crew saves the Kingdom. Also he tells the WG to go fuck themselves and sees the flaw in their justice for himself

Punk Hazard: Smoker literally allies himself with pirates to defeat a pirate who is impersonating a Marine

Punk Hazard ends with Kuzan literally telling Smoker: “You can still pursue Justice even after you leave the Marines”

Yeah Smoker is definitely going to leave the Marines and become the final Nakama. His character arc is the hardcore justice marine who learns that the Straw Hats represent true justice and joins their crew to pursue his own justice.

Kuzan vs Smoker would be the absolute best matchup for Kuzan in the Blackbeard Pirate fight.
I can see Smoker ally himself with the Strawhats.

But him being a member? Don't you think him being the "underling" of the pirate he had been chasing for most of the series would be a bit disrespectful to him?

I would have no issues if he becomes an ally like Law did though.

Personally, I think Smoker will be working along with Aokiji rather than ending up fighting him. He will be involved with the Aokiji plot (I don't think Aokiji will remain an ally of BB by the end). Dude's relation with Aokiji was highlighted even pre TS. Heck, he was the reason Aokiji even got to know about Strawhats

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
But him being a member? Don't you think him being the "underling" of the pirate he had been chasing for most of the series would be a bit disrespectful to him?
No because Oda himself doesn’t think this way. Is Zoro being an “underling” disrespectful to Zoro? Or any of the other Straw Hats? No, of course not and neither would it be for Smoker.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Eh. He was always weak.

He is not a part of the main cast or any super important characters. If he jumps from being a vet dog walked by Doffy to some insane above Commander level character this will be just bad writing and complete ass pull.

Smoker's fans always took pride in his writing so if they feel like this is fantastic to see their character get ass pulled into relevancy they will lose in my eyes. Not like it matters but seriously.

Smoker is a cool character, nice personality, and wants good. But he is a complete failure in terms of power level.

At his age he should be at least Mid to Top Commander level for what cause he is fighting for.