Do you like the Live Action Adaption?

• Total voters

CoC: Color of Clowns

Astrology is just Space Racism
So Buggy seems to appear at Baratie and Arlong too??
Considering that Buggy is going to become a pretty important character in the future, it makes sense to put him into East Blue a bit more. Also, if they want to make some other scenes more serious, having Buggy there to provide comedic humor to keep the overall tone of the original series could work well.

Same thing with Garp showing up now, so that he's not some random character when he meets Koby, rather than when he actually does in the original.

Hey, I'll take more Buggy.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Astrology is just Space Racism
I don't understand why we still don't know the actors Smoker and Tashigi. Jokes aside, can someone explain? I have only one version: they will not be in the series at all.
It's possible they are saving them for the Alabasta arc, since Logue Town just introduces them. Tashigi and Smoker really aren't necessary to make Logue Town work, though I'd miss Tashigi in the sword shop and Smoker with Dragon.

Still, it makes some sense to save them for a later Marine Base in Alabasta, if they're trying to consolidate the first season, and think Smoker and Tashigi would be too much.
Post automatically merged:

Probably they will go from Arlong Park to the
Grand Line.

Loguetown with Buggy, Alvida, Luffy and especially Smoker would probably take a lot of money for a epidose that wouldnt do much to the story.

I bet that in a Second Season they would introduce Smoker and Tashigi in the start of the Grand Line, being this secondary villain of the season that push the SH to Alabasta
Wait, this is actually a good point, are there ANY characters from Logue Town mentioned in the casting, that are exclusive to that island?

Starting the second season with Logue Town then going into the Grand Line and Alabasta would make sense.

Episodes:
1: Logue Town, Reverse Mountain (ends with Laboon)
2. Laboon and Whisky Peak (ends with Vivi revealed as a princess)
3. Whiskey Peak and beginning of Little Garden (ends with Giant reveal)
4. Little Garden (ends with Mr. 3's defeat)
5. Leaving Little Garden, Nami sickness, beginning of Drum (Chopper and Kureha teased)
6. Blackbeard tease, Dalton introduction, Wapol introduction (could before, too), Luffy climbs the mountain with Vivi and Nami (chapter ends after Nami and Luffy meet Chopper), Wapol beats Dalton, Vivi reverie flashback, beginning of Chopper flashback
7. Chopper flashback, Wapol fight, big Drum finale
8 and after would be all Alabasta, which would take 4 episodes at least to be done right, IMO, preferably 5.

This would leave us at 11-12 episodes, which I think would be pretty doable, especailly if this season goes well and they get support from Netflix.

Last edited:
Hello. I'm sorry to ask you, but no one else answers. Do you know why we still don't know the actors Smoker and Tashigi? This seems super weird to me.
I think the season ends with Arlong Park. The barrel scene with the crew is probably the final shot.

Who do you think they should cast for Smoker and Tashigi ?

Don't think live-action and anime go together all that well tbh.

When Cowboy Bebop got a live-action adaptation, the series turned out to be a failure, unfortunately.
Cowboy Bebop failed because it has modern setting with some extra's, somehing what any other series could have, or even lesser.

One Piece LA is basically next PK for people, with humor and adventures, and different from modern world setting.

Am i the only who thinks trailer was ok ? You guys have huge expectation its not produced by James Cameron or big hollywood studio.

Temper your expectation with Netflix cgi , i am pretty sure even oda swallowed his pride .

Shanks looks like a homeless hobo.
He is supposed to look like one. Pirates are mostly homeless robber very accurate portryal .

Last edited:
Am i the only who thinks trailer was ok ? You guys have huge expectation its not produced by James Cameron or big hollywood studio.

Temper your expectation with Netflix cgi , i am pretty sure even oda swallowed his pride .

He is supposed to look like one. Pirates are mostly homeless robber very accurate portryal .
Even more that Shanks didn't look cool or something at the beginning.
His badass moment was against lord of the coast.

Badass design Shanks started when clashed WB I think.

Wait, this is actually a good point, are there ANY characters from Logue Town mentioned in the casting, that are exclusive to that island?

Starting the second season with Logue Town then going into the Grand Line and Alabasta would make sense.

Episodes:
1: Logue Town, Reverse Mountain (ends with Laboon)
2. Laboon and Whisky Peak (ends with Vivi revealed as a princess)
3. Whiskey Peak and beginning of Little Garden (ends with Giant reveal)
4. Little Garden (ends with Mr. 3's defeat)
5. Leaving Little Garden, Nami sickness, beginning of Drum (Chopper and Kureha teased)
6. Blackbeard tease, Dalton introduction, Wapol introduction (could before, too), Luffy climbs the mountain with Vivi and Nami (chapter ends after Nami and Luffy meet Chopper), Wapol beats Dalton, Vivi reverie flashback, beginning of Chopper flashback
7. Chopper flashback, Wapol fight, big Drum finale
8 and after would be all Alabasta, which would take 4 episodes at least to be done right, IMO, preferably 5.

This would leave us at 11-12 episodes, which I think would be pretty doable, especailly if this season goes well and they get support from Netflix.
The season probably will be 8 Episodes.

Also i doubt that they would make all those arcs, Whiskey Peak, Little Garden and Reverse Mountain key events can be mixed in the same thing.

Episode 1 & 2 - Enter in the Grand Line, meet Vivi, fight against agents of the Baroque Works(mr3 or mr5), introduction of Crocodile and Robin.

Episode 3 & 4 - Drum Island, ends with Ace teasing

Episodes 5 to 8 - Alabasta

I really belive some things will have to be cut because esther they dont make Sense in a live action, like Laboon, or they arent that much relevant to the story (like Loguetown).

I also think would be ok if they introduce Smoker and Tashigi already in the Grand Line, with they going after the SH after the episode 2 and them following them to Alabasta, as a device to push crew to next location, but wouldnt doubt that they cut they all.

People will have to understand that in a Second Season much of the budget will go to the Devil fruits with Crocodile, Ace, Wapol, Mr.1 and Luffy powers using most of it, and add that to Chopper, that probably will be full CG, and they for sure will cut things that add little to the story but use a lot of money like Little Garden, Laboon and Smoker.