• 2/5

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • 1/5

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • 0/5

Votes: 11 5.6%

• Total voters
Man that cube shit is annoying in virtually every modern anime
I get that it's easier to animate probably, but damn, at least try to differentiate between different anime lol
Cubes being a general animation thing is a bad thing how????

I don't understand what people would prefer.

Cubes are just nice.
Post automatically merged:

Ohh, it's there in other anime too?

Some modern animation nonsense I guess, fail.
Literally, the best animators in the entire industry use this all the time.

Cubes being a general animation thing is a bad thing how????

I don't understand what people would prefer.

Cubes are just nice.

Literally, the best animators in the entire industry use this all the time.
It looks like every fight with environmental damage takes place on a Lego set

Idk if animators ever saw the effects of explosions on earth, but I promise you it doesn't cube

No idea why Toei insists on altering some of the key moments in any battle
The whole point of flameless King is sacrificing invincibilty for speed in order to land a hit on your opponent
What made bird dance extra cool is how King uses this dynamic effectively and how Zoro tries to use this to his advantage

But no Toei decides to be braindead and have Zoro completely block King with his sword
:kaidowhat:

Great animation nonetheless

Yeah, I disagree with that entirely. They improved on this section dramatically, and there were in fact several clashes and back and forths in this part in the anime besides generic Oda clash panelling.
You missed the point.
King blocking just one attack in his defence mode can't lead you to conclude anything.

But him blocking like 50 back to back attacks? Yeah, now you'd start thinking "why is this guys blocking??"

Details matter. Oda writes them for a reason.

I am not saying what anime did there in terms of animation was bad. What I am saying is that what anime did was INSUFFICIENT. They could've done that and more.

The anime improved on the finisher dramatically by making it completely different from the manga.

In the manga, King is a very passive fighter and just doesn't move or have his flame up after he clear sees his attack getting cut. The anime just makes the scene literally 1000 times cooler by having King go all in on a final clash with Zoro.

I think its an improvement for several reasons. Not only visually is it a lot cooler(like, seriously, the art alone was way fucking better than Oda's), but also increased the drama of that final clash.

In the manga, we already see Zoro having cut through King's best move before he hits King. By arranging it so that King goes into a final clash with Zoro, you keep the outcome of the clash a bit more ambiguous and maintain the tension for longer(also, again, it was literally a billion times cooler).
Dude, again you're missing the point. I mean, can you not read what I am writing?? I literally said I liked the additives:
The final attack from King in anime was great in the beginning, the additives of "extra" smaller dragons were good.

My complain is with the LAST/MAIN dragon being cut. They literally didn't animate this part. They SKIPPED it, and instead showed us a "flash" where we have to ASSUME what happened.
But they didn't show Zoro cutting through the large dragon clean like they did in manga, instead it was just mushy....

I mean, is animating THIS too hard??

Also, cubes are awesome, what are people on about?
Subjective.

I think cubes are cringe AF. Give me actual debris instead of this nonsense.

What???? He sent him through some walls and the other island was under him so he literally just had to get him off the floating island.

These guys casually changed the geography like it was clay
Literally downplaying hard. Actually read the msnga also no they didn’t lol, the anime just makes it seem more crazy than it actually is

You people really do let over exaggerated animation fool you it’s nuts

You missed the point.
King blocking just one attack in his defence mode can't lead you to conclude anything.

But him blocking like 50 back to back attacks? Yeah, now you'd start thinking "why is this guys blocking??"

Details matter. Oda writes them for a reason.

I am not saying what anime did there in terms of animation was bad. What I am saying is that what anime did was INSUFFICIENT. They could've done that and more.

Dude, again you're missing the point. I mean, can you not read what I am writing?? I literally said I liked the additives:

My complain is with the LAST/MAIN dragon being cut. They literally didn't animate this part. They SKIPPED it, and instead showed us a "flash" where we have to ASSUME what happened.

Subjective.

I think cubes are cringe AF. Give me actual debris instead of this nonsense.
Cubes are just way easier to animate and are more graphic while giving a sense of directionality to the impact.

Individual random debris is way more tedious then a variations of a distinct shape

No idea why Toei insists on altering some of the key moments in any battle
The whole point of flameless King is sacrificing invincibilty for speed in order to land a hit on your opponent
What made bird dance extra cool is how King uses this dynamic effectively and how Zoro tries to use this to his advantage

But no Toei decides to be braindead and have Zoro completely block King with his sword
:kaidowhat:

Great animation nonetheless
But the anime literally did the whole "flames off is speed mode" thing.

And you could very easily say that Zoro blocked it in the manga as well.

It looks like every fight with environmental damage takes place on a Lego set

Idk if animators ever saw the effects of explosions on earth, but I promise you it doesn't cube
Animation doesn't necessarily need to be realistic.

Literally downplaying hard. Actually read the msnga also no they didn’t lol, the anime just makes it seem more crazy than it actually is

You people really do let over exaggerated animation fool you it’s nuts
Ik the difference between the anime and manga and it is why I keep saying in the anime.

Also with Sanji it isn't downplay he sent a dude flying with his kick and people act like he sent him into the stratosphere.

Zoro got a boot to his face in the manga, which makes it even better as he simultaneously managed to launch bird dance
It is one of the few scenes where Oda nailed an exchange between two characters
He blocked it with the sword in his mouth tho in the manga. I don't think using the other 2 is that huge a change considering him blocking it with only his mouth is even more insane.