Future Events On Zoro vs Shiryu

Which is it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Garp didn't go down to a single stab lmfao.

Y'all kill me. Kidd endured a stab and tons more in the middle of battle.

Obviously majority of the fight was offpanelled. The stab was to give Garp a justification for losing as fast as he did, but that alone wouldn't even come close to putting him down.

Even at the end Kuzan could freeze the sea rendering all of the marines efforts useless, but Garp likely held Kuzan off for long enough for the rest to escape, which would need to be a substantial time. As Kuzan can instantly freeze the sea far as the eye can see. So their ship had to have sailed for god knows how long, before Kuzan put an end to Garp.

Out of the commanders, Shiryu by far was the most important factor, but Kuzan was like ten times a bigger factor in the entire event.

If I had to put a percentage on it.

It'd go Kuzan 90%, Shiryu 10%. Without Shiryu's intervention Garp is most likely still not winning, without Kuzan's involvement Garp is leaving Hachinosu on the ship eating a bag of crackers, and maybe a couple injuries. While the BBPs are buried six feet deep.
Kuzan 90% and Shiryu 10%? :gokulaugh: Dude is working overtime to be the most notorious admiral wanker on this site

Shiryu alone was singled out from the rest of the goons from Impel Down.
Blackbeard Pirates are basically Teach + Kuzan + Shiryu + Original Members (4) + Impel Down Recruits (4).
Here we had Kuzan, Shiryu and 3 of the 4 Impel Down recruits v. Garp & SWORD.

And outside of Kuzan, Shiryu was clearly singled out from the crowd. He wasn't just another nameless "mere Commander" like Wolf or Shot or Pizarro but even Garp recognized him as Shiryu the former Warden of Impel Down.

Shiryu is strong, he has his own Hype separate from BBP and is better than 99% of Commanders. He just isn't better than the Beckmann/Zoro types (CoC using Vice Captains) imo.
He wasn't singled out
Garp literally calls him "small thug" as he slams him like some weakling with shiryu looking shook

Shiryu didn't get any hype
He's just a dude who got beaten by Magellan

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
That means we underestimated Shiryu. Zoro already proved himself, so we have a general idea of how powerful he is. Shiryu's the unknown variable here.
It just makes no sense for a CoC using swordsman to clash equally with someone who doesn't use CoC.
It's not like Shiryu can upgrade his striking strength with his DF either.

@JoNdule just cannot decide between downplaying Shiryu and maintaining Shiryu as being stronger than Zoro lmfao.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Kuzan 90% and Shiryu 10%? :gokulaugh: Dude is working overtime to be the most notorious admiral wanker on this site
I think I might be being generous to Shiryu there.

>Remove Kuzan from Hachinosu and the BBP are getting ragdolled, Coby is saved and Garp leaves the island, without much issue.
>Remove Shiryu from Hachinosu and Garp is still losing, just not nearly as fast because Shiryu gave him a critical injury.

I don't care for cartoon characters enough to be lying in a serious post, I'll be fine. We saw what we saw, Shiryu did damage. He was not even close to the most important factor in the fight, the way to tell is to remove Kuzan from the fight and then see how disingenuous you sound.
Post automatically merged:

He did the damage that severely weaken Garp. How would that be laugh at
They would be laughed at. Full stop. Don't be stupid.

Replace Shiryu with Mihawk, Shanks, another Admiral. They would basically lose their top tier status for that showing.

What exactly did Shiryu?
Kuzan did the most work and damage
Kuzan was having a friendly brawl with his sensei while Shiryu went for the kill, Oda tried to spoonfeed you guys, you still cant see =>

You had a decent point till you said nearly all out vs Momo. You definitely trolling
Greenbull did say this :handsup: =>

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Kuzan was having a friendly brawl with his sensei while Shiryu went for the kill, Oda tried to spoonfeed you guys, you still cant see =>
Just another moment where sword/weapons shits on blunt force damage.

But let's keep it real, Shiryu won't do nearly as much damage like he did nor would he last as long as Kuzan did vs old Garp.

I think I might be being generous to Shiryu there.

>Remove Kuzan from Hachinosu and the BBP are getting ragdolled, Coby is saved and Garp leaves the island, without much issue.
>Remove Shiryu from Hachinosu and Garp is still losing, just not nearly as fast because Shiryu gave him a critical injury.

I don't care for cartoon characters enough to be lying in a serious post, I'll be fine. We saw what we saw, Shiryu did damage. He was not even close to the most important factor in the fight, the way to tell is to remove Kuzan from the fight and then see how disingenuous you sound.

They would be laughed at. Full stop. Don't be stupid.

Replace Shiryu with Mihawk, Shanks, another Admiral. They would basically lose their top tier status for that showing.
I know why you are fuming. The Hachinosu fight made it look like Kuzan needed Shiryu's help to beat 78 year old retired Garp . Thats why you are coming up with all the excuses in the world to downplay Shiryu's contribution.

Just another moment where sword/weapons shits on blunt force damage.

But let's keep it real, Shiryu won't do nearly as much damage like he did nor would he last as long as Kuzan did vs old Garp.
Did I ever say Shiryu beats old Garp?

That means we underestimated Shiryu. Zoro already proved himself, so we have a general idea of how powerful he is. Shiryu's the unknown variable here.
Nah it means you're doing the same mistakes you did with King and overrtaing Zoro still

Shiryu is a weakling but still above Zoro slightly right now
Same way King was >~ Enma Zoro (pre CoC)

It just makes no sense for a CoC using swordsman to clash equally with someone who doesn't use CoC.
It's not like Shiryu can upgrade his striking strength with his DF either.

@JoNdule just cannot decide between downplaying Shiryu and maintaining Shiryu as being stronger than Zoro lmfao.
I never once said Shiryu is below Zoro
It doesn't change the fact Shiryu isn't who you guys thought he'd be

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Did I ever say Shiryu beats old Garp?
No.
I'm just saying that what @ZenZu said had merit - Shiryu might have done "more" damage vs old Garp but that doesn't translate to 1v1 capabilities, especially when comparing with someone who lasted 10 days vs Akainu.

I never once said Shiryu is below Zoro
It doesn't change the fact Shiryu isn't who you guys thought he'd be
What did i think Shiryu was, lol?

So far, Shiryu has nothing on rooftop Zoro (> King too), let alone KoH. :kayneshrug:

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
No.
I'm just saying that what @ZenZu said had merit - Shiryu might have done "more" damage vs old Garp but that doesn't translate to 1v1 capabilities, especially when comparing with someone who lasted 10 days vs Akainu.

So far, Shiryu has nothing on rooftop Zoro (> King too), let alone KoH. :kayneshrug:
We've not seen his 1 vs 1 capabilities. So it works both ways

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Nah it means you're doing the same mistakes you did with King and overrtaing Zoro still

Shiryu is a weakling but still above Zoro slightly right now
Same way King was >~ Enma Zoro (pre CoC)
No one made any mistakes with King. It's just that no one in their right mind expected him to have a defense that surpasses Kaido's. I was actually one of the first people to notice King's impeccable defensive capabilities, yet even I didn't think Zoro wouldn't be able to scratch King when he could comfortably hurt Kaido. Peeps judged King based on that bumass Mochi and ended up being wrong as he turned out to be OP'er than what most of us expected.

No.

:kayneshrug:King did what to be >= pre CoC Zoro? Nothing
Same way Shiryu >= Current Zoro

He's zoros next fight, he'd need literally a PU to win
If you need PU to win then you're weaker!

KoH doesn't mean Zoro has everything to beat people on the same level/stronger than him
AP isn't everything to fights!

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
We've not seen his 1 vs 1 capabilities. So it works both ways
We did saw it, albeit before the fruit. (vs Magellan).
We're basically comparing Magellan's near equal to Akainu's near equal.

Unless you think Magellan is on that level like @nik87 does, then there is no debate to be had.

Reg, vs Zoro - as i said, i will acknowledge Shiryu once he shows Conquerors coating. Else it's just gonna be a game of hide and seek.

No one made any mistakes with King. It's just that no one in their right mind expected him to have a defense that surpasses Kaido's. I was actually one of the first people to notice King's impeccable defensive capabilities, yet even I didn't think Zoro wouldn't be able to scratch King when he could comfortably hurt Kaido. Peeps judged King based on that bumass Mochi and ended up being wrong as he turned out to be OP'er than what most of us expected.
You guys can't scale
Rooftop was a filler team fight which never translated to anyone's true PL bar maybe Luffy who had to 1v1 Kaido for sometime before losing

People like me (sane fans) knew King would give Zoro a tough fight and would lose easily once Zoro powers up

But as usual Zoro fans can't scale
Instead of accepting Zoro isn't on the level they thought, you boost the opponent to cope