Powers & Abilities Definitive proof that Kuzan was using aCoC against Garp.

Let me simplify it.

CoA clash = Black Lightening streaks during 2 opposing Haki's clashing.

CoC coating = Black Streaks being coated on fists or the weapon of choice of the user. Last I checked Aokiji ain't showed that at all, so he ain't got that.

Anything else is just wishful or desperation from them people that used to say logia awakening > AdCoC lol. What changed? :milaugh:

Really well done thread.

I'm nearly convinced now. Roger's kamusari didn't show the haki trail being loaded up in his blade prior to the attack either.

While Katakuri, Luffy, and Ulti were consistently loading up with a haki trail despite no advCoC being used.

Judging by the explosion and streaks looking exactly like galaxy fists's (and Shanks' kamusari) atleast Garp for sure was using it.

I don't think Oda really cares or thinks advCoC needs to be highlighted all the time. He never announced Yamato had it iirc it was very subtle with her too during the war. Either he is trolling or he just wanted people to focus on Kuzan and Garp matching each other since we already know Garp is using advCoC when he attacks.

I don't think it matters that much if Kuzan has it or not because he's matching the output either way but I'm more confident he might have it after reading this thread.
Imo it's because it doesn't realy matter if Kuzan has COC coating or no, it may hurt COC wankers but it's just a bonus for a guy whose fighting style is much more based on his fruit abilities. And his flashback with Garp is more important. Oda doesn't write his manga with the same mindset as battledome junkies on WG lol.

I'm talking about with galaxy impact.

We see streaks but the shape looks more like CoA with thicker lines.

If he has it though he definitely used it in the last exchange as the impact was drawn in a similar way. We just don't see him initiate the attack.

Either Kuzan has it or he's matching it with his df.
The top right doesnt look like CoA, its CoC. Then the bottom right also has branches coming out of trails, which is not the case for the CoA trails before an attack =>

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Imo it's because it doesn't realy matter if Kuzan has COC coating or no, it may hurt COC wankers but it's just a bonus for a guy whose fighting style is much more based on his fruit abilities. And his flashback with Garp is more important. Oda doesn't write his manga with the same mindset as battledome junkies on WG lol.
I'd prefer it not be CoC i'd rather CoC not be something every single top tier possesses. Watching devil fruit users make up for it in other ways is much more exciting.
Post automatically merged:

The top right doesnt look like CoA, its CoC. Then the bottom right also has branches coming out of trails, which is not the case for the CoA trails before an attack =>
It looks the same to me but just thicker. If you look closely some of those coA panels have branches coming out of them too.

When Luffy, BM, Kaidou etc. used it, it looked more like a film/ silky texture. Garp's kinda looks like electricity/zappy.

I'd prefer it not be CoC i don't rather CoC not be something every single top tier possesses. Watching devil fruit users make up for it in other ways is much more exciting.
Exactly. At least one person is clearly using COC in this scene.
The scene is framed as characters having similar punch
So either is Kuzan is matching Garp's punch with his own COC or because of ice glove/COA (meaning COC is not all-powerful, but we knew it the moment Aramaki shrugged off Yamato's bonk)
Basically, take your poison admirals downpayers lol.

Garp was also weakened.

And why can't it compensate for ACoC? We're talking about one of the strongest logia in the verse, and Ice Glove could be Aokiji's strongest punching attack, comparable to Akainu's Meigo.
Because we are still talking about Garp and we are still talking about CoC infusion, which is a devastating weapon. Covering your fist in ice - which defining it as DF usage is a huge overstatement - and being younger doesn't make up for CoC infusion of a top tier.

I'd prefer it not be CoC i'd rather CoC not be something every single top tier possesses. Watching devil fruit users make up for it in other ways is much more exciting.
Unfortunately, that's not how it works in One Piece. "The world is convenient that way" as Kaido phrased it. Plus, I would hardly call covering your fist in ice "compensating with your devil fruit".

Because we are still talking about Garp and we are still talking about CoC infusion, which is a devastating weapon. Covering your fist in ice - which defining it as DF usage is a huge overstatement - and being younger doesn't make up for CoC infusion of a top tier.
Obviously Ice Glove is a good buff to Aokiji's striking otherwise he wouldn't have done it lol, to me it seems like you're just arguing from incredulity, you simply can't believe Aokiji's logia powers can compensate for ACoC, even though that's objectively what the manga shows...

But whatever, you can disagree all you want.

ZenZu

Unfortunately, that's not how it works in One Piece. "The world is convenient that way" as Kaido phrased it. Plus, I would hardly call covering your fist in ice "compensating with your devil fruit".
Well no. Some devil fruits are just built different.

Law's for example innately does more damage than 99% of other fruits and even majority of advCoC attacks once awakened.

And if the character has buffed up enough stats in other areas it could make sense. If Kuzan turns out to have CoC then unfortunately you're probably right.

Aokiji used his fruit to
I personally don't believe that a fist covered in ice and hardened with CoA would equate a fist covered in both CoA and CoC from the one called The Fist.
Even with coc zoro didn t overpowered king
Outside of Lunarian defense that soaks up any damage (even though King even in flames on started to display concern), Zoro obliterated King.

ZenZu

I personally don't believe that a fist covered in ice and hardened with CoA would equate a fist covered in both CoA and CoC from the one called The Fist.
I think if anyone could do it it's Kuzan. Since he was implied to mastered punching without df or haki involved too.

If Garp was going up against anyone else without advCoC in a fist exchange he would probably crush them. But Kuzan the Fist has god tier basics down to the point where his df can compensate.

^I also don't think covering your fist in ice, and a small amount at that as we can still see Kuzan's fingers, is doing much, I think it's more aesthetic than anything, especially since fruitless Kuzan's punch became strong enough to match prime Garp's punch (of course with haki Prime Garp would likely hit much harder, as dude it's one of the most pure hakiman of the series lol).
Personally I'm failry confident Kuzan used COC, as COC is clearly used in that exchange and Garp's haki was not drawn distinctively.
I wouldn't mind if ZenZu df+coa ends up being right, but I don't think Oda or the manga for that matter is going in that direction.