One Piece Chapter 1090: "Admiral Kizaru"

Rate this chapter

• Total voters
C

CensoredbyWG

These breaks are killers, man.

The last chapter was an okay setup and ending to the time away from Egghead. I did quite like the bait and switch for the big finish revealing the Strawhats had won.

Back and forth between all the characters was reasonably fun this chapter. A more than decent dialogue heavy one.

So the Seraphim were presumably not actually beaten but were stuffed in the bubbles? I actually suspected this chapter would be a flashback, quite (pleasantly) surprised that Oda seems happy to just move on. A reasonable way to preserve their hype.

Bonney being cheerful (like her more than Pudding btw, Sanji should throw her aside) made me realise I’d forgotten the entire Kuma plot was going on and as the Gorosei speak he’s climbing up to them.

Guess Law is also near confirmed for Elbaf (not that there was much doubt). Bepo’s the navigator, and I imagine his log pose hadn’t set yet either. Means he’ll be going to one of Egghead or Elbaf. Big sigh, because Kid and Law really aren’t very interesting characters and already had enough time in a long hyped arc.

It’s good that Oda’s going to devote some time to Kizaru’s character. I’ve always found him the most boring and disposable of the top tiers, a guy who seems to just be there as a quirky strong figure to stand in people’s way. The little glimpse of him, Sentomaru and VP playing with light last chapter was interesting. Him having strong ideals he won’t give up is promising as well.

And maybe we’ll actually see Luffy and Kizaru land a hit on each other before 2030. Bloody breaks.
There is enough law scenes lol, i dont believe oda will throw him again on yet another arc after such a small passage of time, unless he joins for good after his crew got destroyed.

Not only any attempt at downplay through Sentoumaru fall short due to Kizaru being clearly shown to have a soft spot for him, in the same page Oda has Yonko Luffy shivering from Kizaru's powerful presence lol.
No amount of "Kizaru was holding back" cope is going to work I'm afraid, we explicitly see Kizaru moving as light, meaning he's using his maximum speed and Sentomaru still easily reacts to and blocks him.

These breaks are killers, man.

The last chapter was an okay setup and ending to the time away from Egghead. I did quite like the bait and switch for the big finish revealing the Strawhats had won.

Back and forth between all the characters was reasonably fun this chapter. A more than decent dialogue heavy one.

So the Seraphim were presumably not actually beaten but were stuffed in the bubbles? I actually suspected this chapter would be a flashback, quite (pleasantly) surprised that Oda seems happy to just move on. A reasonable way to preserve their hype.

Bonney being cheerful (like her more than Pudding btw, Sanji should throw her aside) made me realise I’d forgotten the entire Kuma plot was going on and as the Gorosei speak he’s climbing up to them.

Guess Law is also near confirmed for Elbaf (not that there was much doubt). Bepo’s the navigator, and I imagine his log pose hadn’t set yet either. Means he’ll be going to one of Egghead or Elbaf. Big sigh, because Kid and Law really aren’t very interesting characters and already had enough time in a long hyped arc.

It’s good that Oda’s going to devote some time to Kizaru’s character. I’ve always found him the most boring and disposable of the top tiers, a guy who seems to just be there as a quirky strong figure to stand in people’s way. The little glimpse of him, Sentomaru and VP playing with light last chapter was interesting. Him having strong ideals he won’t give up is promising as well.

And maybe we’ll actually see Luffy and Kizaru land a hit on each other before 2030. Bloody breaks.
It's been a day since kuma started climbing the redline. The kuma plot has most likely been resolved

Yonko/Admiral bickering never gets old. I like both groups though so I feel this was a good chapter for both.

Kizaru is a top-tier, he was always gonna have an iffy moment or two given how Kaido, Big Mom, Teach and Aramaki were handled. They were legitimate threats that still had a moment or two or many in some cases of looking less than stellar. That's just how Oda us but when it's time for business, Oda treats them quite well in their respective fortes. Kizaru getting blocked ain't that bad, it's like G3 Luffy blocking Golden Buddha Sengoku or Guard Point Chopper blocking Big Mom.

Luffy being shocked at Kizaru's strength is good. He's an Admiral, I don't have them above Emperors but they're top-tiers through and through.

I expect a pretty lengthy Luffy/Kizaru clash. Kizaru's nearby, Luffy's on-guard, make it happen, Oda. I think perhaps it won't end in either being completely out of it to allow for Saturn and Zoro to get opponents but I think we'll see G5 Luffy vs Awakened Kizaru.

I'm back on the Sanji vs Lucci train. He's back to aiding his superiors as expected and Sanji's just been praised for his strength so perhaps those Seraphim fights really did conclude in combat (nevermind, seems they used the bubbles, shame). Lucci wanted more smoke with Luffy and Luffy wanted to protect his crew but Luffy's on to bigger things and Lucci's up to no good. Would be epic to see the most fleshed out Rokushiki user vs the Straw Hats' resident martial artist.

It's disappointing we didn't actually see Kaku do much on-panel. When he says he faced 2 Seras, he means in that group fight or did he somehow wind up alone? Regardless from what he showed he didn't seem stronger than your average Commander but maybe if he got jumped then maybe.

Good on Robin for keeping Luffy in check or trying anyway. She's one of the most reasonable members and Luffy was doing a pretty poor job at negotiations. Franky and Vegapunk moment was also quite nice. We should get more of that.

Elbalf!!! I always had hope we'd stop there. Would be nice to get a confrontation with the Red Hairs to prove to Shanks that Luffy's made it before Shanks' fateful encounter with Teach.

Overall, great chapter.

Last edited:
Wucci the fucking GOAT:steef::myman:

My man did his job perfectly as a spy and getting intel.:akaman:
Looks like kaku and stussy are on borrowed time. Still props to kaku for surviving 2 seraphim.
First time we got a dialogue from s-hawk. And the same old lame stuff with s-snake simping for luffy same as hancock.

Interesting change in bonney's behaviour in this chapter, maybe BBP made there move

Luffy looks downright terrified at the end. And the dialogue and light spread suggest that sento got dusted and kiz on his way to luffy.

But why wasn't Aokiji able to react to the speed of an old, injured Garp, while Sentomaru could react to prime Kizaru's light speed? Either Sentomaru's CoO and reaction is far superior to Aokiji's, or Garp even in old, injured state moves faster than Kizaru.
Or Kuzan was caught by surprise? Would be more consistent considering we saw them trade blows equally prior