One Piece - Chapter 1085: The death of Nefertari Cobra

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Again the problem comes from there’s two panels highlighting them.

One which focuses on the gorosei where they are the central figures, another highlighting imu. The idea that oda would make only 4 gorosei appear may be one of the worst look ever and even odas editors would call him out on it, especially since it’s clear oda could draw all five in their positions just as he did In the next panel.

The second issue comes from the fact that the humanoid giant on the stairs, does not give the vibe of imu compared to the panel immediately following them with the five gorosei and imu.

The way I see the progress was:
1. Sabo attacks the gorosei, blond gorosei notices the attacks
2. Gorosei get hit and begin to transform to zoan forms
3. Sabo attacks imu who devours Sabos flame.
4. As Sabo falls to the ground in front of Cobra, blond gorosei jumps in front of Imu to protect him as the only one who was ready to act.
5. Once Sabo begins to run away Blond gorosei realizes there’s no threat to imu and goes back to standing with the other gorosei as imu attacks Sabo.

Again, the reason I don’t think the creature on the top is imu comes from I refuse to believe oda would fuck up drawing the first gorosei like that. And since he showed the blond gorosei noticing the attack, it makes sense he’d be the one to act.

But again, I also can see why people believe it’s just imu
Number 4 and 5 make no sense and arent even conveyed on the page lmao

Hes not shown jumping then going back to the exact same spot he was in beforehand....

Why is it so hard to believe Imu transformed and is crawling down the steps? It quite literally fits the intent of the paneling as opposed to irrationally explaining where Blondie went off panel.

That middle shadow is also WAY larger than the rest. Blondie is shown to be the same size as the rest when they are running away

I'm not sure. Outside of The Jaygarcia and the Donquixote, Oda hasn't really introduced any celestial dragons families. Like, we still don't know Charloss' family. It was emphasized recently that the Donxquiote family is unusual, and we don't know if the other families know about Imu's existence like Doffy does.
Considering Gorosei have planet names as clan name Imu probably something similar.

The paneling and order literally proves you wrong lmao. It 100% IS Imu considering he literally transforms the page before.

You get your "reveal" of them the following page, still in order. I truly cannot comprehend why you are fighting so hard on this, its just point blank obvious on what Oda is conveying here.

They are also not even revealed. They are silhouettes, who cares about how they are presented? If Oda wanted to draw blondie as a small blob, who actually gives a fuck? Hes right there the next page with his mouth open, in the EXACT spot he was in before transforming.
How many times do I have to say the reveal the next page is symbolic?

Look at that head. Notice anything missing? Like… a body? It’s not shown, because that Gorosei is much bigger than the others and so Oda only puts his head to convey that. Your argument the thing represented by a massive head is somehow absolutely tiny on the previous panel. Instead of the obvious big head being giant silhouette.

It also looks nothing like this random thing you apparently think is a Gorosei

The Gorosei transform

One of them (blondie) is a giant and massively bigger than the others. That means for the panel they need to be further back on over the throne. Whether Sabo hits Imu or not is irrelevant to this point.

The next panel is symbolic of Sabo fleeing the group. You have five silhouettes to match the five clear silhouettes from the last panel. One of the silhouettes is just a giant head… because it’s the giant from the previous panel.

Notably, Imu is still just a shadow. We don’t see a body shape for them, just a pair of eyes in the darkness. Which wouldn’t need to be the case if Imu had literally been revealed as a bloody big giant a few panels earlier.

Your explanation is that this

looks like this. Or indeed like anything

And this doesn’t

Again the problem comes from there’s two panels highlighting them.

One which focuses on the gorosei where they are the central figures, another highlighting imu. The idea that oda would make only 4 gorosei appear may be one of the worst look ever and even odas editors would call him out on it, especially since it’s clear oda could draw all five in their positions just as he did In the next panel.

The second issue comes from the fact that the humanoid giant on the stairs, does not give the vibe of imu compared to the panel immediately following them with the five gorosei and imu.

The way I see the progress was:
1. Sabo attacks the gorosei, blond gorosei notices the attacks
2. Gorosei get hit and begin to transform to zoan forms
3. Sabo attacks imu who devours Sabos flame.
4. As Sabo falls to the ground in front of Cobra, blond gorosei jumps in front of Imu to protect him as the only one who was ready to act.
5. Once Sabo begins to run away Blond gorosei realizes there’s no threat to imu and goes back to standing with the other gorosei as imu attacks Sabo.

Again, the reason I don’t think the creature on the top is imu comes from I refuse to believe oda would fuck up drawing the first gorosei like that. And since he showed the blond gorosei noticing the attack, it makes sense he’d be the one to act.

But again, I also can see why people believe it’s just imu
I think this is correct. The 5th missing creature is telling

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
I think after a long time we got some dope chapters back to back. Since wano ended op had been fun to read.

Interestingly imu didn't know about Lily being D. But definitely he is behind LiLy disappearance.

So, I am not sure anymore about IMU being a D himself

How many times do I have to say the reveal the next page is symbolic?

Look at that head. Notice anything missing? Like… a body? It’s not shown, because that Gorosei is much bigger than the others and so Oda only puts his head to convey that. Your argument the thing represented by a massive head is somehow absolutely tiny on the previous panel. Instead of the obvious big head being giant silhouette.

It also looks nothing like this random thing you apparently think is a Gorosei

The Gorosei transform

One of them (blondie) is a giant and massively bigger than the others. That means for the panel they need to be further back on over the throne. Whether Sabo hits Imu or not is irrelevant to this point.

The next panel is symbolic of Sabo fleeing the group. You have five silhouettes to match the five clear silhouettes from the last panel. One of the silhouettes is just a giant head… because it’s the giant from the previous panel.

Notably, Imu is still just a shadow. We don’t see a body shape for them, just a pair of eyes in the darkness. Which wouldn’t need to be the case if Imu had literally been revealed as a bloody big giant a few panels earlier.

Your explanation is that this

looks like this. Or indeed like anything

And this doesn’t

Because you are wrong about it being "symbolic" when 4 of the 6 shadows clearly depict the same transfomations seen the page before.

Blondie never jumped to protect Imu, it was never shown on the page. Blondie is also not several times larger than the others and didnt randomly end back up in the same order he was in before transforming.

They are fucking silhouettes...done with this conversation man, this is dumb lmao