General & Others Why is Gin Overrated?

i love gin, but it seems like people love him too much that he kinda got overrated...

it's not just because the speculation of him being one of the F6 members that happened recently, but i remember that gin was also speculated to be the 7th warlord before weevil got introduced

considering outside of SHP, the only EB pirates luffy has encountered and made it to the NW is only buggy (plus his crew), and that was cos of his crazy luck, which i reckon gin didn't have (his crew encountered mihawk just after they entered grand line)

no hate towards gin, but what in the world so special about him that made people believe he could be a member of the F6 or shichibukai?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Gin was a very intriguing character with clear moral conflicts about serving a bad guy, and there was an implication that we would see him again down the (Grand) line, that’s why people speculate he could be back as someone of more importance than before. I don’t think he’s overrated; at the very least, it seems like he’s not being powerscaled in the Battledome. A lot of readers just wanna see him come back and find out what happened to him since he was on the verge of death after Luffy’s tilt with Don Krieg.

Gin was a very intriguing character with clear moral conflicts about serving a bad guy, and there was an implication that we would see him again down the (Grand) line, that’s why people speculate he could be back as someone of more importance than before. I don’t think he’s overrated; at the very least, it seems like he’s not being powerscaled in the Battledome. A lot of readers just wanna see him come back and find out what happened to him since he was on the verge of death after Luffy’s tilt with Don Krieg.
yeah i know he's very popular, and i would ABSOLUTELY LOVING IT to see he come back... and imo it would not be surprising if he actually left that dork krieg, but it's just too much thinking that he is F6 / Shichibukai level

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
yeah i know he's very popular, and i would ABSOLUTELY LOVING IT to see he come back... and imo it would not be surprising if he actually left that dork krieg, but it's just too much thinking that he is F6 / Shichibukai level
Perhaps some folks have taken the integration of Lucci/Kaku into CP-0 to mean that any/all pre-time skip characters could come back more powerful than ever. Plus, if Gin does show up in the New World, the assumption is that he’s at least strong enough to survive there. Still, to place him higher than veteran level seems like a fool’s errand to me.

Last edited:
Perhaps some folks have taken the integration of Lucci/Kaku into CP-0 to mean that any/all post-time skip characters could come back more powerful than ever. Plus, if Gin does show up in the New World, the assumption is that he’s at least strong enough to survive there. Still, to place him higher than veteran level seems like a fool’s errand to me.
going from cp9 tp cp0 was kinda normal for me, but from a mere EB pirate to a member of yonko pirates' elite group would be a ridiculous imo... can't blame them tho, tbh it would be a waste for such a dope character to not make any come back at all

In which sense overrated? I think he could give current Sanji a run for his money power level wise
How is Gin overrated LOL?:kaidowhat:He makes Sanji struggled so you know he's a beast LOL:sanjimeh:
yup EB sanji, what makes u guys think that gin is shichibukai / F6 material?
Post automatically merged:

Being that he's the only other east blue villain teased to return that has yet to do so, it's why he's hyped atm.
wait, he has been teased? when??

baratie gin destroyed sanji, sure he was somewhat injured, so maybe putting gin >= sanji is reasonable.

If he is still alive and had similar growth, he might be around sanjis general level as well, making him a very strong character.

Also i just liked gin and would like to see him and sanji meeting
fair enough, if SHC could had a decent growth, then so could gin 👌