Powers & Abilities Definitive proof that Kuzan was using aCoC against Garp.

We are going to go over all the different type if lightning haki streaks that Oda has drawn in his manga

1) CoA streaks

-CoA streaks are characterized by two things, they are very thin and they are not very long.
-We have never seen CoA lightning being projected far away in the distance as a result of a clash or impact

Different examples of CoA streaks

2) Base CoC streaks

-Base CoC streaks are the result of two CoC users clashing with each other
-They are just as thin as CoA streaks but unlike CoA streaks they always end up being projected far away in the distance

Different examples of CoC streaks

3) ACoC streaks

-aCoC streaks are both much thicker than CoA streaks and can affect an area just as large as CoC streaks

Different examples of aCoC streaks

4) The trail and sfx

-While it is true that Oda has often used a haki trail before the attack connects and the zap sfx to depict aCoC, it is completely false that you cant use aCoC without it being shown.
-Likewise a trail before the attack and the zap sfx doesn't always indicate use of aCoC

5) What about Kuzan then?

-Kuzan definitely used aCoC because as we can clearly see in his exchange with Garp, the haki streaks are both thick in the same fashion as the aCoC ones and are being projected into the sky even causing an explosion

Take also a look at Kuzan's fist, it is black and clearly coated in haki yet in the panel where he uses Ice Glove his fist is completely white
This indicates Kuzan hadn't even started coating his fist with haki at that point which debunks even further the argument that it isn't aCoC because we don't see a trail.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Really well done thread.

I'm nearly convinced now. Roger's kamusari didn't show the haki trail being loaded up in his blade prior to the attack either.

While Katakuri, Luffy, and Ulti were consistently loading up with a haki trail despite no advCoC being used.

Judging by the explosion and streaks looking exactly like galaxy fists's (and Shanks' kamusari) atleast Garp for sure was using it.

I don't think Oda really cares or thinks advCoC needs to be highlighted all the time. He never announced Yamato had it iirc it was very subtle with her too during the war. Either he is trolling or he just wanted people to focus on Kuzan and Garp matching each other since we already know Garp is using advCoC when he attacks.

I don't think it matters that much if Kuzan has it or not because he's matching the output either way but I'm more confident he might have it after reading this thread.

1) CoA streaks

-CoA streaks are characterized by two things, they are very thin and they are not very long.
I think the thickness and length depend on how strong the CoA is. Take Zangiri Mochi for example =>

-They are just as thin as CoA streaks
Base CoC can be pretty thick as well =>

4) The trail and sfx

-While it is true that Oda has often used a haki trail before the attack connects and the zap sfx to depict aCoC, it is completely false that you cant use aCoC without it being shown.
-Likewise a trail before the attack and the zap sfx doesn't always indicate use of aCoC
The trails that you have shown for AdCoA are not like the trails of attacks before AdCoC.
AdCoA Trails (that you have shown) =>
vs AdCoC trails =>

This is definitely the best thread showcasing this debate yet. And the only thing holding me back is just why oda didn’t confirm it.

Fodder is everywhere surely one of them could’ve said it. When a new character shows CoC we get that confirmation. We got it with Zoro and Yamato right before they used coating so not getting It with kuzan is a weird writing choice.