Character Discussion Rev Army: Are they frauds?

As of chapter 1083, we now know these 3 things:
1: They caused 12 nations to rebel, with 8 succeeding and 7 surviving.
2: They burned the CD flag, saved Kuma, deprived the CDs of food, and successfully raided Mariejois, among other things.
3: Morley and Karasu held Aramaki and Issho back while Lindbergh freed the slaves and Sabo freed Kuma.
So, where are all the people that called them bums?
They're one of the most successful factions in the verse so far. Everything they wanted to do, they did. With not many repercussions.
And they're still active, stopping ships from delivering food to Mariejois.
What is there to complain about with them now?

This feels very much like thier first big win on the World Stage. Before now hey were more behind the scenes and smaller scale missions. Aside from Dragon they really weren't seen as threats to the World Government of you look at their bounties before the Reverie.

It was also very much a surprise attack as appose to an all out War like Marineford.

I never liked or cared too much about the RA, they always have been my least favorite of the great powers, and I would find them far more interesting if they were more like true revolutionaries with internal divergences of views and tensions, and some extremists and if it was shown that like in real-life revolutions don't always mean a better government.

Plus I find Sabo to be really annoying, overrated and thrown down our throats by Oda, much like Ace post-TS and Oden.

I never liked or cared too much about the RA, they always have been my least favorite of the great powers, and I would find them far more interesting if they were more like true revolutionaries with internal divergences of views and tensions, and some extremists and if it was shown that like in real-life revolutions don't always mean a better government.

Plus I find Sabo to be really annoying, overrated and thrown down our throats by Oda, much like Ace post-TS and Oden.
Great points about the RA. However, while Sabo has some big differences from Ace ( completely different goal and fighting style bar the Mera Mera, for example ) it's clear Oda regrets killing Ace off and retconning Sabo into the story was a key indicator of that.

Dragon is Luffy
Sabo is Zoro
Iva is Sanji
Kuma is Jinbe
so...

Roster wise, we're talking about maybe Franky/Brook attacking Admirals
Post automatically merged:

Maybe they're not the best vehicle for some of those things and it's impossible to cite others as of now. Like we have no idea how good an actual revolution is supposed to be from where Oda sits

Great points about the RA. However, while Sabo has some big differences from Ace ( completely different goal and fighting style bar the Mera Mera, for example ) it's clear Oda regrets killing Ace off and retconning Sabo into the story was a key indicator of that.
Sabo is basically Ace 2.00, he may be a revolutionary instead of a pirate but he's just as hot-heated, impulsive and stupid and protective of Luffy as Ace. Him eating the Mera, a moment that left me utterly unimpressed, and mastering it so fast just cemented that.

Plus I find Sabo to be really annoying, overrated and thrown down our throats by O
Revolutionary is more like cia. Instigating coup all over the world.

Sabo is basically Ace 2.00, he may be a revolutionary instead of a pirate but he's just as hot-heated, impulsive and stupid and protective of Luffy as Ace. Him eating the Mera, a moment that left me utterly unimpressed, and mastering it so fast just cemented that.
I’ve never really understood the Ace 2.0 thing

Outside of eating the same fruit and their connection to Luffy I’d say they’re fairly different (besides a few small similarities that Ace and Luffy also shared)

For one, we know he’s emotional but he isn’t stupid. He lead the raid on Mariejois successfully without taking too many unnecessary detours and unlike Luffy or Ace might’ve done he didn’t ignore the plan entirely

Be honest, does anyone genuinely believe Ace or Luffy are capable of leading a covert operation that tries to keep the fighting to a minimum without fucking it up? (See: Wano/Ace's Cover Story)

For two, Sabo is a Revolutionary that wants to change the world and is ok with innocent people dying if it benefits him

I just can’t imagine Luffy and Ace saying anything like this

Not to mention how ruthless (and honestly crazy) he can be in battle

I don't know about you, but I don't think Luffy or Ace are sadistic enough to smile while slowly crushing an innocent marines skull

If Sabo is Ace 2.0 even with all these differences, what's stopping Ace from being Luffy 2.0?

Both have legendary parents (Roger/Dragon)
Both have legendary parental figures (Whitebeard/Shanks)
Both D.'s
Both have CoC
Both have black hair
Have very similar personalities (with Ace being a more mature version of Luffy)

I’ve never really understood the Ace 2.0 thing

Outside of eating the same fruit and their connection to Luffy I’d say they’re fairly different (besides a few small similarities that Ace and Luffy also shared)

For one, we know he’s emotional but he isn’t stupid. He lead the raid on Mariejois successfully without taking too many unnecessary detours and unlike Luffy or Ace might’ve done he didn’t ignore the plan entirely

Be honest, does anyone genuinely believe Ace or Luffy are capable of leading a covert operation that tries to keep the fighting to a minimum without fucking it up? (See: Wano/Ace's Cover Story)

For two, Sabo is a Revolutionary that wants to change the world and is ok with innocent people dying if it benefits him

I just can’t imagine Luffy and Ace saying anything like this

Not to mention how ruthless (and honestly crazy) he can be in battle

I don't know about you, but I don't think Luffy or Ace are sadistic enough to smile while slowly crushing an innocent marines skull

If Sabo is Ace 2.0 even with all these differences, what's stopping Ace from being Luffy 2.0?

Both have legendary parents (Roger/Dragon)
Both have legendary parental figures (Whitebeard/Shanks)
Both D.'s
Both have CoC
Both have black hair
Have very similar personalities (with Ace being a more mature version of Luffy)
Yeah, this is another thing.
When BB killed Thatch, Ace's immediate response was to hunt the mf down and try to fight his whole crew alone.
BB raided and destroyed Baltigo, but we don't see Sabo hauling ass up to Hachinosu to get revenge on him.
Also, wanting to take down the WG is way different than wanting to be the Pirate King.

I have been saying revolutionary guys are going to be stronger than yonko crew . Iva is outliner and can be weaker other revolutionary commanders .
‘Heck Morley and and Karasu are yc1 at minimum, like other yc1 stall. Yonko like Marco vs big mom .

They are meant to fight World government force like holy knight , gorsei , amd IMU (sabo found this guy first).
‘Now holy knight is on to hunt sabo .

Yeah, this is another thing.
When BB killed Thatch, Ace's immediate response was to hunt the mf down and try to fight his whole crew alone.
BB raided and destroyed Baltigo, but we don't see Sabo hauling ass up to Hachinosu to get revenge on him.
Also, wanting to take down the WG is way different than wanting to be the Pirate King.
I think that while Sabo and Ace are similar people tend to miss how different they can be

Ace and Luffy are incredibly impulsive

0 information on their opponent and they’re running in like nothing

Sabo can be impulsive but he just isn’t comparable to Ace or Luffy

Like you said, Ace ran after Teach as soon as he killed Thatch, completely ignoring Whitebeard’s orders

Luffy was about to rush into Mariejois with no plan and get his whole crew killed to save Vivi

Sabo doesn’t move like that. The Revos had their infiltration all planned out, did what they needed to do and left

People hated the RA because they don't have good designs (apart from Dragon, Sabo and Karasu) and their dynamic is "boring" overall.

Glad that people are hopping on RA hype train though.

I don’t like their dynamic nor their designs apart from Koala. Their bounties are garbage. But you cannot deny they have been putting in the work. They’re the dark horses of this race.

Crouching tiger hidden dragons. I don’t have much expectations for Dragon but Sabo might be different and the way Oda made them look against Admirals was surprisingly well-kempt.