Whether Akainu says his magma burnt Ace or consumed his fire
I'm not Japanese but I have my way around it LOL

If you can bare with me here @EtenBoby can correct it later if I'm mistaken somewhere

The quesiton sound like whether he absorbed/negated his flames or burned them ye?

Lets start :
The Kanji reads 焼き尽くす "YAKI TSUKUSU" when Akainu talks about the affect magma has on fire generally , which when directly translated in Google means the following.. Its a literal meaning but not wrong. There is a nuance at play.

The Kanji is a pair of seperate words "YAKI" 焼き and "TSUKUSU" 尽くす

"YAKI" 焼き can be directly translated to the following:

It might remind you of that Japanese snack called "Teriyaki" which is grilled fish or meat i reckon and you can see the word "YAKI" in it noting to it being grilled and you can notice the synonyms denoting to bring burned and grilled mostly so this is where the bulk of the meaning of 焼き尽くす "YAKI TSUKUSU" comes form.

While the word "TSUKUSU" 尽くす means to TRY, DEVOTE, OR EXHAUST.. it essentially modify's "YAKI" 焼き and the most relevant synonym here is "EXHAUST" in other words to DEPLETE SOMETHING by some means it can also means Destroy given the context we're dealing with.

Together the pair ( 焼き尽くす "YAKI TSUKUSU) can be roughly put as destruction/reduction/Depletion of something due to being burnt and can be directly translated into multiple words inferring being burnt up specifically but one such synonym is also "Consume"

And its not irrelevent or vastly contrasting and it doesn mean something absolutely different, because its a figure of speech that modify's FIRE in the context of 焼き尽くす "YAKI TSUKUSU" so "consume" isn't meant literally here as in to absorb or whatever literal synonym the word CONSUME has.

Here's the context they give regarding how "CONSUME" fits in with 焼き尽くす "YAKI TSUKUSU" and you can see how its synonymous to being burnt and nothing here alludes to the literal menaing of, CONSUME, the word in quesiton. And the context of "Consume" here is essential because Its describing the person being burnt to death or destroyed through flames like we roughly translated previously.

Here's a second source of translation confirming the same, its called DEEPL translatior.. At first if you copy the whole sentence with the words 焼き尽くす "YAKI TSUKUSU" it translates like this

It uses the term "consume" for 焼き尽くす "YAKI TSUKUSU"

But if you individually translate the word 焼き尽くす "YAKI TSUKUSU" there you'll get a very interesting translation that essentially means the same as the Initial translator

So consume here also means to be burn to destruction or something along the options give above.

Given the descriptions and translation we can conclude that Consume does mean burn in contexts of fire or flames or extreme temprature but its more specifically to burn something Wholly..

"Consumed" by flames.. I'm sure you have heard of that phrase

Here's what a dictionary has to say about Consume in context of flames

So Burn is more general and can mean partial burns and consume is to burn completely in this context of flames and extreme temperatures

But the million dollar quesiton is.. Did Akainu akainu consume ( completely destroyed by burning ) ace's fire given what we have learned ?

The Answer to that is that, He did burn ace but he didn't consume Ace's fire which sound like him absorbing or negating his flames, the correct wording is "CONSUMED ACE HIMSELF" if you mean ace's body itself and lemme explain what this means

The context of Akainu's words is general when he says "i am magma THAT consume fire" .. He's talking about fire generally and meant that he can completely destroy fire by burning it due to his superior DF.

AND ACE IS FIRE ITSELF SO FOR AKAINU TO HAVE CONSUMED "ACE'S FIRE" IF WE'RE TALKING ABOUT ACE'S ATTACKS THEN AKAINU WOULD OVERWHELM THEM OR CONSUME (COMPLETELY DESTROY BY BURNING) THEM BUT IF ITS ACE HIMSELF THEN HE WOULD HAVE HAD TO CONSUME (BURN ACE COMPLETELY AND ABSOLUTELY) .. WHICH he didn't and like the panel of the left indicates Akainu just CONSUMES his hand (or completely utterly burns his hand)..

SSo the conclusion is Akainu doesn't consume (absorb, negate) ace's flames he burns them to destruction which essentially is the state of something consumed by flames or extreme heat.. Or in the given relevant context

llemme know if i missed something, i think i did well with translation but if you think i derived an inaccurate explanaiton of Ace/Akainu's context you can devise an accurate one from the translated kanji.
It got hectic at the end
:pepecroc:

Last edited:

If you can bare with me here @EtenBoby can correct it later if I'm mistaken somewhere

The quesiton sound like whether he absorbed/negated his flames or burned them ye?

Lets start :
The Kanji reads 焼き尽くす "YAKI TSUKUSU" when Akainu talks about the affect magma has on fire generally , which when directly translated in Google means the following.. Its a literal meaning but not wrong. There is a nuance at play.

It might remind you of that Japanese snack called "Teriyaki" which is grilled fish or meat i reckon and you can see the word "YAKI" in it noting to it being grilled and you can notice the synonyms denoting to bring burned and grilled mostly so this is where the bulk of the meaning of 焼き尽くす "YAKI TSUKUSU" comes form.

While the word "TSUKUSU" 尽くす means to TRY, DEVOTE, OR EXHAUST.. it essentially modify's "YAKI" 焼き and the most relevant synonym here is "EXHAUST" in other words to DEPLETE SOMETHING by some means it can also means Destroy given the context we're dealing with.

Together the pair ( 焼き尽くす "YAKI TSUKUSU) can be roughly put as destruction/reduction/Depletion of something due to being burnt and can be directly translated into multiple words inferring being burnt up specifically but one such synonym is also "Consume"

And its not irrelevent or vastly contrasting and it doesn mean something absolutely different, because its a figure of speech that modify's FIRE in the context of 焼き尽くす "YAKI TSUKUSU" so "consume" isn't meant literally here as in to absorb or whatever literal synonym the word CONSUME has.

Here's the context they give regarding how "CONSUME" fits in with 焼き尽くす "YAKI TSUKUSU" and you can see how its synonymous to being burnt and nothing here alludes to the literal menaing of, CONSUME, the word in quesiton. And the context of "Consume" here is essential because Its describing the person being burnt to death or destroyed through flames like we roughly translated previously.

Here's a second source of translation confirming the same, its called DEEPL translatior.. At first if you copy the whole sentence with the words 焼き尽くす "YAKI TSUKUSU" it translates like this

But if you individually translate the word 焼き尽くす "YAKI TSUKUSU" there you'll get a very interesting translation that essentially means the same as the Initial translator

So consume here also means to be burn to destruction or something along the options give above.

Given the descriptions and translation we can conclude that Consume does mean burn in contexts of fire or flames or extreme temprature but its more specifically to burn something Wholly..

So Burn is more general and can mean partial burns and consume is to burn completely in this context of flames and extreme temperatures

But the million dollar quesiton is.. Did Akainu akainu consume ( completely destroyed by burning ) ace's fire given what we have learned ?

The Answer to that is that, He did burn ace but he didn't consume Ace's fire which sound like him absorbing or negating his flames, the correct wording is "CONSUMED ACE HIMSELF" if you mean ace's body itself and lemme explain what this means

The context of Akainu's words is general when he says "i am magma THAT consume fire" .. He's talking about fire generally and meant that he can completely destroy fire by burning it due to his superior DF.

AND ACE IS FIRE ITSELF SO FOR AKAINU TO HAVE CONSUMED "ACE'S FIRE" IF WE'RE TALKING ABOUT ACE'S ATTACKS THEN AKAINU WOULD OVERWHELM THEM OR CONSUME (COMPLETELY DESTROY BY HIRING) THEM BUT IF ITS ACE HIMSELF THEN HE WOULD HAVE HAD TO CONSUME (BURN ACE COMPLETELY AND ABSOLUTELY) .. WHICH he didn't and like the panel of the left indicates Akainu just CONSUMES his hand (or completely utterly burns his hand).. or burns his hands

SSo the conclusion is Akainu doesn't consume (absorb, negate) ace's flames he burns them to destruction which essentially is the state of something consumed by flames or extreme heat.. Or in the given relevant context

llemme know if i missed something, i think i did well with translation but if you think i derived an inaccurate explanaiton of Ace/Akainu's context you can devise an accurate one from the translated kanji.
It got hectic at the end
This is an actual thesis lmao
Well look into it in a sec thanks man

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
It was never about which is hotter, that was a major mistranslation

Magma, as molten rock, is always on fire. It will consume any flame regardless of its temperature

Maybe we should ask Eten to translate that part
I asked Puck to translate that for me once and this is what they said

Sakazuki: Aren't you being a bit too lax coz you're a logia?
Sakazuki: You're only just fire and I'm magma that (burns fire to nothing/devours fire)
Sakazuki: My ability and yours are downright in a hierarchical relationship/My ability and yours downright share a superior to inferior relationship.

Edited:
*You're only just fire and I'm magma that smolders fire to nothing (might be a more appropriate translation)

https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...elopment-of-his-devil-fruit.3629/#post-302239

Lets start :

AND ACE IS FIRE ITSELF SO FOR AKAINU TO HAVE CONSUMED "ACE'S FIRE" IF WE'RE TALKING ABOUT ACE'S ATTACKS THEN AKAINU WOULD OVERWHELM THEM OR CONSUME (COMPLETELY DESTROY BY HIRING) THEM BUT IF ITS ACE HIMSELF THEN HE WOULD HAVE HAD TO CONSUME (BURN ACE COMPLETELY AND ABSOLUTELY) .. WHICH he didn't and like the panel of the left indicates Akainu just CONSUMES his hand (or completely utterly burns his hand).. or burns his hands

It got hectic at the end
This basically confirms temperature was never the issue, it's just that the state of magma as an element can devour flames.
With that said, Sabo doesn't have any story narrative or in verse chance of pushing Akainu to low diff
Thanks again man

If you can bare with me here
*bear
Post automatically merged:

This basically confirms temperature was never the issue, it's just that the state of magma as an element can devour flames.
With that said, Sabo doesn't have any story narrative or in verse chance of pushing Akainu to low diff
Thanks again man
Bruh
I return after hours
Third post I see is something about temperature. Where's the Kelvin chart? @Doggo