General & Others Is there any better manga than One Piece?

Is there any better manga than One Piece?

• NOPE

• YES, it's... (comment pls)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Also I've been on an Inoue phase recently which involved me reading Real for the first time and it is outstanding. And, unlike Vagabond, hasn't been given up on.

Berserk had its eight year boat trip on and off hiatus which was a horrible, horrible slog, but it's really picked up recently and is getting to the real meat of the plot.
really?? wow i'm missing out! really gotta start reading again soon

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
It depends what kind of story you like and there are different types of mangas and everyone can have different opinions.

In the classic shonen category One piece is maybe the best (Naruto, DBZ, Bleach, One piece, Fairy tail, MHA etc) : in this style One piece has amazing world building for him, characters, some plot , feeling, comedy etc and the length that is unequaled.
One piece is not perfect at all but this is a solid manga.

But you also have more mature manga like AOT or Berserk or Monster.
It is impossible to compare One piece to those.

In the classic shonen category One piece is maybe the best (Naruto, DBZ, Bleach, One piece, Fairy tail, MHA etc) : in this style One piece has amazing world building for him, characters, some plot , feeling, comedy etc and the length that is unequaled.
One piece is not perfect at all but this is a solid manga.
In regards to Shounen i think it comes down to One piece or Hxh.

Mha is totally overrated imo. Naruto is nostalgic to me, same for Bleach, but i would say that One piece is better than those two.

Depends on what you prioritise when it comes to manga. If you want an interesting narrative then OP will likely be considered one of the best.

But if you're focused on:

Great characters
Meaningful and continuous character progression,
Complex fights,
Hilarious comedy
Dynamic panelling
Strong execution of themes,
Heart moving emotion,
Communicative character designs

Then OP definetely isn't the best. And for some of these it's not even close. Many of these areas having greatly declined as the series went on despite originally being some of the strongest points about the manga.

There are a lot of manga you can point to that excels at each of these, but as an overall package, series that do it the best, and downright perfect in some areas would be: Kingdom, Haikyuu, Berserk, Attack on Titan. All of these are leaps and bounds above OP in quality which has been falling towards Naruto tier for a while now and can easily end up being worse considering Wano and how well Oda sticks the landing of the manga.

If looking at Jump's current line up, then OP isn't even in the top 5 most engaging series personally. But ultimately what you're looking for depends on personal preference, so there is no definitive "best manga", but some are certainly better than others in many areas.

Last edited:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Mha is totally overrated imo. Naruto is nostalgic to me, same for Bleach, but i would say that One piece is better than those two.
MHA is quite good and is not finished at all (currently it is great) and MHA has some strong and good themes that can elevate it a lot. Some parts are cliche but the whole show is enjoyable and can turn great later.

But yeah I agree that One piece in superior to naruto and bleach , with bleach being the weakest with DBZ

Last edited:

I think Onepiece is also so well liked because folks have been reading it for years.

I also founded MHA overrated in my first watch i.e S1. Bt it's getter better after that.
Quite a few to me personally.
  • Monster ( Naoki urasawa)
  • Berserk
  • Kingdom
  • Vagabond
  • Vinland saga
  • Hunter x Hunter
  • Death note
  • Rainbow nisha rokubou no shinchin
  • Psycho pass
  • Steins gate
  • 20th century boys
  • Code geass
That's good list there. Are the bolded ones recommended? Haven't seen em.

i definitely agree with you 👍
Post automatically merged:

Tons, any Mangas better than one piece
like what? boruto? LOL tell us then :)

i think MHA is a good manga, but no offense, i still think it's inferior to one piece in any aspects.

i really love the colorful characters of one piece, its amazing world building and its well fleshed out main cast both male and female.
Do I love MHA and one or two characters from MHA than one piece? Yes. MHA has a lot to catch up on. I love MHA for what it is but One Piece's world building and some of its most hype arcs are on another level.

is MHA overrated? i think so, imo it's just a mainstream typical hero story type of manga, and it's already been stated for years that MHA will overcome the big 3 (OP, Naruto, Bleach), which till now, no sign of it... in terms of popularity, maybe it overcome the big 3, but it will not as long as the big 3 have been, which make me think that MHA will never be a legendary manga

just my opinion tho, dont start a war pls

Post automatically merged:

bet u cant write LOL

Mha is One piece from Coby's perspective, meaning it's less manlier, Oda has a feel for old school samurai/western type stories, Mha is more p****fied

Deku is Coby
All Might Guy is shittier version of Garp, I roll my eyes when I see him be considerate to his students, Garp would drop love punches left & right
& he'd eat Endeavor's biscuits.

Luffy has princess harems, while Deku reads letters from 4 year old children

Too many chibi looking bitches

Government in Mha is 100 times less interesting than One Piece WG

And it has so many Naruto Part I ripoff moments, it's kinda annoying.

MHA went off the boil for me after One for All. I'm interested in individual characters, but as a whole the experience has kind of lost its lustre for me.

HxH's the same. I actively don't care about the majority of the characters including the four main ones, although Hisoka's always entertains if he counts as a fifth MC. The Phantom Troupe plot is really all that really keeps my interest there.