Jujutsu Kaisen, Chapter 226: Inhuman Makyo Shinjuku Showdown 4

Rate the chapter:

• Total voters
Poison? Sounds weird but cooking deadly poisonous fish is one of the most refined japanese spaciality. Cooks must remove the poisonous parts yes, but could Sukuna do the opposite?

We know that poison is the only thing RCT can't fix up after all. Would be hax.
Iirc sukuna is also known as the king of lethal poison

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
I mean he could have poison smth stashed up there but that wasn't what was said.

No that was a mistranslation. It referred to Sukuna as a poison.
ye i have seen this argument but never saw the conclusion

the other argument is that sukuna was just known as the king of curses , but just being the king of curses shouldnt allow u to be resistant to all type of poison if u look at the context .

the other argument is that sukuna was just known as the king of curses , but just being the king of curses shouldnt allow u to be resistant to all type of poison if u look at the context .
Iirc the point was about Sukuna's fingers (as the most cursed objects) were considered as deadly poisonous to any regular humans.

This said, I still think that poison could be part of his CT's set for the reasons mentionned above.

Cookink isn't just about slicing and baking, but mixing different ingredients that can be either healthy or poisonous.

In other words, cooking is the art of choosing and dosing ingredients.

As for the ancient greek concept of "pharmakon" (derived from the Greek source term ฯ†ฮฌฯฮผฮฑฮบฮฟฮฝ (phรกrmakon), a word that can mean either remedy, poison, or scapegoat depending on the good dosage ), cooking is also all about dosing.

(Dunno if clear)

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
I am not sure what you are referring to. That's not an argument. That's what the translation actually says according to the person who broke it down.

I want to point out something lost in translation that consequently makes people assumptions goe wild. Here in this part, Ryomen Sukuna is actually not referred to as the King of Lethal Poison in the original text. He is referred as his usual title: King of Curses. The better translation goes like this;

Itadori Yuuji is the vessel of King of Curse Ryomen Sukuna, that is a lethal poison.
The wrong translation makes it look like Sukuna uses poison technique, which isโ€ฆ not true for the time being. But, Sukuna (along with Itadori) does have immunity to any type of poison, because his fingers (and the very being that he is) are already lethal poison.
As well as another breakdown that says the same thing
Explaining while Yuuji could move despite being subjected to the brothersโ€™ technique]

โ€œYuji Itadori is Ryomen Sukunaโ€™s vessel, who is the king of lethal poisons. For this reason he is immune to all toxinsโ€ - wrong one

โ‡’ โ€œItadori Yuuji is the vessel of Ryoumen Sukuna - a lethal poison, the king of curses. Because of that he has resistance to all poisonsโ€ - correct one
There's the raw too so I am pretty sure you can ask someone like @EtenBoby or @PuckTheGreat or @Den_Den_Mushi to translate and it's gonna say the same thing as the ones I've bolded above

Sukuna is a poison, that is all special grade cursed objects are a lethal poison.
Verbatim stated in chapter 1 lol

And even alluded to in the line using poison to fend off poison. AKA stronger poison>>weaker one.
Since Yuji can consume and house Sukuna, the most lethal poison others don't affect him.

Like super late and really has nothing to do with this chapter, but am I the only one that has just now noticed that Sukuna is holding his trident in this panel lmao?

Also while scavenging for such things I found another interesting part

There had to be some indicator that pointed to it being Gojo bar the paneling like I mentioned Rogaaa.
Yeah, me and @EmperorKinyagi also discussed about the trident.
Sukuna is still a mystery.

I am not sure what you are referring to. That's not an argument. That's what the translation actually says according to the person who broke it down.

As well as another breakdown that says the same thing

There's the raw too so I am pretty sure you can ask someone like @EtenBoby or @PuckTheGreat or @Den_Den_Mushi to translate and it's gonna say the same thing as the ones I've bolded above

Sukuna is a poison, that is all special grade cursed objects are a lethal poison.
Verbatim stated in chapter 1 lol

And even alluded to in the line using poison to fend off poison. AKA stronger poison>>weaker one.
Since Yuji can consume and house Sukuna, the most lethal poison others don't affect him.
I see , I got the meaning
I thought yuji is resistant to the poison just cause sukuna is too
But I guess it means yuji is resistant to sukuna which is the most lethal poison , thus He should be resistant to other poisons too

Like super late and really has nothing to do with this chapter, but am I the only one that has just now noticed that Sukuna is holding his trident in this panel lmao?

Also while scavenging for such things I found another interesting part

There had to be some indicator that pointed to it being Gojo bar the paneling like I mentioned Rogaaa.
Damn I never ever fucking realised that
I guess sukunaโ€™s cursed tools are actually a decent part in his arsenal and itโ€™s not just for show

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Damn I never ever fucking realised that
I guess sukunaโ€™s cursed tools are actually a decent part in his arsenal and itโ€™s not just for show
Yeah I didn't see it till now either lmao.

I think it's more and more certain that the cursed tools are the stored version that are now exhibited in the form of CT.

You can maybe even argue that he's using his second left hand to hold that Vajra bow whatever it's called.

Which might go in line with a theory I had previously posted

His abilities correspond to old myths from a book that Gege mentioned previously.

In the book Ryomen Sukuna is depicted having four arms, using two swords and two bows. I think the swords correspond to Cleave and Dismantle, and the two bows correspond to the Fire Arrow and an eventual Thunder Arrow.

The trident that he is holding is associated with Shiva. That's where his fire arrow tech comes from.

The bow is Indra's weapon.

And I think this was also foreshadowed in chapter 12. Yuji mentions fire and thunder. We already know now Sukuna can fire fire arrows.

Last edited:
After breaking down Sukuna's domain, I realized why it's a divine technique and superior to Gojo and the reason is simple; unlike Gojo, when Sukuna uses his domain he gets dripped out. Like damn look at this:

That's fire bro. MS is superior because it gives the user an outfit to drip him out.
/Thread