Controversial Kaido wasn't Awakened. Momonosuke will Awaken and prove it.

Here's why. Kaido himself explains it. An awakening is when your body AND mind catch up with your powers.

What do Kaido's powers mean, then? Let's look them up.

https://yokai.com/seiryuu/
He represents the virtue of benevolence.
https://sonofchina.com/what-does-the-azure-dragon-symbolize/
In Chinese mythology, it is linked to noble, divine, and auspicious characteristics [...] It is a strong and kind dragon [...] The Azure Dragon serves as a defender of the land and its inhabitants. It’s often linked to farming and agriculture because of the widespread belief that it can bring about rain and fertile conditions on the planet. [...]were revered as mighty and goodly creatures because of their collaborative efforts to restore peace and harmony to the world.
Hm.

Looks to me like his mind hasn't caught up with his powers yet... Someone else in the story fits this devil fruit much better.

Kaido's body caught up with his devil fruit, but his mind would never match it.

Momonosuke's mind is aligned with his devil fruit and his body will get there eventually. Will Vegapunk prove himself able to make a true replica?

I think so. But I hope this should be enough proof that Kaido wasn't Awakened, using lore and symbolism rather than powerscaling.

Looks to me like his mind hasn't caught up with his powers yet...
Pretty much, here's my take on his awakening
The first thing Oda did before we see Lucci fight is highlight his awakened form.

Oda had more than 20 chapters to mention such thing, which means there's no such thing lol

He has mastered his fruit naturally, but it doesn't really demand much skill as far as we know.
Momo already creates the exact same blast breath but with bad aim, he can also carry islands.
All that's left is for him to get used to this power as time passes by.

His flame bagua form doesn't really scream awakened zoan, we basically see how he does that. He breathes fire and coats himself with it.

I'm betting his Drunken Mode drives him closer to the full potential of his devil fruit, he loses whatever burdens his mind carries which makes him go full on his instincts.
However, he's not weak enough to become a complete simpelton like the ID jailers but also not mentally strong to fully awaken like Lucci

Even though I agree Kaido wasn't awakened and Momonosuke will probably awaken, I think people definitely look too far into how to awaken a fruit, even more if you consider you're basing it all on an unawakened character's opinion on awakening.

What do strings represent that Doflamingo's mind caught up with? Or Katakuri's mochi? It's just a power up mode that some achieve, not having to literally sync with some animal or creature's mindset, something that would only make sense for zoans in the first place.

Even though I agree Kaido wasn't awakened and Momonosuke will probably awaken, I think people definitely look too far into how to awaken a fruit, even more if you consider you're basing it all on an unawakened character's opinion on awakening.

What do strings represent that Doflamingo's mind caught up with? Or Katakuri's mochi? It's just a power up mode that some achieve, not having to literally sync with some animal or creature's mindset, something that would only make sense for zoans in the first place.
not necessarily.

doflamingo = strings = puppetry, control, manipulation, tying things together. his mind fits the nature of the powers perfectly imo.
katakuri = mochi = katakuri's entire life revolves around eating dessert and sticking to his family, and his devil fruit turns him into a sweet and sticky dessert. still works.

the other awakened zoans also make sense.

leopard = lucci = hes a killer, a hunter, and a predator. lucci's whole personality lines up with a killer cat that loves the hunt.
giraffe = kaku = hes insanely obsessed with giraffes and almost busted in his pants when he got the giraffe fruit. if anyone would awaken its kaku

kaido on the other hand just does not really resemble his devil fruit at all.

Kaido is awakened

Luffy's awakening is just his zoan full form
Kaidou's awakening is his berserk hybrid form & flaming bagua.

Mythical fruits are different
Kaido had zoan & hybrid form, access awakening when he buffs himself and uses flames
Luffy had only access to hybrid /partial hybrid forms before gaining zoan form (awakening/g5)

--Only reason Kaido didn't showed awakening was PLOT. Same for BM. Kata showed awakening but not BM. Awakening would have made them too powerful

--The theory you mentioned is decent like every a fruit needs to be aligned with the user's nature of mind -- Dragon fruit is protector good fruit and Kaido's emotions are opposite of that hence he didn't awakened. Its nice but also complete head canon.

--Imo oda had planned to give kaido awakening but due to film red he needed to beat Kaido fast hence he gave flame bagua instead of awakening. Hence his flashback was also minimized like that.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah. Its headcanon. Just like there is no explanation on why BM didn't used adv coc against kidd and law.

--Only reason Kaido didn't showed awakening was PLOT. Same for BM. Kata showed awakening but not BM. Awakening would have made them too powerful

--The theory you mentioned is decent like every a fruit needs to be aligned with the user's nature of mind -- Dragon fruit is protector good fruit and Kaido's emotions are opposite of that hence he didn't awakened. Its nice but also complete head canon.

--Imo oda had planned to give kaido awakening but due to film red he needed to beat Kaido fast hence he gave flame bagua instead of awakening. Hence his flashback was also minimized like that.

Yeah. Its headcanon. Just like there is no explanation on why BM didn't used adv coc against kidd and law.
It's not headcanon if it's what the plot tells you. Kaidos quote explains why he's not awakened but knows what it is.

By the way, there is also an explanation for big mom. Law and Kid never violated the pirate code the way P1 did. She treated them less seriously because they were just some young upstarts.

I like that you criticize this theory by calling it headcanon and then pull some headcanon completely out of your ass about film red and having to rush and minimize plot.

It's not headcanon if it's what the plot tells you. Kaidos quote explains why he's not awakened but knows what it is.

By the way, there is also an explanation for big mom. Law and Kid never violated the pirate code the way P1 did. She treated them less seriously because they were just some young upstarts
--Not really. Kaido never talks about himself or confirms he is not awakened. Something like this should have definitely expanded as it was perfect time for it through Kaido.

More than likely oda changed his mind about giving Kaido awakening due to film red promotion schedule.

--Not really. Kaido never talks about himself or confirms he is not awakened. Something like this should have definitely expanded as it was perfect time for it through Kaido.

More than likely oda changed his mind about giving Kaido awakening due to film red promotion schedule.
Most likely Kaido was simply never planned to be awakened, because his character is the exact opposite of his devil fruit

Most likely Kaido was simply never planned to be awakened, because his character is the exact opposite of his devil fruit
No. Every main big bad luffy faced had awakening -- Doffy , Kata etc. Kaido's short FB also can be explained as a result. Even greenbull getting the treatment also.

@ArturCantSpeakJapanese

BM recognized Law and kidd as a significant threat also. So your point is wrong about her.