Powers & Abilities Katakuri’s advanced armament

While katakuri obviously specializes in observation haki it isn’t like he isn’t skilled in armament as well

1. He obviously has basic armament and hardening

2. He’s able to coat his trident in armament hardening

3. He outright says he has another level of armament when using edged mochi

4. He’s able to perfectly infuse his hardening and fruit perfectly. With him being able to keep his fruits sticky properties while using it

That’s all
:kata:

Good for him, He has Vergo Level Mastery of Hardening.
Stronger Hardening isn't Advanced. CoA, it's simply being able to Coat yourself in Multiple Layers of Hardening

Vergo calls it "Super Hardening", his Haki Level doesn't change it, He just applies his Hardening more than once.
And that's what Katakuri was doing, but if someone has Stronger Haki Level, it doesn't matter how much They use, all those Layers are getting Destroyed, just like Law Defeated Vergo

Jinbe also seems to be able to use "Super Hardening"

doesnt really look like hardening on mogura.

and that statement about levels is just katakuri saying his hardening > luffys hardening tbh.

doesnt really look like hardening on mogura.

and that statement about levels is just katakuri saying his hardening > luffys hardening tbh.
How does it not?
It’s black and it wasn’t before. Even the sound effects are there

Like I showed first Katakuri used hardening before edged mochi. Luffy didn’t have a problem clashing with it and kat himself didn’t mention it being levels above

How does it not?
It’s black and it wasn’t before. Even the sound effects are there

Like I showed first Katakuri used hardening before edged mochi. Luffy didn’t have a problem clashing with it and kat himself didn’t mention it being levels above
Becazse it just looks like a shiny metal object tbh.

Why wouldnt kata use that superior form of haki before then? And why only with awakening?
Post automatically merged:

He just has really good Armament, but it's definitely not advanced.
Exactly. He isnt using anything that doesnt seem like hardening application of haki.

I'm 50/50 on the trident hardening. It does seem likely that he used it tho. Especially with the way its drawn and the sfx used.

His coa is likely a level above that version luffys coa. But I don't think it's advanced coa. Just of a higher tier for the base.

Acoa isn't necessarily stronger. It's just used differently. Ones internal and the other is external/protection.

Both have their advantages and both are useful.

However applying haki to a weapon does not make it advanced. Advanced haki sends it into the body of the opponent. Swords and tridents being imbued are not an example of this.

Becazse it just looks like a shiny metal object tbh.

Why wouldnt kata use that superior form of haki before then? And why only with awakening?
Post automatically merged:

Exactly. He isnt using anything that doesnt seem like hardening application of haki.
But it wasn’t black any panel before and was drawn black with sound effects basically saying it’s been hardened

Because he became more serious after luffy saw him during his merienda. He didn’t use all his abilities beforehand. It’s like asking why he didn’t use power mochi before

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎

It’s not hardening…

Katakuri has better than average CoA due to Block Mochi, which is using his fruit + armament haki. I wouldn’t call it advanced but a stronger application of regular armament (as opposed to barrier or internal destruction).

But it wasn’t black any panel before and was drawn black with sound effects basically saying it’s been hardened

Because he became more serious after luffy saw him during his merienda. He didn’t use all his abilities beforehand. It’s like asking why he didn’t use power mochi before
Its just shading.

It’s not hardening…

Katakuri has better than average CoA due to Block Mochi, which is using his fruit + armament haki. I wouldn’t call it advanced but a stronger application of regular armament (as opposed to barrier or internal destruction).
He just stopped hardening it

Its just shading.
I posted panels of it shaded without it being black or having sound effects