Current Events Why Are People So Convinced it's 9 VAs vs Strawhats?

Will each of the 9 Strawhats fight one of the 9 Vice Admirals

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Admittedly, 9 vs 9 does fit very well.

But:

1. The Strawhats force is larger than just the 9 Strawhats:
  • Lucci
  • Kaku
  • Stussy
  • Bonney
  • Sentomaru
  • The other satellites (?)

2. The 9 Strawhats aren't the strongest characters on the Strawhats' side.

The three CP-0 agents seem stronger than all Strawhats bar the monster quartet.

And if the CP-0 agents betray them, they again become enemies for the Strawhats (with superior portrayal to the 9 VAs).

But it doesn't seem like they intend to do so.

3. The 9 Vice Admirals aren't the strongest on the Navy/WG's side:
  • S-Hawk
  • S-Bear
  • S-Snake
  • S-Shark
  • Any other Seraphim Saturn brought along

With Saturn at Egg Head, he'll presumably regain control of the Seraphim.

The 4 Seraphim are stronger than the majority of the 9 VAs, and plausibly all of them.

Furthermore, these Seraphim are way, way, more hyped and relevant to the story than the 9 VAs.

It is for these Seraphim that the Shichibukai were disbanded. And the Shichibukai have always been given far superior portrayal to VAs (Doflamingo's debut was literally toying with VAs).

There's a real sense in which the Seraphim are the "main antagonists" of Egghead moreso than the 9 VAs.

The 9 VAs aren't necessarily the calamities + Tobi Roppo of Egg Head. At least their current portrayal doesn't support it. If anything most of them seem to be more like the Numbers.

The Seraphim have portrayal closer to that of the Tobi Roppo.

They've been given the highlighted focus, clashed with the strongest members of the Strawhats etc.

9 VAs vs 9 Strawhats ignores the elephant in the room that is the 4+ Seraphim.

Cc: @Paperchampion23, @Sir Yasheen, @Elder Lee Hung, @MarineHQ, @SakazOuki, @LANJI CUCKSMOKE.

Oda wouldn’t do Seraphin again

But people are insane if they think Oda is doing 1 on 1 fights with the Vice Admirals

They’re here to clash with few Straw Hats and CP0 so they don’t not do anything whilst actual plot happens with Saturn Vegapunk Kizaru Luffy and some others and ancient robot

9 vice admirals + 30.000 soldiers + 1 admiral + 1 Gorosei

vs

10 Strawhats + Vegapunk + Stussy + Sentoumaru + Pacifistas

And there's the Seraphs that likely Saturn will take control of when he reveals himself. And the CP0 are wild cards.

If there's a 1vs1, some of those VAs are going to be halfshot both from a powerlevel perspective and from a sheer number perspective.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Oda wouldn’t do Seraphin again

But people are insane if they think Oda is doing 1 on 1 fights with the Vice Admirals

They’re here to clash with few Straw Hats and CP0 so they don’t not do anything whilst actual plot happens with Saturn Vegapunk Kizaru Luffy and some others and ancient robot
Oda did the Tobi Roppo again though?

Ulti fought:
  • Luffy
  • Yamato
  • Linlin
  • Nami

Page One fought:
  • Sanji
  • Usopp
  • Linlin

So I don't agree with this. Doesn't make much sense for the Seraphim to sit things out either since Saturn can just take control of them.

Not every straw hat and vice admiral will perfectly get matched up. At the same time for the stawhats that do get fights they’ll more likely than not be matched up with vice admiral

The Blackbeard pirates should be taken out yet. When they do it should be with the rest of their crew.
laffitte and Devon beating Lucci and stussy would be hype tho. Maybe kaku instead of Lucci but still

They already dealt with the kid seraphim during the mini timeskip. If zoro and sanji end up being stalled again for 5+ chapters by hawk and shark…
:lawsigh:

Oda did the Tobi Roppo again though?

Ulti fought:
  • Luffy
  • Yamato
  • Linlin
  • Nami

Page One fought:
  • Sanji
  • Usopp
  • Linlin

So I don't agree with this. Doesn't make much sense for the Seraphim to sit things out either since Saturn can just take control of them.
See the fact is that we’ve already seen half of the Seraphin fight the Straw Hats this arc

look what you said about Wano. Each character who fought them was different.

The Seraphin will play a role but it’s most likely that they’re just going back to the Marines so they can have them all back with the others ones that were introduced a few chapters ago

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
They already dealt with the kid seraphim during the mini timeskip.
:lawsigh:
No most likely they regained control of the Seraphim once York was dealt with.

If zoro and sanji end up being stalled again for 5+ chapters by hawk and shark…
The Seraphim have superior portrayal to the VAs though.

The Blackbeard pirates should be taken out yet. When they do it should be with the rest of their crew.
I don't understand this sentence.

BTW do we know which Blackbeard Pirates are in the vicinity of Egghead?

At the same time for the stawhats that do get fights they’ll more likely than not be matched up with vice admiral
This is on an assumption that the VAs are the Tobi Roppo of this arc, but it's that assumption I'm sceptical of.

Only maybe two or three Vice Admirals the SHs might not fight and those SHs are going to be between Nami, Chopper, and Usopp.

But when it comes to the rest of the SHs, they are going to be fighting the Vice Admirals.

Bonney and Stussy might help out, we don't know what Lucci and Kaku will end up doing.

Also those who don't end up having their own fights will probably be fighting the fodders.

There is a reason why Oda brought 1 Admiral and 9 Vice Admirals, this is to match the Straw Hat Pirates 10 member crew.

I agree some of the VCs may be fodder as well but good match up lower trio like ussop , nami and chopper they barely had fight in wano.

Nami v doll is definately happening thats a given .

Zoro and Sanji will face admiral candidates VAs i am pretty two of the nine are pretty strong.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
See the fact is that we’ve already seen half of the Seraphin fight the Straw Hats this arc

look what you said about Wano. Each character who fought them was different.

The Seraphin will play a role but it’s most likely that they’re just going back to the Marines so they can have them all back with the others ones that were introduced a few chapters ago
Saturn is here and he holds ultimate authority over the Seraphim.

Plus York has been captured by the Strawhats and the Gorosei need her for the Mother Flame. They can't afford to lose her here.

But:

• Lucci
  • Kaku
  • Stussy
  • Bonney
  • Sentomaru

And if the CP-0 agents betray them, they again become enemies for the Strawhats (with superior portrayal to the 9 VAs).

• S-Hawk
  • S-Bear
  • S-Snake
  • S-Shark

The 4 Seraphim are stronger than the majority of the 9 VAs, and plausibly all of them.

Furthermore, these Seraphim are way, way, more hyped and relevant to the story than the 9 VAs.

It is for these Seraphim that the Shichibukai were disbanded. And the Shichibukai have always been given far superior portrayal to VAs (Doflamingo's debut was literally toying with VAs).

There's a real sense in which the Seraphim are the "main antagonists" of Egghead moreso than the 9 VAs.

The 9 VAs aren't necessarily the calamities + Tobi Roppo of Egg Head. At least their current portrayal doesn't support it. If anything most of them seem to be more like the Numbers.

They've been given the highlighted focus, clashed with the strongest members of the Strawhats etc.

Cc: @Paperchampion23, @Sir Yasheen, @Elder Lee Hung, @MarineHQ, @SakazOuki, @LANJI CUCKSMOKE.
Thats not oda like it will very random I even think that zolo and sanji could team up until luffy seriously fights kizaru. We does not have seen the monster trio seriously fighting this arc with ifrit jambe or zolo (zolo fought serious against the kid s hawk)

Saturn is here and he holds ultimate authority over the Seraphim.

Plus York has been captured by the Strawhats and the Gorosei need her for the Mother Flame. They can't afford to lose her here.
The Gorosei said they needed her for mother flame but part of me wonders if Oda is doing a double trick on everyone

We will see. I don’t buy this hostage situation atm

No most likely they regained control of the Seraphim once York was dealt with.

The Seraphim have superior portrayal to the VAs though.

I don't understand this sentence.

BTW do we know which Blackbeard Pirates are in the vicinity of Egghead?

This is on an assumption that the VAs are the Tobi Roppo of this arc, but it's that assumption I'm sceptical of.
  1. I don’t want to see zoro and sanji waste a whole arc getting stalled by hawk and shark
  2. The seraphim have more potential that’s all we know
  3. They shouldn’t be taken out yet. Laffitte and Devon
  4. It’s the assumption that the vice admirals the the tobiroppo + all star equivalent. I don’t think they’re all weak. I think the fleet mirrors an emperors crew

But:

• Lucci
  • Kaku
  • Stussy
  • Bonney
  • Sentomaru

• S-Hawk
  • S-Bear
  • S-Snake
  • S-Shark

I cant see how nami chopper and usopp should deal with a VA

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
Only maybe two or three Vice Admirals the SHs might not fight and those SHs are going to be between Nami, Chopper, and Usopp.

But when it comes to the rest of the SHs, they are going to be fighting the Vice Admirals.

Bonney and Stussy might help out, we don't know what Lucci and Kaku will end up doing.

Also those who don't end up having their own fights will probably be fighting the fodders.

There is a reason why Oda brought 1 Admiral and 9 Vice Admirals, this is to match the Straw Hat Pirates 10 member crew.
I agree some of the VCs may be fodder as well but good match up lower trio like ussop , nami and chopper they barely had fight in wano.

Nami v doll is definately happening thats a given .

Zoro and Sanji will face admiral candidates VAs i am pretty two of the nine are pretty strong.
Who are Sentomaru and the CP 0 agents going to fight?

What will the Seraphim do? Is Saturn just going to leave them be?

The Gorosei said they needed her for mother flame but part of me wonders if Oda is doing a double trick on everyone

We will see. I don’t buy this hostage situation atm
My point is that:
  1. The situation is more dire than the World Government believed
  2. Saturn may need to intervene and that implies regaining control of the Seraphim