Speculations Oda is planning something big for Smoker

Is Oda planning something big for Smoker?

• Total voters
Eh. He was always weak.

He is not a part of the main cast or any super important characters. If he jumps from being a vet dog walked by Doffy to some insane above Commander level character this will be just bad writing and complete ass pull.

Smoker's fans always took pride in his writing so if they feel like this is fantastic to see their character get ass pulled into relevancy they will lose in my eyes. Not like it matters but seriously.

Smoker is a cool character, nice personality, and wants good. But he is a complete failure in terms of power level.

At his age he should be at least Mid to Top Commander level for what cause he is fighting for.
Bros cant read x3

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Bros cant read x3
Smoker is not going to magically come back and change the world. You think of the wrong character.

He's in no political or power position to cause the change.

His biggest shot is with Fujitora, basically orchestrating him to change the Marines.

Smoker himself can't achieve much.

No because Oda himself doesn’t think this way. Is Zoro being an “underling” disrespectful to Zoro? Or any of the other Straw Hats? No, of course not and neither would it be for Smoker.
It's different with Smoker, cause Smoker was antagonistic to Luffy the whole time and was the one who basically played the similar role of Luffy's Garp in whole of pre TS.

Would Garp joining Roger's crew be disrespectful to his character? I'd think so.
Not saying it's a 1:1 comparison obviously, but you get the point.

Even with Zoro, for starters he was never an opponent of Luffy to begin with. Plus, he didn't just suddenly accept being in the crew. His very first line when joining was "I'll kill you if you get in the way of my dream". It was a slow transition from that to "my dream doesn't matter if I can't protect you"

Smoker would only join the crew only if Oda saw him as secondary to Zoro and Sanji which is the biggest L take one can have

Smoker is the Garp of this generation. No other marine fulfills that role

Certain user who thinks so wants to think the end boss Marine is mr magma man that got 2 shotted by accident by WB :holdthisl:

Last edited:
Just now on my head, there is a glympse of Cross Guild Counter from Marine (at least from marine Status, whether they are SWORDS or Will be out from Marine then it is another matter). Just a little bit slightly weaker than Cross Guild is fine, then They can just get stronger or save a spot for Kuzan comeback🤔.

Every time we see him, he is getting stronger (Marineford, Pink Hazard, Next?). Then we might have a YC4 Smoker right after Kuzan left from Punk Hazard.
So i thought their Structure would be:
for example ,New Hope Marine (reference: Garp)
Issho ~ Mihawk
Smoker & Subordinates ~ Croc's Crew
SWORDS Remnants+ Issho's Subordinates ~ Buggy & Crew

The beginning of the discussion of the new Marine Story after the Fall Down of World Government. Let's see.
FA - Issho; Adviser- Kuzan
Admirals - Smoker, Coby, Gion
Special Admirals (YC) - Chaton, Hina, Drake?, Etc
Vice Admirals (Tobiroppo/Veteran) - Tashigi, Helmeppo, etc
RA & below...........

Smoker will clash crocodile or mihawk .
Fujtoria will end up facing buggy for gags and probably think buggy is strong guy like monsters think king top 1 in one punch universe .
So I think smoker will deal with cross guild or shut down operation which it is already weaken by buggy plan change .

God I hope so. The absence is conspicuous.

He did have some very good moments, but he also should have beaten Vergo. In the end I feel his grudge with Vergo outweighed Law’s, where essentially Vergo is only a subordinate to the real antagonism with Doflamingo,

But I think that Oda, at the time of writing PH, intended to have Vergo play far more of a role in Law’s backstory than what he actually did.

One of my biggest pet peeves of PH is that the three main fights get given to the fan favourites. Fair enough, Luffy is always going to beat the main villain, but Chopper should have had some sort of role in the Caesar fight. Zoro literally had no reason to fight Monet and it should have been Nami or Tashigi. And I think Smoker should have been the one to beat Vergo and not Law.

The Smoker Vergo fight is just really annoying because Smoker is beating the shit out of Vergo in all the fight we see then suddenly he’s changed tactics to get the heart back. There’s a missing scene where the decision to go for the heart needed to be shown.
Vergo is like second strongest of donquixote pirates. He is second corazon. Law is just that underrated. People don't realise law is nerfed by doffy and fujitora 2vs1 him on greenbit.

Smoker is the Garp of this generation , and he’s gonna have the same relationship to Luffy as Garp had to Roger

Why has Oda waited with Smoker for all this time since PH?

It is obviously only time for Smoker to reappear ONCE Luffy officially starts his road to Laugh Tale. It might take a while but Oda is a patient man.

When Luffy finds Dragon and receives the fourth Poneglyph (The man marked with flames) only then will Smoker make a big comeback

Oda is building up Smoker big-time