Jujutsu Kaisen, Chapter 226: Inhuman Makyo Shinjuku Showdown 4

Rate the chapter:

• Total voters
Fair enough about the point of Gojo "knowing" Sukuna's CT but imo it still doesn't make sense overall. Having 6 eyes justifies too many things and I doubt that Gege would make Gojo say that when we, the readers, didn't get to even see the CT in question.

However, I do agree that the effect of Infinity's DE is superior to Malevolent Shrine. Infinity fucks up your synapsis, no RCT can help you against that. But to break a lance for Sukuna, the only guys who survived that were Gojo (who is haxs made person and who sometimes has very convenient powers) and someone capable of adapting and evolving to counter everything (Mahogara or whatever his name is).

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Well, their attacks also matched inside the barrier meaning Sukuna's the one who should come on top overall, which compelled me to believe the dialogue is from Sukuna
Sukuna's domain came out on top because of the type of domain it is, not because his CT is superior. The more refined a domain is on the inside the weaker it is on the outside
Since Sukuna uses a domain with an open barrier
it clashes with the outer shell of the domain
and because it is an open type of domain, it destroyed Gojo's domain from the outside

In theory, if Gojo doesn't have to reinforce the outside like Sukuna seemingly doesn't have to, he should be able to win a clash on the inside. I guess we'll see.

I certainly have memories of dialogues where one character is having an inner talk while another character is appearing on the panel, but I am too lazy to attack the superior reader bros who think I don't know how manga paneling works.
I think it's pretty clear it's from Gojo. Don't be sly Roger. If you disagree like I said it's fine.

If the original translation does have the word Limitless in it, then there is no dancing around the fact that it's Gojo's dialogue. I'll check if it's there.
Afaik it says CT but all the translators have attributed it to Gojo.

And why exactly can't he figure out Sukuna's CT, without disclosing it to the audience?
Because Sukuna told Jogo that he wouldn’t cheat and reveal his technique after saying open, implying that “open” is a stronger indicator of Sukuna’s technique.

Since Gojo hasn’t seen Sukuna use “open” he can’t have seen the cursed energy flow of that ability yet.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Fair enough about the point of Gojo "knowing" Sukuna's CT but imo it still doesn't make sense overall. Having 6 eyes justifies too many things and I doubt that Gege would make Gojo say that when we, the readers, didn't get to even see the CT in question.
I mean we also don't know how Okkotsu copies others' CT but characters in the show should know. Most of the time such a thing is kept hidden from the audience. I am not saying Gojo definitely knows what it is, but he could, plus it's possible like I said he's basing it on the type of damage, etc.

However, I do agree that the effect of Infinity's DE is superior to Malevolent Shrine. Infinity fucks up your synapsis, no RCT can help you against that. But to break a lance for Sukuna, the only guys who survived that were Gojo (who is haxs made person and who sometimes has very convenient powers) and someone capable of adapting and evolving to counter everything (Mahogara or whatever his name is).
I don't think anyone thinks MS is weak or anything. Me calling it Malnourished Shrine is clearly a joke lol. It's an open type of domain, a divine feat, that can go toe to toe on the inside with Gojo's domain, while having the opportunity to exploit the major weakness of other domains due to type of domain it is. But it also speaks volumes of Gojo that he survived inside a domain as divine and deadly as Sukuna's without a CT and managed to outspeed a Sukuna boosted further in stats by his domain
gain the upperhand, blast him away resulting in him losing an eye and the skin and whatever on the left side of his face and trash the shrine.

Because Sukuna told Jogo that he wouldn’t cheat and reveal his technique after saying open, implying that “open” is a stronger indicator of Sukuna’s technique.

Since Gojo hasn’t seen Sukuna use “open” he can’t have seen the cursed energy flow of that ability yet.
It is confusing.
Lets try to make it simple;

Gojo currently knows Sukuna's in-domain CT only.
Based on that, Gojo is saying Limitless is greater than cut/slash.

Sukuna can use another CT after closing the domain, it can be different, like Flame arrow.

Can Sukuna use two CT inside his domain? I dont think so.

Gojo will be surprised next chapter when he is caught off-guard with flame arrow/OPEN, secondary CT or its application, whatever it is.

The fact remains, Sukuna can only use 1 CT inside his domain. And Gojo is speaking based on this CT.

It is confusing.
Lets try to make it simple;

Gojo currently knows Sukuna's in-domain CT only.
Based on that, Gojo is saying Limitless is greater than cut/slash.

Sukuna can use another CT after closing the domain, it can be different, like Flame arrow.

Can Sukuna use two CT inside his domain? I dont think so.

Gojo will be surprised next chapter when he is caught off-guard with flame arrow/OPEN, secondary CT or its application, whatever it is.

The fact remains, Sukuna can only use 1 CT inside his domain. And Gojo is speaking based on this CT.
We’ll find out soon ig

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
I agree that it's confusing. Gege needs to explain it well. Like as far as we've seen the guaranteed hit is usually an extension of the cursed technique so does that mean that Sukuna's CT is connected to cutting? If we subscribe to the storage theory why cleave and dismantle then? If he has stronger attacks than those why not make them his default ones? Why not combine all of them at once? If it's a limit to one, why go with cleave dismantle if you have stronger ones, etc?

I was being sarcastic to Kin
Gojo can see and figure out all other techniques
It’s never stated that Gojo can see all techniques, just that he can see the flow of cursed energy which makes it easy to figure out how stuff works.

In the example light provided Gojo could tell the technique from their energy after watching them use it. Hell, I could figure out their technique from seeing it an I can’t even see energy

but not Sukuna's because he didn't say open lol
So explain to me, how is Gojo supposed to “see” a technique that hasn’t been used.

He didn’t see Malovent Shrine before he got caught by it

It’s never stated that Gojo can see all techniques, just that he can see the flow of cursed energy which makes it easy to figure out how stuff works.

In the example light provided Gojo could tell the technique from their energy after watching them use it. Hell, I could figure out their technique from seeing it an I can’t even see energy

So explain to me, how is Gojo supposed to “see” a technique that hasn’t been used.

He didn’t see Malovent Shrine before he got caught by it
How has the technique not been used when an integral part of the technique is him slashing stuff

What the f has he been using so far then? Random air slashes that just so happen to come into existance

If we stick to the TCB translation I guess it's rather clear: "I'm glad... when it comes down to it... my limitless is better"
Gojo says he's glad that when it comes to domain Sukuna's not as hax than his own otherwise he'd be defeated already.

In fact that's right. Slashes are efficient and pretty graphic but lack hax. Gravity, black hole, infinity, soul manipulation are far more hax'd and RCT would be useless in a domain, but slashes can "easily" be countered IF one has enough RCT output / CE.

@NikaInParis
Jofo: “wait, isn’t Sukuna’s technique slicing and slashing everything.”

Sukuna: “don’t worry, I won’t cheat by revealing my technique” (referring to the fire he just brought out or how he brought it out)

There’s no way people actually think the king of curses main ability is going to be tank-able air cuts.
:shame:

Hopefully his CT isn't stealing other's CT. Imo it's very boring and a cheap way of making someone op without having to think about how to make him strong.
The CT is definitely the shrine but how he gets techniques in it is yet to be seen.

It could be something like Rika/Yuta or it could be cursed tool, who knows.