Jujutsu Kaisen, Chapter 226: Inhuman Makyo Shinjuku Showdown 4

Rate the chapter:

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Likely mistranslation. It's Sukuna saying his CT is much better.
It doesn't make sense for it to be Sukuna when it's an inner monologue that starts with an image of Gojo. Gojo is likely saying that cuz he believes that no one would survive hundreds of hits in his domain, and the fact that neither cleave nor dismantle can touch him.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
It doesn't make sense for it to be Sukuna when it's an inner monologue that starts with an image of Gojo. Gojo is likely saying that cuz he believes that no one would survive hundreds of hits in his domain, and the fact that neither cleave nor dismantle can touch him.
It makes sense for it to be Sukuna because he just destroyed Gojo's domain and is about to attack him relentlessly. Sukuna's domain just matched him inside the barrier on top of destroying it from the outside, so it doesn't make sense for Gojo to say it.

Why would Gojo say that his CT is better than Sukuna's when HE doesn't even know what Sukuna's CT is?

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
It makes sense for it to be Sukuna because he just destroyed Gojo's domain and is about to attack him relentlessly. Sukuna's domain just matched him inside the barrier on top of destroying it from the inside, so it doesn't make sense for Gojo to say it.
It doesn't make sense for the reasons I mentioned. And why would Sukuna have an inner monologue about it when he could and would trashtalk Gojo easily? The reason why it's an inner monologue is most likely cuz Gojo was not able to talk at that moment, mouth slashed, vocal cords whatever. There also must be some indicators cuz everyone, including every translator has interpreted it as Gojo saying it bar you lmao. Like I said it starts with Gojo. If it were Sukuna it could have been and should have been added to his panel, even just the start, so we know it's him.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Why would Gojo say that his CT is better than Sukuna's when HE doesn't even know what Sukuna's CT is?
He's just getting attacked by it? Nonetheless, it doesn't feel right when it's Sukuna who had the upper hand when this statement was made. It's not like Gojo's CT beats Sukuna's to say his CT is superior when the exact opposite happened when this statement was made.

It's clearly Gojo saying it. It's evident to anyone that's read one manga in their lives simply going by paneling.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
It doesn't make sense for the reasons I mentioned. And why would Sukuna have an inner monologue about it when he could and would trashtalk Gojo easily? The reason why it's an inner monologue is most likely cuz Gojo was not able to talk at that moment, mouth slashed, vocal cords whatever. There also must be some indicators cuz everyone, including every translator has interpreted it as Gojo saying it bar you lmao. Like I said it starts with Gojo. If it were Sukuna it could have been and should have been added to his panel, even just the start, so we know it's him.
Why would Gojo have it when his domain just failed? It doesn't sound right no matter how you look at it. You just got beat in a battle of domains, yet you think your domain is superior because you can end people with less number of attacks? lmao

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Gojo's six eyes can see cursed techs. Us not knowing what Sukuna's CT is doesn't mean Gojo doesn't know.

And like I said he's most likely basing it on the damage done/type of attacks being made etc.

It's clearly Gojo saying it. It's evident to anyone that's read one manga in their lives simply going by paneling.
I mean I agree, I think it's pretty clear. I've only seen the two Sukuna br0s above arguing it's Sukuna saying it lmao.

Why would Gojo have it when his domain just failed? It doesn't sound right no matter how you look at it. You just got beat in a battle of domains, yet you think your domain is superior because you can end people with less number of attacks? lmao
I literally just explained to you why Roger. Domain is not just CT. And his domain didn't lose because his CT was weaker but because Sukuna's domain was an open barrier one. Gojo didn't say his domain is superior, just that his CT is. Like I said if it was intended for Sukuna the paneling would have been different completely. I think the paneling is quite clear. And like I said those and most likely more indicators are used because everyone has interpreted it as Gojo saying it bar you. If you disagree, then it's better to agree to disagree because this won't lead anywhere.

Last edited:

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Lol, calm down, people. There is no need to stay salty forever about past disputes and bring them into every other discussion. It's no biggie who says it. I just think it makes sense for it to be Sukuna, and it's completely fine if it was Gojo. I am not really invested enough to lose sleep over such trivial matters lmao.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
I literally just explained to you why Roger. Domain is not just CT. And his domain didn't lose because his CT was weaker but because Sukuna's domain was an open barrier one. Gojo didn't say his domain is superior, just that his CT is. Like I said if it was intended for Sukuna the paneling would have been different completely. I think the paneling is quite clear. And like I said those and most likely more indicators are used because everyone has interpreted it as Gojo saying it bar you. If you disagree, then it's better to agree to disagree because this won't lead anywhere.
Isn't a DE basically one's innate CT manifested inside a barrier? Whatever it may be, it's no biggie. Let's see how Viz translates it.

It makes sense for it to be Sukuna because he just destroyed Gojo's domain and is about to attack him relentlessly. Sukuna's domain just matched him inside the barrier on top of destroying it from the outside, so it doesn't make sense for Gojo to say it.
Why would Gojo say his CT is better when he doesn’t know what Sukuna’s CT is?

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Isn't a DE basically one's innate CT manifested inside a barrier?
CT manifested in a domain built by cursed energy.

But domain clashes depend on the refinement of domains as well as compatibility and cursed energy

Like I said Sukuna's domain won cuz it was an open barrier one and Gojo's closed domain was weak to attacks from the outside, so it falls into compatibility I guess.

Whatever it may be, it's no biggie. Let's see how Viz translates it.
JJK Viz often ruins it ngl, but sure. I am pretty sure there'll be other translators doing breakdowns like that Lightning person, so we'll see.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
CT manifested in a domain built by cursed energy.

But domain clashes depend on the refinement of domains as well as compatibility and cursed energy
Like I said Sukuna's domain won cuz it was an open barrier one and Gojo's closed domain was weak to attacks from the outside, so it falls into compatibility I guess.
Well, their attacks also matched inside the barrier meaning Sukuna's the one who should come on top overall, which compelled me to believe the dialogue is from Sukuna. I certainly have memories of dialogues where one character is having an inner talk while another character is appearing on the panel, but I am too lazy to attack the superior reader bros who think I don't know how manga paneling works.

If the original translation does have the word Limitless in it, then there is no dancing around the fact that it's Gojo's dialogue. I'll check if it's there.

So if Gojo is the one saying his CT is better that implies he has the same or less intel about Sukuna’s abilities as Jogo.

Man had a whole month and didn’t even look up what happened in Shibuya. Actually braindead.