Bougya Debunked, now stop tagging me

That’s not a “retreat” that’s a stand down/cease fire out of respect.

If you actually read the translation on the page, it says that Shanks made the marines retreat in virtue of his power.

That literally didn’t happen lol
That's the current narrative what we've got from the manga, it's totally valid.
The Navy was in a war, another emperor came and threatened them to continue fighting and they stopped. The leader of the Navy stopped for a reason that hasn't been revealed yet but the subtle hints directly show us that Shanks's secret connection was the main reason.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
How does it feel getting hard over this information knowing damn well that looney tunes ahh madafakah is going to rag doll him in the future?
Doesn’t matter lol. The fact is Akainu is stronger than every pirate in history given that the previous guy who people thought was the strongest Marine in history was equal in strength to the strongest Pirate in history.

Everyone loses to Fairy condom in the end, Akainu isn’t alone in that.

Sandman
The beautiful thing about how this magazine makes Marineford sound, is that you are a sentient adult with a functioning brain who is capable of using that brain to interpret Marineford for yourself, and one translated word from a magazine should not override your ability to use that brain.

I mean wtf even is this Kinyagi lol. “I know Marine HQ would’ve stomped Shanks but one word from a magazine says something so brain no work no more?”

Akainu meanwhile being the strongest Marine in history is information we did not possess, and nothing contradicts it since no other Marine was ever stated as being the strongest. People like Sandman are losing their shit and lying because Akainu is not stronger than Roger in their imaginary tier list. Clearly to Oda’s mind that doesn’t apply.
Sandman fans went hush mode after OP posted the entire page lmaoo

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Interesting. But what exactly brought Akainu to this state? Was it actually Marineford and anything that happened afterwards?

I guess my Roger + Garp top 2 cope remains a cope kek

No it doesn’t, it says the Navy “retreated” from Shanks. Which we already knew, Akainu did not fight after Shanks showed up.

But Akainu being confirmed above Shanks is new information. Akainu > Roger ~ Garp >> Shanks is confirmed.
The Navy was too scared to fight Shanks because of his power. Despite having someone stronger than Prime Garp:steef:

Thanks for this Lee. Appreciate you tagging me in this thread:cheers: