Speculations One Piece is a "Wishing Well"

"Wealth, fame, power. The man who had acquired everything in this world, the Pirate King, Gold Roger!"
"My treasure? If you want it, I'll grant it! Search on! All the world had to offer, I left in that place!"

Vegapunk explained that the devil fruits embodies people wish. In a passage he says: "Of course, since they cause unnatural aberrations... they earn the ire of mother nature.. the sea itself"

So, the devil fruits is not something natural, but was created by people's desire to solve their own problems:

Anything a man can imagine (dream, wish, desire) is a possibility in reality. That's why there's a variety of fruits, all fruits exhaust the possibilities of the world. The devil fruits is all the things the world can offer.

My theory is:
Devil Fruits are technologies created by Dr. Willie Gallon (or Willy Karen) before the void century. The ancient kingdom shared this technology to help people. The alliance which formed the world goverment was against the ancient kingdom ideology. Was the own goverment which named "devil fruit". Maybe the former name of the fruits were something like "dreams fruit", or something like that.

But whats the deal of the one piece treasure?

I think the one piece is a "wishing fountain" or "wishing well" which purpose is to create (has the power to) the devil fruits. Not necessarily a fountain or well, but a machine created by Dr. Willie Gallon.
Thats why is said Roger acquired "everything in this world" or "all the world has to offer". Its because the one piece can exhaust all the possibilities, the one piece has the power to make everything that a priori seems impossible to something real. The one piece can realize people dreams.

@AverageNamiEnjoyer @OnePiss @AverageSanjiEnjoyer @Mr. Reloaded @mmd @Sir Yasheen @Sigran101 @Rambles @Admiral Maynard @Pot Goblin @Devilbat @Paperchampion23 @GUI @Albino 👑 @Shimotsuki Ghostly @straightforward @JoNdule @MonochromeYoru @Bepo D. Bear @CoC: Color of Clowns

Last edited:
"Wealth, fame, power. The man who had acquired everything in this world, the Pirate King, Gold Roger!"
"My treasure? If you want it, I'll grant it! Search on! All the world had to offer, I left in that place!"

Vegapunk explained that the devil fruits embodies people wish. In a passage he says: "Of course, since they cause unnatural aberrations... they earn the ire of mother nature.. the sea itself"

So, the devil fruits is not something natural, but was created by people's desire to solve their own problems:

Anything a man can imagine (dream, wish, desire) is a possibility in reality. That's why there's a variety of fruits, all fruits exhaust the possibilities of the world. The devil fruits is all the things the world can offer.

My theory is:
Devil Fruits are technologies created by Dr. Willie Gallon (or Willy Karen) before the void century. The ancient kingdom shared this technology to help people. The alliance which formed the world goverment was against the ancient kingdom ideology. Was the own goverment which named "devil fruit". Maybe the former name of the fruits were something like "dreams fruit", or something like that.

I think the one piece is a "wishing fountain" or "wishing well" that has the power to create the devil fruits. Not necessarily a fountain or well, but a machine created by Doctor Willie Karen.
Thats why is said Roger acquired "everything in this world" or "all the world has to offer". Its because the one piece can exhaust all the possibilities, the one piece has the power to make everything that a priori seems impossible to something real. The one piece can realize people dreams.

@AverageNamiEnjoyer @OnePiss @AverageSanjiEnjoyer @Mr. Reloaded @mmd @Sir Yasheen @Sigran101 @Rambles @Admiral Maynard @Pot Goblin @Devilbat @Paperchampion23 @GUI @Albino 👑 @Shimotsuki Ghostly @straightforward @JoNdule @MonochromeYoru @Bepo D. Bear @CoC: Color of Clowns

well, it's not impossible... but i think roger would have wished to be cured from snitch poison the 'mystery disease'. but that didn't happen... so i don't think one piece is a wish-fulfilling macguffin. and the world has to offer a lot of suffering and injustice, too, and it must be included in that 'all' that roger claims to have left behind...

well, it's not impossible... but i think roger would have wished to be cured from snitch poison the 'mystery disease'. but that didn't happen... so i don't think one piece is a wish-fulfilling macguffin. and the world has to offer a lot of suffering and injustice, too, and it must be included in that 'all' that roger claims to have left behind...
Sure its not a literal everything, the one piece would only create the devil fruits. But you make a good question. If the theory is true, why Roger didnt use the one piece?

My theory is:

I think the one piece is a "wishing fountain" or "wishing well" that has the power to create the devil fruits. Not necessarily a fountain or well, but a machine created by Doctor Willie Gallon.
You want to say that every devil fruit on the planet is due to a person being granted a wish from the One piece? I would not be averse to the thought. In fact, I quite like the idea and hope, Oda is revealing something along that.

I really had forgotten about that page. Are you currently reading One Piece from the beginning again? Or did you stumble upon it by accident?

You want to say that every devil fruit on the planet is due to a person being granted a wish from the One piece? I would not be averse to the thought. In fact, I quite like the idea and hope, Oda is revealing something along that.
something like that

I really had forgotten about that page. Are you currently reading One Piece from the beginning again? Or did you stumble upon it by accident?
When the chapter 1069 was released some people remembered this panel

something like that

When the chapter 1069 was released some people remembered this panel
I think there are so many small details Oda has mentioned in his story (something like this panel you posted above - here and there) that it will be a pain for analysts in the future to find every detail and put it together to make up, what Oda hints at.

Story-wise, there is nothing compared to One Piece. And barely anyhing will come close to it in the future.